LFCC 2018: Highs and Lows

Highs:

the guests, especially Jason Momoa, Ray Fisher, Jack O’Halloran and Peter Weller (more for his hilarious talk than my meeting with him, but more on that below);

the crew largely excellent;

the better organization, overall much better than previous years;

the air con - with the high temperatures we’ve been having I was kind of dreading the heat of a Saturday LFCC, what with talk of high 30 degrees heat, but it was actually one of the coolest I’ve ever been too - not sure if the air con was switched onto max to compensate for the hot weather but please keep it up for next year! 

Lows:

Just the one really- that I got “dealered” as I call it when having waited 40 minutes in the Peter Weller queue, 2 dealers with loads of stuff just pushed in and my subsequent encounter with Peter Weller was, well flat -not unpleasant, far from it, he just he seemed a bit weary, unconcerned, probably from the dealers multiple signing demands!

Overall though great show, roll on next years!

• Like 1

There seems to be a newer type of 'dealer' now at the shows. Previously autograph dealers would get things signed to sell on. Now there are an increasing number of people who are offering to got to the show get things signed for people and charging for this service. This isnt a problem with the bigger guests as you are limited to 5 items but on the smaller guests there is no limit. With one guest I was stuck behind someone getting 16 items signed for people - all with specific pen colour and differences in what they wanted to be written. So annoying when you are second in the queue and still have 10mins+ wait. Maybe SM could bring in a blanket 5 items limit at one go - if you want more you can re-queue.

Edited by gobo1979uk

Low for me was James Caan. 

I was at his table on Saturday afternoon and he was not interested at all with interacting with me. 

He was more concerned with looking past me to make sure  crew members cut his line. 

Didnt shake my hand afterwards when I offered my hand or acknowledge my thank you. 

If my mum and friends hadn’t asked me to get his autograph, I wouldn’t have bothered. 

Oof. I hate poor guest experiences like that. D: I'm sorry. My dad was quite interested in meeting James Caan but the queues put him off. I'm kind of glad about that now since I'd have hated for him to go to all the trouble just to be ignored.

• Like 1

Highs-

we had weekend passes and managed to get everyone on our lists bar one, which was great! 

The photo pits I was in were well organised for the most part, especially Amber Rose & Wes on the Sunday. 

There was a nice selection of dealers and they were not all rammed in together like previous years which made browsing easier during quiet times. 

Entrance to the event was smooth and the crew guys were polite and cheerful throughout! 

The water and fans were a very welcome addition to the venue too! 

Lows

the photo shoot on Sunday morning for Jason was in a really awkward place, it was far too cramped, noisy and the poor crew member could not make herself heard at all! I definitely think you could benefit from having megaphones or signs at the pits stating batch numbers called etc. 

The people running the doors at the event (and by which I mean Olympia staff, not SM crew) were largely rude and unhelpful. On the Saturday a bin had caught fire in the smoking area and I went to tell the guy on the door and he turned his head away from me, completely ignored me and really did not want to deal with it. Another attendee ended up putting it out with water from her bottle. 

This is quite bad, I'm actually a fire Marshall at my place of work and know how serious bin fires can be, especially in built up areas. 

Another concern was the VQ system in really busy autograph queues. The system works, but when it's really busy it's impossible  to get close to the sign to even see the vq number. We tried several times to get to Sam Neill over the weekend and it just didn't happen! 

Largely it was a good event, the Sunday was really chilled providing you didn't need to get into the autograph area, which was mental! 

37 minutes ago, charlesberg said:

only negative was the lack of air con in the signing area. The heat really brings out the aroma of body odour. Thank goodness it cooled down this weekend

The air con broke on Thursday in the Auto pit. Apparently has a bad water leak and had to be switched off. 

Not a Showmasters issue, an Olympia one. 

