The “Thank You” Thread

I can't believe it's all over already :( Can we go back? I loved it so much once again! Thank you SM for this event, it's one of the highlights of the year for me. I met amazing people, had the time of my life. Next year is gonna be epic aswell and I'm going all three days then! :D 

Edited by Kurdamoni

12 hours ago, R4wly97 said:

Thank you to all the crew at my first LFCC you all deserve a gold medal and a well earned break!

A special thank you to the young blonde haired lady at the entrance to David Tennant’s autograph area and the really tall guy in the red crew shirt at Peter Capaldi’s autograph area!

I appreciate the use of the word 'young' haha :D Glad you had a good day and enjoyed your first time attending 

Still haven’t written a formal thank you, and now on my train to the airport I finally have the time, but no words can express how grateful I am for this convention.

You created the best event ever for Whovians worldwide, and beyond all the complaining for too many Doctor Who guests it still isn’t addressed enough that you broke a world record, reunited almost all living Doctors, and made thousands of fans happier than ever before.

The Doctor Who lineup was amazing throughout, not only the leads but also the brilliant companions and recurring characters. And it’s even more amazing considering they were only a small portion of the full lineup. I appreciated so much all your efforts and dedication in order to book as many Doctors as possible up to the very last moment with Tennant’s announcement, my favourite guest alongside Peter Capaldi. You were determined to create the best event ever for the Doctor Who fandom and you totally delivered. Thank you to the crew who allowed the whole experience to be smooth and satisfying, being as helpful and kind as they could even under pressure.

For me no other event will ever match this one, this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You made my Whovian dreams come true all at once, both on a personal level and collection-wise. Only problem I now have to find me new dream guests :P Luckily I already have a new entry to my must meet list: Jodie Whittaker :D I hope you will continue to have a special attention for us Whovians, inviting back some of this year’s guests - as well as new ones - to future shows. No other convention did what you did for us, and I doubt others will manage to do that or even try, so well done and congrats!

Also thank you for the opportunity to meet a couple of people from this forum and chat with other fans, there aren’t many occasions to meet other Whovians or collectors where I live - and since this is a thank you post, thank you also to wjbleming and R4 for saying hello to me and chatting briefly, I’m incredibly socially awkward so I really appreciate it when other people initiate a conversation :D Hope to see you at many more events for years to come! ^_^

Edited by Nerd Who
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

Still haven’t written a formal thank you, and now on my train to the airport I finally have the time, but no words can express how grateful I am for this convention.

You created the best event ever for Whovians worldwide, and beyond all the complaining for too many Doctor Who guests it still isn’t addressed enough that you broke a world record, reunited almost all living Doctors, and made thousands of fans happier than ever before.

The Doctor Who lineup was amazing throughout, not only the leads but also the brilliant companions and recurring characters. And it’s even more amazing considering they were only a small portion of the full lineup. I appreciated so much all your efforts and dedication in order to book as many Doctors as possible up to the very last moment with Tennant’s announcement, my favourite guest alongside Peter Capaldi. You were determined to create the best event ever for the Doctor Who fandom and you totally delivered. Thank you to the crew who allowed the whole experience to be smooth and satisfying, being as helpful and kind as they could even under pressure.

For me no other event will ever match this one, this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You made my Whovian dreams come true all at once, both on a personal level and collection-wise. Only problem I now have to find me new dream guests :P Luckily I already have a new entry to my must meet list: Jodie Whittaker :D I hope you will continue to have a special attention for us Whovians, inviting back some of this year’s guests - as well as new ones - to future shows. No other convention did what you did for us, and I doubt others will manage to do that or even try, so well done and congrats!

Also thank you for the opportunity to meet a couple of people from this forum and chat with other fans, there aren’t many occasions to meet other Whovians or collectors where I live - and since this is a thank you post, thank you also to wjbleming and R4 for saying hello to me and chatting briefly, I’m incredibly socially awkward so I really appreciate it when other people initiate a conversation :D Hope to see you at many more events for years to come! ^_^

I was going to write something here, but your post pretty much sums up my thoughts as well ^_^ Thank you so much SM for an amazing weekend.

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone in the crew ! We had a blast! Every year there's is something changing, something new, something better. Thank you so much! :wub2::wub2:

There was a crew member a photoshoot A, a guy and he did an amazing job. Calling all passes and batch and getting the late one in their rightful batch queue. 

LFCC is by far one of the best organised con i've ever done.

So big up to all the staff, crew and so ! Thank you so much, keep doing such a great work. And to showmaster THANK YOU ! :thumbup:

For making our dreams come true ! Can't wait to be next year for another great edition ! 

