The “Thank You” Thread

Thank you first and foremost to Showmasters - the event was not only a huge success but one of the most high-energy ones you've ever put on!

There was something for everyone and excitement building throughout the days. I was only there Friday and Saturday and crew were brilliant. I wanted to attend Sunday but had a prior commitment which meant I missed the "Who-vention" which was a feat and a half.

Friday was very hot in the venue despite less people so I was dreading Saturday, but with the cooler weather and management of people it worked out fine. Thank you to the Meatloaf fans because although I didn't get anything from him or know much about him, his fans were so many and so passionate you couldn't help but feel a bit "batty" too (not meant as an insult, just a pun). It was great to see so many people happy just to meet him. Thank you to the photo area guys - all my photo experiences went smoothly thanks to you and despite a clash between Tom Welling Diamond talk-David Duchovny photo-Tom Welling photo- Peter Weller photo and David Duchovny diamond talk on Saturday, you made it all happen through ushering me through the queue with determination to ensure I didn't miss the talks I had bought tickets for.

Thank you to the guests who were enthusiastic about meeting their fans, even the ones I didn't meet - you could see it on their faces and fan reactions. Jason Momoa walking around pumping fists in the air was a highlight especially as I didn't pay to have a photo or get his autograph, I still got to high five him as he came past. He seemed to be enjoying both days and his audience. Thanks to Peter Weller who I told when I had a photo with him that I wished I could've seen him at the table but didn't make it to the front of the queue. His response was I'm sorry and what were you going to get signed? I said my Robocop poster and after our photo was taken, before I left he looked me in the eye and said "Thank you for your co-operation" in his Robocop voice! At least I have that memory! Hopefully he'll come back and we can have a diamond pass for him so I have a chance in the future.

Thanks to the couple from Scotland who stood in front of me when we were waiting for John Schneider's autograph on Saturday for kindly taking my photo with him and the friendly chat. We were taken aback by a gold pass holder who skipped the entire queue and walked in front of us and insisted to the lady behind the desk he took priority over the everyone for being a gold pass owner. She wasn't so sure and when he became rude and boisterous, she calmly said the couple ahead of me and myself had already paid for our autographs and had been waiting for a long time so she was happy to slide him in after us. He stood in front of us so to act as a barrier between us and the table said he would wait there after which she tactfully and calmly managed convince him to wait on the other side and remove his stuff from the autograph table. A HUGE THANK YOU TO HER not only for her patience but for her courtesy, friendliness and calm demeanour which made the John Schneider signing perfect.

Thank you to the crew on the info desk for trying desperately to find out what can be done about my pre-ordered Doctor Who comic and trying to get the remaining since announced guests to sign on it. They said they'd try but had no idea if this would be possible although I may be offered to buy a fully signed one at an increased price. We didn't get anywhere but I appreciate the full 15 minutes you spent calling people and trying, understanding my desire to get through to someone.

Thank you to the crew who dealt with so many sudden changes including Tom Baker's late arrival, over-running photo shoots, difficult customers who sometimes were shouting at crew members for the shoot not being at the time printed on their ticket (Tom Baker photoshoot) and dealing with all the announcements as best as you could. Undoubtedly there was a lot of pressure on you with all the constant announcements (Peter Davison's been announced! Steven Moffat's coming on Sunday! David Tennant is coming on Sunday - pandemonium and hysteria! Peter Weller needs a longer photo shoot! Etc) and subsequent consistently evolving schedule and I can imagine the brunt of what you had to deal with - THANK YOU for trying your best and trying to keep everyone happy.

Finally, thank you to all the attendees - your excitement and enthusiasm was beyond infectious. You MADE this event so special. There were X-Files fans, Smallville fans, The Dukes of Hazzard fans, Robocop fans, Cosplayers galore, Comic fans, Meatloaf fans, Doctor Who fans everywhere and so much more. Everyone I met in the queues were ace, the couple from Canada in the Tom Baker queue, the young Doctor Who teenage fan who gave Tom Baker biscuits, was overly worried about a spot ruining his photoshoots who not only was marvel to watch but helpful to all around him, seriously everyone - you're all great and this year's event was a true celebration of Film, Television and Comic fandom. I wasn't there on Sunday but followed it on social media and loved how ecstatic everyone was (especially Doctor Who fans), it's just great to see so many people happy!

THANK YOU SHOWMASTERS!!