• Like 2

I have to thank Showmasters in making a dream come true in meeting meat loaf and he exceeded my expectations he's just a fantastic guy.The guest that I meet that I caught on an off day was James caan,the complete opposite experience he was not interested at all ,didn't even look up ,not a word.this was on fi day and I was about 5 in line so it's not like he had been signing for ages,and this past one so he was running very late.overall a fantastic weekend and what a cherry on the cake in meeting David tenant.i can now say that I have a photo with all the living doctors except the latest one.roll on March.

Highs

Showmasters. The event in general. It's great to have an event like this in the UK. Showmasters do a wonderful job and just because of the behemoth it now is there are going to be people with small to major criticisms. But a tip of the hat to Jason and the team for putting these on for us. 

The Venue. Great being able to walk about the stalls so easily downstairs and upstairs (even though there was no air con) was fine.

Ray Park. Seems a real genuine chap. Takes time with fans. Perhaps some might say too much time but his interactions with the fans are what this hobby is all about. If you have a kid that loves Star Wars and Darth Maul then meeting Ray will be such an experience. I really think he is such a great guest to have at these shows and I hope that Jason tries to get Ray to be a regular guest in the way that Kenny Baker, Dave Prowse and Jeremy Bulloch were. 

Tom Welling. Another nice chap. He was getting through quite a lot of people quite quickly. But my friend and I met him a few times over the course of the weekend and it never felt like a production line. He spent much less time with people generally than Ray Park did but was so pleasant and I thought he was a good guest to have. 

Matt Wood. What a guy. Really nice chatting with him. 

Peter Weller charged £5 extra for quotes. Look I know this hobby is now expensive. It is too expensive. But, when faced with not having the option of 'character name, quote, personalisation' or whatever else I'd rather have the option to pay a small additional fee for a quote. I believe this was perhaps going directly to the back pocket of Dr. Weller but it might be something Showmasters should consider for those guests that don't do these things. 

Beckett Authentication Services. Those guys rock.

The Red & Blue shirts. Generally everyone I spoke with I thought was helpful. Trying their best and had a smile on their face. Only two Blue Shirt staff members I thought were quite rude; one to me and one to another gentleman just looking for some assistance. 

Lows

The poor guy standing with a sandwich board sign saying "No Photos" up at the main line at the back were the guests are signing. Some of these guests need to catch a grip, stick them all in closed pens if they can't stand someone taking a photograph of them from 30 feet away. Don't have some poor guy stood there with a sandwich board saying "No Photos"

There was a few hand written signs put up on Daniel Gillies autograph area either on the Saturday or the Sunday. The sign basically said "No Hugs, No Photos, No breathing on him, No farting near him, etc AUTOGRAPH ONLY". His agent or manager should have said to take those down. It doesn't look good for him. If he's got some sort of problem with teenage fan girls then he should be dealing with it some other way. Embarrassing. 

David Duchovny who I got an autograph from. Very much a production line. Trying to flog his new books (which is fine)...but then is he seriously suggesting that he would then charge you £85 to sign the damn book? I was trying to work that out. Anyway, long story short it wasn't a nice experience. The 'Blue Shirt' lady was to the point of being rude. I didn't really think much of David either to be frank. 

The complete balls up with having no VT's ready the Saturday morning for Sam Neill. This cannot happen. You've got to have those VT's ready at 9am sharp. There was a monster queue and folk then were left screwed for other guests that they wanted to get. 

No Photographs. I don't mind 'no posed photographs' at the table but I do get irked with 'no photos' at all as it is nice to get a snap of the guest signing the item. Generally for the big guests there are crappy looking A4 sheets with 'No Photographs' stuck up and I presume the reason varies for each guest whether the guest is making that call or Showmasters.

Last minute cancellations. There's no real point in leaving this as a critique because there is nothing that can be done when guests drop out at the last minute for health or filming reasons. I'm sure it ticks Showmasters off as much as us. 

