The “Thank You” Thread

See i had complete different view as i was picking up my gold pass today there was a back log getting in if you didnt have your pass already, so even though at venue by 9 wasnt in the building until 10 past 10. The issue was queue was backed up with diamond pass pick up so held everyone up

I heard a couple of grumbles about dealers taking 30+ items at a time to get signed and having them all done in one go, but most of the staff on the desks were trying to limit it to five at a time at least, which is to be applauded.

8 hours ago, WayneLee said:

See i had complete different view as i was picking up my gold pass today there was a back log getting in if you didnt have your pass already, so even though at venue by 9 wasnt in the building until 10 past 10. The issue was queue was backed up with diamond pass pick up so held everyone up

I agree. Seemed to take agwa to come in. Not all diamond passes were there and had to go all the way round to collect them.

17 hours ago, EllaBlair said:

I arrived at 12 and had no problems whatsoever. Even had a very nice security guard help me with my suitcase and getting it to the cloakroom. Wish I had caught his name!

Yeah, walked into the Olympia and straight into us due to the timing of it! :lol:

• Like 1

Also need to add my thanks to (and my apologies for not catching their names):

• the girl running the extra help entrance yesterday morning. Made it run like clockwork, reassured us all the way through and made sure our entrance was in an orderly and fair manner (unlike the reports from last year)
  • the guy running photo A queue. Had his work cut out for him right from the off with Meatloaf starting 10 minutes late and then over running. I think his honesty and humour was appreciated by everyone waiting around there, especially when there was a further issue later on in the afternoon with the camera delaying the Tom Welling/John Schneider session quite significantly too.
  • Like 2

A couple of people I was queueing with during the event yesterday for autographs (so not prior to opening here) said it was quieter than usual for a Friday. May have had an influence on the civility and consideration levels heh. I’ve only ever done one Saturday at a Showmasters event, and it put me right off doing one again, for reasons such as that. Hence my comment about Battle VQ yesterday!

1 minute ago, HeartDT said:

I have a shoot at 12.10 no other pm shoot.  I have my pass already for entry band but still been in this queie for ages.  I better not miss my shoot!

Sorry, but those general comments really don't help me forwarding any issues. What line has issues, what possible clash are you facing etc.

Posting those general complaints does not accomplish anything besides scaring new attendees, as proved yesterday when the Meat Loaf line had issues and people came on here claiming "virtual queueing has been completely abandoned."

If you have something clashing or possibly clash talk to crew of the shoot/line you are in. They have infos on possible delays which I don't have, and they can give way better advice than me beng several hundred miles away.

Waiting to see the usual comments from the usual people on how badly LFCC was run today. Under the circumstances (last minute cancellations, photo changes, delays etc) I’d like to publicly applaud Showmasters for doing a damn good job! Hope everything goes well for the rest of the weekend! xxx

• Like 4

People will always pick up on the negatives.

It is a complicated event and some elements are outside Showmasters control. In the round, I think they do a really good job.

The guy marshalling the Paige Turco queue on Friday was really good. She was late arriving but he kept everybody informed, calm and in good spirits, fanning us down with some paper and offering us mints.

Top bloke!

• Like 1