• Like 3

Hello,

Harris from Greece here, just got back in Greece from LFCC 2018!
I would like to say a big thank you to every showmasters crew member for all the help they gave me during my time at the venue! It was my first time at Olympia, a really huge place and I was anxious about where each photo shoots were, if I make it in time, where it was the next photo shoot, etc. There were crew members that guided me to the right direction IN TIME so I did all the photo shoots I had bought. They were very friendly and really helpful even if I needed just a quick question or even 5-10 minutes of a guidance on the que  (I had some back to back photos in the same photo area but with different actors and different time). A very special BIG thanks to a certain meber crew, Mike the Greek guy who was super helpful an friendly with me. 

Also a big thanks to Showmasters for giving me the chance to meet at the same con so much actors I've wanted to meet, that was a really important thing and the reason to make me travel to London from Greece, it makes the whole trip much worth instead of let's say travel for just 1 actor.  That would be too much trouble for me for just 1 actor, you know to do all this trip. So i got 6 actors at the same con so I did the trip for this con.

Last but not list, a very special thanks to a certain member crew, MIKE the Greek guy for ALL his help and friendly attitude, it was really a huge pleasure meeting you my friend and thanks for everything you've done for me!

The only guest I lost was David Tennant (which is my 2nd favorite Doctor) due to his last time announcement, but I REALLY hope to be announced earlier for the LFCC 2019!

Once again, Showmasters crew, thanks you everyone, you are amazing!!

Best Regards,
Harris

• Like 1

First time I bought a gold pass,it had been put off by previous comments I'd seen but I went with it ,and apart from the confusion with the goody bag,and some confusion at the photo shoots I have to say my weekend was great.getting in slightly early was a great help.i will be going gold next year.my highlight meeting an musical icon in meat loaf.ive already booked my hotel for next year,can't wait.

So many thank yous are needed for this event - it was such a great weekend! I will try and do as many shout outs as I can, but for anyone I miss I just want to say that the event as a whole was brilliant and the people in red and blue are absolute troopers.

On Saturday the lady with blue hair (I think her name was Nikki) at the Miranda Richardson autograph table was just great fun, even though she'd been on her feet for ages and was waiting for her lunch she was still so lovely and was so kind.

The lady in red at the Pearl Mackie autograph queue on Saturday was also absolute lovely.

There was a guy in blue at the Arthur Darvill autograph queue on Sunday morning who was so kind.

EVERYONE at the sales desk on Saturday after David Tennant was announced. The announcement was a complete shock to them, and they handled it so well considering there was a sudden surge of people running towards them and then the system went down as everyone tried to buy tickets whilst queuing. There was a very loud and friendly guy walking along the queues telling everyone which queues were cash and which were card and kept doing this and giving updates throughout the time I was there. He was really friendly, even though there was a lot of disgruntled people there trying to get tickets. When I got to the desk the staff there were doing everything they could to process everyone as quickly as possible whilst remaining friendly. I went back later that day to get a Gold Pass for Sunday (as decided I would go for it due to the amount of photos I was now getting on Sunday) and as I had never got one before they were so friendly and helpful, answering my many questions (even double checking things with other people there) about the Gold passes (I have an old 'phone that can't use the internet, so they were my only source of information on this!). I cannot thank them enough, as I had quite a few queries and was very tired at that point, so probably wasn't the most coherent at that time (I think I asked a question twice because I was running on about four hours of sleep and it was nearing the end of the day, so everything was a bit hazy)! There was also a woman near me on the Sales desk (short hair with an awesome Firefly tattoo on her  right arm) who I saw be really professional and friendly when a very unhappy person was wanting a Tennant ticket only to be told they had just sold out. The person she was dealing with was clearly not happy but she remained friendly and was apologising as there was absolutely nothing she could do - she did a great job! I really think everyone on the Sales Desk deserves a special mention, as they really had their work cut out for them and did a brilliant job.

Red shirted Nick at the Capaldi autograph queue was as friendly as always - he kept me updated every time I went over to see what Diamond number they were on and didn't mind me keeping checking (I just had a VQ ticket so didn't get an autograph in the end, but it was great that Nick was happy to let me know what was going on every time I went over for a new update).

There was a small dark haired lady with a black choker/necklace on the Ingrid Oliver autograph desk on Saturday who was also absolutely lovely and recognised me from Friday.

I encountered so many people (some of them many times, as I would go back to check VQ numbers an hour later) so I can't mention everyone on here, but everyone I spoke with was brilliant - I really do think that everyone does an incredible job, so a big thank you to everyone who volunteers their time for this event.

• Like 1

Don't know his name but he was mainly ( at least it seemed to me ) manning photo studio A. Very clear, very calm with all of his announcements. His lines were always so well organised. I'm surprised he'd be able to talk today, I really appreciate his time and all of the volunteers frankly. Saw some hideous and disgusting behaviour from attendees to the crew... awful. Particularly one idiot who joined Eccleston's auto queue even tho he was told he couldn't.. The attendee in question was aggressive, arrogant, physically attempting to be intimidating and the crew members up there conducted themselves professionally and with aplomb. Honestly, we all wanted to knock him out. 