I'm sure there were other highs & lows but I can't think of them at the moment and this post is long enough lol. 

my highs

meeting sam neill was a great experience for me. told him that I recently watched reily aces of spies he asked me if it was still that good I said yes it was and his reply was I haven't seen that in over 40 years i'll have to take your word for it.

tony robinson was great too peter weller (more on that in my lows) was ok for me also met guy siner on Friday and i'm still laughing about him and the others from allo allo being dressed up as gruber her flick and Helga lol @(it made my day) james caan was also a high for me too said hello and thank you even joked with me about my asking if he would use my gold pen as he finished I ask can I have my gold pen back please he laughed and said no i'm keeping it before giving me it back)

had time on Friday and sunday to look around the stalls and get exactly what I wanted.

another high was meeting a lady called Christine and her son alex I saw them in the que for james caan on Friday and we got talking I found out alex is autistic and doesn't like queing as we was waiting we found out james caan was not singing until 12.30am so we left the que I said to both of them have a lovely day and didn't see them again until Saturday queing to get a vq ticket for sam neill  as we were waiting alex wanted the free dr who comic so Christine asked me if I would stay with alex I said yeah sure as we was waiting people were just barging past and alex kept saying sorry I said to him not to as it was them who should say sorry not him this was still happening as Christine returned and she told him the same thing. then we finally got our vq tickets for sam neill as we waked off Christine told me that they were getting all the doctors over the weekend and that was the last time I saw them was looking for them on sunday to say this I hope you have a lovely time and get all the doctors you want and hopefully i'll see you both next year

my lows

on Friday I joined the ray park que I then had a 2 hour wait for him as he was chatting to everone n the que (I don't have a problem with this) but it did annyoy me that a guy (I guess he was a dealer had loads of lightsabers for ray to sign and then ray park decided to do a lightsaber display while he had a very long que also I heard he had been talking to someone in the que for his autograph for 35 to 45 mintues.

another low was peter wellers que I went with my brother and as we got there my brother said join the que you have your gold pass so I joined the que my brother went off to get who he wanted. I must have been in the que for about 10 mintues when  a guy in a red shirt was going down the line as he got to me he looked at me and said do you have a vq ticket for peter weller I said no I do have a gold pass though guy in the red shirt said i'm sorry sir mr weller is a DIAMOND PASS GUEST and you'll have to leave the que. that's when I said um no he isn't but the guy in the red shirt said no he is i'm afraid you'll have to leave the que by this time I was so angry I said that I had been told to come back by the girl in the blue shirt (i'd been going back and forth looking to see if I could join either sam neills que tony robinson que or peter wellers que from 9.30am till 2pm) but was told to leave so I did I decided to call my brother told him what had happened he told me to stay there and he was coming to find me (by this time I had walked off  so as I walked back) as I got to the que my brother turned up and was just about to have a go at the guy in the red shirt. when the red shirt spotted me he called me over and said sorry sir MY information was wrong so he then slotted me back in the que were I was before I walked off while I was waiting in the que the guy that was behindme said that he had shown the guy in the red shirt that peter weller was not a diamond pass. and while I was waiting the guy in the red shirt kept apologizing to me everytime he passed

Highs

i was gold pass and have to say the entry for gold pass was fantastic this year, did not have a bad meet with any guest, the blue shirts at the photo shoots i had were fantastic, the lay out of the photo shoot areas were good, i had 6 shoots on Saturday and the times for all of them crossed over with one of others, but still managed them all, the help i got at the peter Weller autograph queue on Saturday, we had paid already but he turned up late and we had to leave the queue for photo op and all the people i met and chatted too.