• Like 2

My english is not very good so I will make it short and clear :)

Thank you for the event! I met actors I wanted to meet and seeing other people so happy (and myself) with their photoshoot. All the happiness and joy you are bringing. Thank you and see you at least twice next year! 

I'd also like to put in my thanks to everyone, but especially the tall, Welsh Red Shirt at Peter Capaldi's auto queue. He was funny, kind, and ensured that after the rather stressful queuing experience I'd had during the day there that I got to keep my place in the queue after being right at the front twice and not able to see Peter. He was a godsend and I never got to thank him on the day.

Thank you Red Shirt Dude! You were the best! :D

On 30/07/2018 at 7:16 AM, AccioChocolate said:

I feel like I've missed people but thanks to:

The team that worked Matt Smith's auto queue in the afternoon trying to be fair and efficient whilst dealing with a lot of worried people, some that were getting quite heated (particularly thanks to the blueshirt woman in the purple leggings walking up and down the queue trying to give us all the information they had available and the blonde lady redshirt who got the situation under control and was just a legend the whole weekend (including Thursday afternoon organising the pick up queues) 

From Team Thursday front door and afternoon Matt Smith queue I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed the weekend, as fans ourselves we always understand the emotions. :)

I've realised that I left out my thank you's from my Wround Up thread so I thought I'd add them here. I want to thank the pit boss with the red glasses (I think her name was Mary? Sorry if that's wrong) who helped us vq people get Meat Loaf's auto on Friday afternoon. I'd also like to thank Darren who also helped me out with something on Sunday too. In general I'd like to thank the crew really who were all great in my opinion this year. I know dealing with the public can be a hard and thankless job but everyone i met seemed relatively stress free and many were enjoying themselves! I also want to thank Showmasters for one of the smoothest LFCC's I've experienced. My thanks also go to the mods on here for putting up with us lot year round and helping those who need it without (much) complaining. And finally, (this one I did put in my thread, but I'm adding it again anyway) I want to thank all my friends, and people I met, not just over the weekend but anyone I have spoken to on here throughout the year (I guess this includes the bear too) as you guys are what make me continue to go to these events.

Thank you all :D

• Like 4

I had a great weekend as always, always love the atmosphere of Olympia and layout of the con.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the lovely guy looking after the Steven Moffat signing on Sunday (who's name has escaped me after such a busy day). He didn't have much space to work with and had to deal with a high demand of people, he handled it so well. That signature and meet made my weekend!

Big thank you to Theresa (I think?) and crew at Lance Henrikson auto queue for helping me, providing a chair and keeping me entertained (and thoughts away from the pain I was in). Also thank you to dude organising photo A and the David Tennant Tardis shoot for their Extra Help support. I was blown away! Cannot wait til the next one, already very blue missing it!

Unfortunately I do not have everyone's name that I'd like to thank. The photoshoot areas were generally managed well by hardworking blue and red shirts. I had many shoots over the weekend with a lot to juggle. Ben & Kiel (I hope I spelt that right) were particularly helpful and managed the photoshoots incredibly well. Ben helped me manage my clashes on Sunday, Thanks for the advice - I followed it and got everything done. Hope to see you again next time.

5 minutes ago, Liam Dolan said:

thank you very much Showmasters for giving me the chance to meet Matt Smith thanks i hope next year will be as good or better than this year  x

Agreed, Matt was amazing and I too want to thank SM for getting him, he was worth the several years wait to meet him :wub:

I also want to thank SM for putting on a great event in general, everything so well organised and the crew knew what they where doing. I had never been to Olympia before prior to the event and just want to say how much I love the layout of the merch on the lower floor and the guests on the first floor, made navigating so much easier.

Okay a bit of rambling here but whatever. I have been suffering with a lot of personal issues as of late as a great family friend whom has practically been a second father to me for over 20+yrs is slowly dying of Cancer, he has recently been in and out of Hospital and Hospices a lot lately so we think its only a matter of time before he leaves us, sadly :( and if that wasn't enough my mother ended up stealing £5k off me and buying something she couldn't afford with it making the event a difficult one to afford, thankfully though I have good friends and other family members that managed to help me out. So yea sorry about that bit of negativity but I just wanted to say thanks to SM for putting on a great event and giving me a bit of respite from my current life situation. 

I look forward to next years event and hope the line-up will be just as good! Though I'd be lying if I didn't say that for me it would be a tough one to beat too. Thanks SM!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sassy1988 said:

Agreed, Matt was amazing and I too want to thank SM for getting him, he was worth the several years wait to meet him :wub:

I also want to thank SM for putting on a great event in general, everything so well organised and the crew knew what they where doing. I had never been to Olympia before prior to the event and just want to say how much I love the layout of the merch on the lower floor and the guests on the first floor, made navigating so much easier.