Bravo bravo bravo wonder crew of LFFC xx 

Edited by TheRobe

5 hours ago, stuntydwarf said:

There are two crew we'd like to say a big thank you to -

Chloe (I think her name was) who was running Meatloaf's queue on Sunday.  She was unbelievably helpful all day and really friendly.

The guy running the David Duchovny auto queue Saturday, who was also running the Christopher Eccleston photo queue Sunday.  i think his name was Kev?  He was awesome.  Helpful, polite, funny, and not afraid to tell people to get out of his queue if they were there before being called!

But there are too many crew to thank individually, so thanks guys!

Have to agree with the guy running the Duchovny queue. With a Diamond he had me in and out of there in under 2 minutes. 

Also I do have to mention one crew member - again I don't know her name... sorry! But, whenever there was an issue with autograph queuing and certain crew members appeared to be overwhelmed somewhat - and believe me I know crowd control can be intimidating - she'd pop up and whip everyone into line without being rude or short with anybody. She was awesome. 

I'd have to say it was a phenomenal weekend having been there all 3 days and it really captured the spirit of attending a convention, personally speaking I couldn't think of a better place to be during the summer thank you showmasters!

Edited by SamA96
typo error.

I'd like to add my thanks to Showmasters, and all the wonderful crew for making my first ever LFCC such a great experience. I only decided to attend on the Sunday 16 days before the event, I went a bit overboard in my excitement and bought 8 photo shoots as well as Peter Capaldi's and Meat Loaf's talks so with the addition of a last minute Diamond Pass for David Tennant I had a LOT to do in just the one day. Apart from David's Tardis shoot being a bit of a mess when we first arrived, it was soon sorted and us Diamond Pass holders were let through to get our pics. With the help of @Raylenth guiding me and helping me get my bearings ( not a mean feat for someone with no sense of direction what so ever :rolleyes:) I managed to get all my shoots, see pretty much all of both talks and have time for a little look around the stalls etc at the end. I'd also like to thank the lovely lady at the sales desk in helping me with the smooth and efficient refund of my accidental purchase of the 2 David Duchovny Diamond Passes in the manic panic of trying to purchase the DT ones as I was stressing out about this big time. In fact I was shocked to see that my refund has come through into my bank account today, even before the actual payment has  been taken :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Firstly, thank you to Showmasters! I had an amazing time! :smile:

I would also like to thank the guy who was managing Isaac Hempstead-Wright's autograph queue on the Sunday... When I arrived at the autograph area, I wasn't too sure whom to ask about a Virtual Queue Ticket. I asked one of the crew; and he told me I was in the right place, as he was the one handing them out. He gave me one, so I thanked him. He told me Isaac would be back soon, so I was welcome to wait around. Since my number wasn't far from being called. I decided to go and look for my mother and my friend. Since I hadn't seen them since we arrived. I also went to meet another guest I had planned to meet. When I arrived back to Isaac's queue, my number hadn't yet been called, but the crew member said I was welcome to join the queue now. Since my number wasn't far from being called. My mother and I were so appreciative. I asked my father to hold the autograph I just got from Ellie Kendrick. As I went to join the queue, the crew member stopped me and asked if he could look at my autograph from Ellie. He really liked it! Since I was so nervous about meeting Isaac; since Bran Stark is one of my favourite characters, he said my mother was welcome to come with me. If you're reading this, thank you so much! You were so helpful and friendly! Thank you! :smile:

Thank you to all the guests I met: Ellie Kendrick, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Sam Neill and Rose McIver... You were all wonderful! Thank you so much! :smile:

I really have to give a very clear and loud message to the man who I believe was in-charge of Photo A (area).  He was there on all three days and was very much in-charge of the James Caan line on Sunday afternoon if that helps to identify him.  So many people for that photo shoot and he was Cool. Calm. Collected. And he used his voice with authority and clear, precise instructions. He was polite and quipped to keep the crowd happy.  Excellent job.  All crew tried and did their very best and personally I had no issues at all  (apart from sore feet).

A big thank you to the crew members TIM (supervisor? big guy with beard :-D ) and Crazy (Sam Neill Queue) for letting me in the 100 queue because I lost my #118 VQ ticket minutes before starting the correct queue ... You saved most of my day! :-) It was short but really nice meeting Sam Neill and getting his autograph - what a nice guy - I was really speechless although he was my hero in my childhood - Mr Dr, Alan Grant :-) 

This was my first ever con and honestly I only came because David Duchovny was gonna be there and I've been an X Files fan since the beginning! I had a fab time and would consider attending again! 