Lows

cannot help but feel the gold pass is slowly being phased out, first we lose the chill room, now we have no goody bag even though we were given a voucher to collect 1 and each year there seems to be more and more dp guests, i heard a lot of gold pass people saying it is now losing its value and the might just go normal entry and dp from now on.

giving out of the vq tickets, seems like each desk has a different rule, gold get in few minutes early so we can get lower vq tickets, but some desk will give you 1 when you get to them and others will not till the show officially starts, then you have Sam Neill vq tickets that were not even there when show opened and 1 big queue formed as staff went off looking for them.

the picking up of my gold pass and 2 dp on Thursday, i was told by a nice member of staff whilst queuing before entry that window 1 was for customers who were picking up gold and diamond passes, went to window 1, first person gave me my gold pass wrist band, second person did  not have my diamond passes so a third member had to go to another window to look for them, came back with 1, when i told him i had 2 he went back again and it could not be found, so they had to get me another 1.

queuing up for over 1 hour for Tom Bakers auto, let me just say this was not a problem, the length of time queuing, i would of stayed for as long as it took to meet this legend, but when you are queuing for over and hour and see someone with a disability band walk to the front to chat to a member of staff and get in front, again not a problem but watching him walk back up the queue get a couple of items from other people then walk back down the queue to the same member of staff and jump in front and get them signed and when this was pointed out by other member's of the queue we were told because he has the band he can go to the front,  then have 4 members of staff jump the queue and push in front of everyone else who had been queuing for over an hour  to get items signed was just a joke. i even took a photo of it.

do not take this bad i loved the whole event these were just a few tiny things and i will be back next year and if i think it still has value will be gold pass again.

Meat Loaf Was absolutely amazing. He just seemed to be having the best time meeting all of his fans, he was so friendly to everyone and wanted to know everyone. His queue was so slow because he just wanted to chat and chat. His talk may be the best talk I ever attended, he has some amazing stories. I feel a little bad for the guy who was hosting the talk as I think he said 5 words the entire time :lol:. Meat just wouldn't let him talk. And when the girl said she couldn't stand long because she had a cane Meat stood up using his cane and walked to the side of the stage saying something in you hurts and something in me hurts, we're in it together. So much love.

All the doctors was such a highlight.  I love that show so much. I kept saying for months and months to my sister who is a huge doctor who fan and was only attending for Peter Capaldi that you guys would get David Tennant as a joke. I was not expecting him announced midway through the Saturday. She ended up adding three other doctors with Peter Davison, Tom Baker and him. The cheer that went up through the venue when the tannoy announced he was coming was great too. He was an absolute gent when we met him as well, my sister was starstruck and didn't know what to say but I'm sure he has experience with that and was so friendly with her.

I also loved the moment midway through Pearl Mackie's diamond talk that David Bradley showed up. He heard her talking as he went by and came in the back but a crew member spotted him and brought him on stage where Pearl seemed delighted to have him join. They gave a great talk together!

Not sure I had any lows.

The Highs

The Guests for sure,

Zach Levi was just as you'd expect from the shows he's in, so full of life but so humble too. Him shouting "I'm at f**king superhero, how the F**K did that happen?!" was a highlight

James Caan, was great in the auto line and the photo shoot, asked where I was from, thanked me for coming, asked who had already signed my Elf DVD (Will and Zoey if you wondered) joked that at least auto was clearer to read, proper legend

Johnny Whitworth throwing out a Roger Rabbit impression, Tom Welling also showed Roger Rabbit some love (I was wearing a shirt..)

Tom Atkins and I chatted about tattoos...

Aly Michalka, Jack O'Halloran... loads more, all genuinely lovely. Was a nice bunch of people

The Lows...

I was not sure whether to post this as I don't want to upset anyone an I generally praise SM over all other events but this was the first show of theirs I have been to in about 11 years where I felt I was just there to spend my money...