Okay a bit of rambling here but whatever. I have been suffering with a lot of personal issues as of late as a great family friend whom has practically been a second father to me for over 20+yrs is slowly dying of Cancer, he has recently been in and out of Hospital and Hospices a lot lately so we think its only a matter of time before he leaves us, sadly :( and if that wasn't enough my mother ended up stealing £5k off me and buying something she couldn't afford with it making the event a difficult one to afford, thankfully though I have good friends and other family members that managed to help me out. So yea sorry about that bit of negativity but I just wanted to say thanks to SM for putting on a great event and giving me a bit of respite from my current life situation. 

I look forward to next years event and hope the line-up will be just as good! Though I'd be lying if I didn't say that for me it would be a tough one to beat too. Thanks SM!

Sorry to hear that :( Hope everything works out well for you in the end.

Glad you enjoyed the event though, and loved meeting Matt ^_^

• Like 1

Thank you to all of the crew and the organisers. All of the crew members I spoke to throughout the day were very friendly and helpful even in stressful situations (especially at the end of the day). The queue was well organised at the start of the day, as I got there for 7:45 and people were moved together to make more room and we were let in at 9 on the dot. Moving around between the two photo areas and the guest signing are took some getting used to but I managed in the end. It would be any DW fan's dream to meet the Doctor so to meet seven of them (as well as knowing there was an eighth somewhere in the building) as well as three companions was amazing. Hopefully I will come to more of these now, as I have the bug now from LFF and LFCC.

Better late than never.... I flew in from the US specifically because of Christopher Eccleston. I have been a Whovian for over 40 years. It was my first LFCC and first time in the UK. I have now met every living actor who has played the Doctor except for Jodie. I had met Davison, Colin Baker,  Sylvester, Tennant and Matt Smith previously. I was incredibly excited for David Bradley, Capaldi, McGann and my Doctor Tom Baker! It was interesting seeing the similarities and differences from the cons that I go to here in the states. This forum and a group on social media were huge helps in planning. So even though I didn't create an account or post before, thank you to everyone. I personally had a great time, have amazing photos and memories.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, WendyRamone said:

Better late than never.... I flew in from the US specifically because of Christopher Eccleston. I have been a Whovian for over 40 years. It was my first LFCC and first time in the UK. I have now met every living actor who has played the Doctor except for Jodie. I had met Davison, Colin Baker,  Sylvester, Tennant and Matt Smith previously. I was incredibly excited for David Bradley, Capaldi, McGann and my Doctor Tom Baker! It was interesting seeing the similarities and differences from the cons that I go to here in the states. This forum and a group on social media were huge helps in planning. So even though I didn't create an account or post before, thank you to everyone. I personally had a great time, have amazing photos and memories.

Glad you had a good time Wendy and wow for flying in from the US!

Four Doctors in one weekend.  Cannot thank and praise Showmasters enough.  An excellent convention. I wish i could upload the photos here but i cant.  Once again thanks to the staff and Guests of LFCC and see you next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sooty said:

Four Doctors in one weekend.  Cannot thank and praise Showmasters enough.  An excellent convention. I wish i could upload the photos here but i cant.  Once again thanks to the staff and Guests of LFCC and see you next year.

8 doctors in one weekend :P 

Every crew member that I interacted with or saw in action was great. I wish I had thought of it earlier to take note of them to thank them here. And I wish my eyesight wasn't so terrible that I can't read most nametags! Some standouts are:

- Red and blue shirt on photo area B on Sunday (early) morning, getting a headstart on organizing people and keeping spirits up while we waited for Arthur Darvill to turn up.

- Kiel at photo area C was a hero organizing the queue for Christopher Eccleston. He mantained order, reassured everyone, displayed an amazing patience, and kept his cool and his cheerfulness when explaining to some upset people why the morning shoot had to be closed and they would undoubtedly get their photo in the afternoon.

- The girl at photo area F, who kinda looked like Billie Piper, in charge of handling the chaos that Aidan Turner's photoshoot threatened to be. In the face of his 30 minute delay in the morning, and the hordes of people that had to go to the afternoon session, she kept the situation under control and not once lost her smile. Bonus points to the Grim Reaper guy signaling the end of the queue and current batch - please give him an MVP award!

- The girl with pink hair at photo area E who kept joking and keeping everyone's spirits up.

- Whoever organized the queue for the normal David Tennant photoshoot at area G. There were a whole lot of us, everyone was a little anxious, but they made it run like clockwork.

- Not exactly SM crew, but the people from the thecosplayforge.co.uk stall who fixed broken cosplays and props for free deserve all the praise in the world! Thank you for saving my wand and my Tennant photoshoot!

Edited by MarioVl
  • Like 2