The queue for getting in on Saturday was pretty big! I arrived on the tube about 940 (my train was a little late arriving into London) but despite the queue been pretty big it did keep moving and I got into the venue after picking up my diamond pass about 1030. I was lucky David's first photoshoot wasn't till 1155 so I didn't miss it.

I have to praise the guy running David's AM photoshoot and the guy who was running his auto queue. Both were very calm, friendly and ensured it ran smoothly. 

Big thanks to Showmasters for getting David to attend this, I never thought id get the chance to meet him so I went home very happy!! 

• Like 1

Pretty much every volunteer whether I interacted with them or not. Without them and the tolerance they have for the unwarranted abuse they sometimes take there would BE NO EVENT.

All the attendees who would help get people’s attention when I was struggling through busy crowded areas pushing my partner in her chair. 

The guy who snapped at another guy when he noticed said guy was using said wheelchair as his own personal resting post in the Meat Loaf queue.

Can I also add a massive thank you to all the fellow con-goers I spoke to - especially on Saturday. There were a couple of wobbly "why the hell did I decide to spend my birthday on my own in a massive crowd" moments and y'all helped wonderfully having a wee natter in the queue's.  

Thank you to all the crew at my first LFCC you all deserve a gold medal and a well earned break!

A special thank you to the young blonde haired lady at the entrance to David Tennant’s autograph area and the really tall guy in the red crew shirt at Peter Capaldi’s autograph area!

First time for me in a so big convention, a bit lost friday i must admit.

I come here to thank the crew too because they were very helpful when we have a doubt or any question

It's not always easy when english is not your first langage (and noise doesn't help to understand) and i've made them repeat more than once so i can't thank them enough for the help.

Some queue were brillantly organised (i think at the eccleston photoshoot for instance with a lot of people but everything well done, even with a delay)

Just wanted to add my thanks to all the staff and volunteers in dealing with what seemed like the craziest, busiest convention ever.
The following moments stood out in particular for me, but I know that there would have been a lot of other instances of the staff and volunteers professionalism in the face of what must have been the most demanding convention ever.

For instance on the Saturday afternoon I had a clash between the David Duchovny talk and my Jewel Staite photo, which meant that I was quite late getting to the photo booth. Because of this the guy in the red shirt at the entrance of it assumed I was there for the following photo session with somebody else, and put me in the queue outside. Luckily the fellow in the blue shirt was going around the crowds in the floor and making sure that there was nobody left for Jewel Staite. Thanks to him accompanying me in, I managed to catch Jewel just before she left. When I must have seemed in a very panicked state, (not helped by me trying to go round the wrong way!) But all the staff there, (and indeed Jewel herself) were so welcoming and friendly, allowing me to catch my breath and compose myself, and asking if I was ok. I was really very grateful for that.

Then on Sunday, there was the nightmare clash of the only David Tennant shoot I had clashing with the group Doctors photo. (Which would have been a real devil's choice to make!) But the staff at Photo booths D, G and the green screen (as initially i went to the wrong area,) were all very helpful and patient with me. The lady in the floral dress seemed to be doing a great job of managing her team, and going out of her way to answer any hassles that were arising, including my dilemma. That was very much appreciated. Also when I was at the photo area for the Group Doctors shoot, and was anxiously relating to the person behind me in the queue that I was worried that I'd miss David, due to the group shoot being late to start, there was a girl at the photo table with dyed red hair who assured me that she'd checked and the David Tennant session was starting later, so I wouldn't miss it. This was a great weight off my mind, and so I was so much more relaxed in the shoot which actually shows in the picture taken, which has became my favourite photo of the whole weekend.

Last, but certainly not least, i wanted to give a shout out to the lovely (and very pretty) blond girl in the green Nuffield Heath t-shirt who had to deal with the nightmare of the delayed Matt Smith Tardis shoot and the multiple hordes of impatient people giving her hassle over it. She kept her head, and was patient and understanding with everyone, and even seemed to be entertaining some of the crowd doing flexing exercises,  (I guess to encourage people to look after their health?) But it was certainly a welcome distraction that I think helped take people's minds off their own sore backs, feet etc.

So Thanks again to everybody there who all seemd to go above and beyond at every opportunity to make the weekend as stress free and as enjoyable as it ever could be, for as many people as possible. You all did an amazing job in ensuring we had a great time at the event and should be commended for the hard work, patience and kindness you showed at every opportunity!