Johnny Whitworth and Tom Atkins both had their prices increased about a week before the event which threw my spending plans up in the air a bit... Johnny's was a full £10 increase

I went to meet Johnny and asked for a photo and he said sorry but he's not allowed, he felt bad at coming across as a bad guy for saying no but had photo shoots planned. I said not to worry and that he should ask for a sign to take that pressure off him. His assistant said if I had asked her she would have said no and wouldn't ask for a sign to go up.. sorry but I never ask the assistant for anything... why would I? Anyway, a potentially awkward encounter asides, he was great in the photo shoot which I ended up buying too

Tom Atkins next, he was so nice, chatted to everyone, joking around and was bringing people round the back of his table for photos. I got to him, we chatted, we joked, he signed. I asked for a photo... "I am really sorry but I have just been told I am not allowed to be taking photos with people as I have a photo shoot later" (better note that just before this, a sign went up next to Adrienne who he was sitting next to but not Tom) no worries Tom, genuine pleasure to meet him, so much energy for an 82 year old.

Now I have been doing these things a while as I said and I know some guests request a no photos sign and for the busier guests some restrictions are put into place to get people through quicker and more of them but it seems like there are more and more examples of thee guests being told not to pose at the tables. For the record, I didn't ask Aly Michalka for a selfie as I already had a photo shoot (she was doing them before a sign went up) and I didn't buy a photo shoot after Tom politely declined...

Lastly, Zach Levi who I never expected to have time to pose for photos as he would surely going to be busy posted a video on his instagram apologising in advance of the convention starting saying he had been asked about selfies but wouldn't be doing them as he has been told that he is not allowed

so that is that, I know what responses this will get and truly hope it doesn't result in some sort of forum ban as I sing SM praises all the time but like I say, it is the first time I have felt a little let down by them... any way, see you in March!

Only real low was the amount of Funko Pop stalls, I reckon 50% of the stalls were selling them. I get that they are popular and i get that if someone has paid for a spot then they can sell whatever they want but it would be nice to have more variety in the stalls. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TWDStuff said:

Only real low was the amount of Funko Pop stalls, I reckon 50% of the stalls were selling them. I get that they are popular and i get that if someone has paid for a spot then they can sell whatever they want but it would be nice to have more variety in the stalls. 

yeah I know I'm not into the funko pop thing. best things I bought was star wars black series 6 inch figures as I found them cheaper at the show then in a retail shop and that was over 2 different stalls

i had a fantastic time this year, the crew member in the miranda richardson queue was awesome,(she had blue hair) she let me put my heavy bag by where you pay for the autograph as it was heavy as when i kept going back to check on the  ticket number, she kept the queue informed on what was going on, she did a ace job

my only low

the price of the food and it was discusting, next time i will nip over the road to tescos (i didn't know it was there till i went outside for some air

Highs- all the interactions with the guests, I didn't have a single bad experience with photos or autos.

Only low- missing both Capali and Duchovny's shoot's due to my idiocy and writing down the wrong times for their shoots. I was planning on doing both of their pm shoots. On the plus side I got a smile from Duchovny as he was walking to his am shoot and Capaldi smiled and waved at me as he walked back from his pm one.

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

Highs - In general, this convention was better organised than the ones that I went too years ago (I've been out of the game for a while). It was good to have space to move, space to sit down and a bit of aircon. 

The staff were all lovely, if a bit blunt when asking questions/asking for cheeky favours (when you have to get something signed, but also want to get to that photoshoot), the guest line up was fantastic as well and the guests I met (Capaldi, Eccleston, Tennant, Smith, Moffat) were all absolutely lovely (even if Eccleston was a quick in and out for the photoshoot).

Lows - 

The prices, I know this is a tricky one as the prices are also in part decided by the agents but there were so few children around compared to back in say, 2012 as all of the larger guests prices are now closer to £100, compared to even Shatner being £35/40ish only a few years ago. The convention is beginning to feel more and more like an exercise in getting those with money to give it over, rather than a celebration of films and comics. 

Variety of stalls - I thought the Jack Ryan stand was fantastic, but there seemed to just be multiple walls of pop Vinyls around every corner, it would be great if LFCC could begin to attract more companies to display upcoming products/sell limited collectables for LFCC similar to SDCC. 

'Collectors booklet', pretty much a folded sheet of paper plastered in ads. Could these at least be made with something a bit thicker so they actually hold the photos flat? I know it may step on the toes of the people that sell the rigid plastic sleeves but if something is worth doing, it's worth doing it once and they would still be able to sell to those getting Autos. 

£5 a digital photo. 

I've already paid close to £100 for some guests, shouldn't that include at least a limited one time only code to get the digital version as well? Fair enough for buying replacements down the line if there is a hard drive crash.etc but that's an insane price for digital copy of something you've already purchased. 

Tennant Diamond Pass - 
I know he was a last minute announcement and I'm incredibly grateful that you got him, but one of those bead lanyards and a generic LFCC blue pass with David Tennant scrawled on it doesn't strike me as collectable. Would it be possible to get a proper pass with his photo on it and a proper lanyard sent out to those with the Diamond? I'd love to display a proper pass with the picture. 

Queue management - 
Showmasters could really do with bringing the staff in a few days earlier to do some dry runs of arrangements/make sure everyone knows exactly where they want to be (and maybe offering to pay more/more perks so they attract more staff). The photoshoots for the larger guests were a chaotic mess of people cutting in left right and centre, which typically led to some people kicking off about it and generally made the atmosphere a bit more unpleasant. I think queue barriers would probably be sensible rather than just tape on the floor. I want to be clear I don't blame the staff, they were doing the best they could with limited resources! 

Edited by Vanguard1138

1 hour ago, TWDStuff said:

Yeah they were everywhere! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TWDStuff said:

Funky pops and Fudge, I think there were at least three Fudge stalls. I didn’t see (or didn’t find at least) anyone selling Blu-rays and only a handful of DVDs which was unusual. Had a few I was after, guess I’ll hit eBay instead. Seems whenever I take spending money to buy merch, there’s none, if I don’t have the cash there’s loads. 

58 minutes ago, Vanguard1138 said:

Lows - 

The prices, I know this is a tricky one as the prices are also in part decided by the agents but there were so few children around compared to back in say, 2012 as all of the larger guests prices are now closer to £100, compared to even Shatner being £35/40ish only a few years ago. The convention is beginning to feel more and more like an exercise in getting those with money to give it over, rather than a celebration of films and comics. 

£5 a digital photo. 

I've already paid close to £100 for some guests, shouldn't that include at least a limited one time only code to get the digital version as well? Fair enough for buying replacements down the line if there is a hard drive crash.etc but that's an insane price for digital copy of something you've already purchased. 

I hear you point re: prices.  But encouraging these stars to come over isn't cheap.  Nonetheless, they also rarely come over.  I'm referring to the likes of Steven Seagal, David Duchovny etc.  The only way too see them to to travel across the Atlantic and flights/hotels are in excess of a photoshoot price.  In my opinion, the price offered by Showmasters is fair and no hobby comes cheap.

As for the digital photos, from my experience, cloud based facilities and the time taken to upload them do not come free.  

Highs: I wore 9th, 11th and 12th, cosplays to each doctor photo shoot and they all commented and complimented me on them which makes rushing to change them between shoots worth it. first time i've worn my 9th doctor to a convention and Chris was the first shoot i did he noticed straight away so happy with that

Lows: obviously over selling on photo shoots and quite a few running over time making others late which was annoying was panicking quite a lot that i would miss a shoot but i managed it just about  

Highs -

Being able to finally get to meet Matt Smith without needing to fork out tons of money to fly to America. He is my favourite Doctor in Doctor Who and has been for many years now. He was amazing too, very fan friendly and I even managed to get a hug from him which was definitely one of my biggest highlights of the day. I also love the Tardis photo I managed to get with him too and considering he is my favourite Doctor and to have a great photo with the Tardis in the background makes me even more happier as it to me (as he my favourite in Doctor Who) has more meaning in photos like this. Even at his Autograph table when we where getting rushed through as time was getting on and the Crew needed to hurry things up, he was still smiling and saying hi to fans. He managed to meet my expectations and surpass them, I freaking love this guy! :wub:

James Caan was amazing. When I arrived at his autograph table I was quite surprised to see it open queue so I went and got my autographs and he seemed pleasant enough, I even managed to shake his hand afterwards. At the photoshoot he was very nice too sticking his hand out to shake hands with people and thus I managed to get a very nice photo thanks to this, one in which I am really happy about and one of the members of staff who gave me my photo at the shoot told me that she liked the photo too 'Nice Shot' I think I remember her saying which gave me the impression she like the photo too, which really pleased me, more so when I often suffer with a lot of Anxiety and can easily become very sensitive over little trivial things. He was one of the biggest reasons I went to the event and thankfully he didn't disappoint. Also I want to mention for a guy at his age to fly from American for an event like this in hot humid weather and still try and please fans is something I want to praise him for, I have met a few younger guests who have unfortunately been much more colder to fans, so thumbs up to James superb guy! 

Daniel Shorago was great to meet too. Whilst I got my autograph with him he was also in the process of getting into full costume ready for his in-costume shoot, he was really fun and fan friendly often joking around, loved it! At his photoshoot I mustered up enough confidence to ask for a pose for the camera and one in which I'm really happy about too. I really wish Voice Actors where not so underrated at these events :( 

Chris Eccleston was a really top guy too. I for many many years now have been told that Chris doesn't like his fans and other bad things which I wont go into but when I got my photo with him he was great! smiley and accept different poses for the camera and handshakes too, managed to get a nice photo from him. I have learnt my lesson from listening to other people, if folk say negative things about actors just meet them anyway and make up your own mind on what they are like, you may be surprised at how friendly and different they can be at times..

The Crew where on point. Every time I asked a question they knew the answer and where to go, I have unfortunately been to other events in the past where the Crew where badly advised and thus I ended up missing out on stuff through it. The crew at the queues where great too always trying their best to organise everything with Batch numbers and such. Great stuff!

LOWS:

David Duchovny When I met him during the photoshoot, I'll admit I was getting rushed in as I had come in late for the shoot but I don't remember him once saying a single word to me, he did have his hand on my back during the photo which kind of made up for the lack of communication, but I cant help but feel like the shoot could of gone better and it may of done if I wasn't late for the actual shoot haha. At his autograph session he did seem rather tired and the person I was with mentioned after I had got my autograph that he did seem tired, he wasn't really looking at people neither. I did however manage to get a 'fist pump' with him, which helped me mood over him a bit. I didn't have high expectations when meeting him so I'm not too disappointing despite how things turned out, maybe he is just a genuine shy guy or just very reserved I have never really read up on feedback regarding him yet.

Steven Seagal Was very reserved too and like David didn't really say anything, so perhaps another really reserved individual. I'm glad that from past events I do make an extra effort to lower expectations before these events now as it really does pay off when one guest unfortunately doesn't live up to expectations. I did manage to shake Steven's hand at the autograph table though.

Missing out on David Tennant, I tried to buy a DP when he got announced but it forever said 'Unavailable' so ended up sadly missing out on that, although I finally got the meet the best Doctor the very next day anyway which more than made up for it. I also managed to see Tennant signing autographs too whilst I was getting my autograph from Seagulls (I love calling him that haha) so its not like I never got to see Tennant xD I'll be very surprised if SM don't get Tennant back very soon considering how Eventbrite reacted to the outburst of his announcement lol

I now have around 6 lovely blisters on my feet from walking around in uncomfortable shoes lol (and yes I have counted them, I'm currently playing with them as I type )

Overall great event! I have enjoyed my weekend, got to meet guests I never thought I would and okay some seemed more reserved than others but I'm quite shy too so I can relate I guess lol. I love the photos and photo poses I got with the guests too. Thanks SM for an incredible and a fantastic weekend! :D

Edited by Sassy1988
  • Like 1