The “Thank You” Thread

The crew were awesome as usual :) A special thanks to the girl who was organising Jewel Staite's autograph queue on Saturday afternoon - we had gone earlier on and been told by another crew member that we didn't need a VQ ticket, but this turned out to be incorrect (I think she got confused, saw my wheelchair and didn't realise extra help people still need VQ tickets now). So we were a little stressed since we didn't have a VQ, but she was amazing and managed to fit me in! 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hi All

I’m setting this thread up to keep all the “thank you’s” in one place.  We have had some fantastic feedback about the show, the crew and beyond and I’d hate for someone’s thank you post to get missed.  For those who have already made a post i’ll Be merging them into this one as both the mods and the office read them all!

Thanks

Stu

• Like 3

A big thank you to the crew who were on the whole excellent save one or two exceptions who seemed to let the power of giving out VQ’s go to their heads.

got to say though really great crewing by and large, efficient, friendly and polite with it.

I feel like I've missed people but thanks to:

The 2 guys on photo shoot A on Friday-I was there for Tom Welling's shoot which was delayed due to the Meatloaf shoot. It was efficient, we could hear what was going on and they got us through very quickly. 

The photo shoot G guys on Saturday with Iwan Rheon's shoot who all worked together as a team which made it so easy to get my photo. 

The sales staff at 3pm on Saturday onwards- Bless you for trying to help when the system couldn't cope with the Tennant demand! There were lots of emotionally charged fans and you dealt with us as best as anyone could have done. 

The lady in the red headscarf on Sunday morning whose quick thinking with the post-its prevented what could have become a small riot when there weren't VQTs at David Tennant's booth immediately available. (She and the team also handled us very well during the day with the queries too). 

The random guy in the crowd who shouted the Diamond numbers and batch numbers out for Aidan Turner's afternoon photo shoot as the volunteer team did not include a big voice fit for the Aidan Turner mass crowd- so incredibly helpful! 

The team that worked Matt Smith's auto queue in the afternoon trying to be fair and efficient whilst dealing with a lot of worried people, some that were getting quite heated (particularly thanks to the blueshirt woman in the purple leggings walking up and down the queue trying to give us all the information they had available and the blonde lady redshirt who got the situation under control and was just a legend the whole weekend (including Thursday afternoon organising the pick up queues) and Matt Smith himself who was still being lovely while trying to race through the autographs). 

Also the security guys for the whole weekend who were very helpful and lovely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just want to say a huge thankyou to showmasters and to every member of the crew we encountered on Saturday. My partner and I managed 9 photo shoots each on Saturday as well as my Dp autograph with Jason Momoa :D this was our fifth LFCC con in a row and I have no complaints whatsoever! I had a bad clash during the afternoon which was further complicated by David Bradley's shoot not starting on time, however all the crew where fantastic and helpful and I made it to each shoot. In particular the very loud Scottish guy in photo area G in the morning was great! I think everyone in the building could hear what batch he was calling :lol: and the guy running photo area D (around 4pm for jewel Staite) was so organised it was great! Overall we had an amazing time and cannot wait until next years LFCC! Although we've got destination Star Trek first! :D xx

Ohh habe to say the guy in photo area A Sat pm was fantastic.... due to it running late I had a major clash which looked like I was missing one of the photos.  My husband spoke to the person at photo a amd he was so helpful in getting me through rose mciver queue that i was able to make both shoots...although was close but without this help wouldnt have happened.  Big thanks to him.

Edited by HeartDT

Had a great 3 day weekend at LFCC the lack of sleep and giant hole in my purse was worth it. Sadly didnt get Mastt Smith or David Tennant but everyone else I went for I got without a hitch I am now sitting at my desk very tired counting down to next year :rolleyes:

I must admit, i had a more relaxed weekend this year, compared to other years. Still HATE the fact as a Gold pass i had to wait outside while everyone else waited in a Hall, a lot of Gold pass attendees got wet on Sunday waiting for the doors to open (lucky someone saw sense and opened them early).

Yes some guests were busy,  BUT something has also got to be done about the DEALERS with their 10 -20 + stuff  to get signed. If the want more than 5 things to get done, let them go to the back and que again. 

Apart from my 2 moans I have a great time THANK YOU Showmasters

Yes, a big big thank you to all the crew behind and on site for the whole weekend and for all the hard and I can imagine a sometimes tricky planning ahead and during the weekend. And also a big big thank you to all who helped out here on the forum with all the questions & suggestions. All experience is needed to make us all have a fantastic time.

Just want to give commendation to the lady crew member wearing the light blue/white floral dress.

She stepped in to get the David Tennant Diamond Pass collection and Tardis photoshoot under way in a more organised manner.

Also the security guy, and the nearby fans, who allowed me to rejoin my friend in the main morning queue on Sunday after I collected my David Tennant Diamond Pass.

Edited by Sebster118

I mentioned this someplace else (probably an unrelated thread) but huge thanks to the people at the cosplay workshop.  I saw them helping lots of people.  They also had scissors (which we were not allowed to bring into the venue.)  AND the nice lady there helped sew me into my costume when I snapped a string.  They were just splendid.

• Like 2

It's been said so many times on many platforms, and I know he's seen some of the comments already, but Ben (who managed Photo Area A on Friday) was just a joy. He was communicative, fair, well organised and handled the late running Meat Loaf queue really well. 

I also thought the Red shirt running the Christopher Eccleston queue, and the blue shirt running the Matt Smith queue in the morning were also really good, and kept two busy guests rather organised.

Finally a special shoutout to all the crew managing Arthur Darvill (at least the ones around at 2pm). He gave them a bit of a fright when he said 'he was done' and they thought he had  stopped signing for the day. In the wrong hands, conveying that information to the fans, could have been a disaster. But the guys were clear, communicative, empathetic and they made sure to keep us around whilst they confirmed what was going on. Turns out he was only going to toilet! We all had a good laugh about it, and we all said the blue shirt at the front (black long curly hair) handled things very well

Edited by tenaciouspirit
  • Like 1

A big Thank You to everyone who attended ,  without you many of us would not have had such fun interacting with you while you was in our ques . You was amazing ,looked stunning and was always polite . I had the most fun 3 day in a long time so Thank You again .. Hope to see you all again next year lol

• Like 2

Thank you to the lady on the info desk on the first floor who gave me clear and concise instructions on where to find Paul McGann on Sunday morning.  The staff who were running Paul McGann's queue were brilliant especially the lady on the sales desk as we had a great chat about John Barrowman.

Also to the lady who was running David Duchovny's photo shoot first thing on Sunday morning, she made sure that everyone could hear who could line up for the photo. I hope that you haven't lost your voice today..

• Like 1

He's been mentioned a few times but the guy with brown hair and ponytail running Photo C for the Ecclestone PM shoot was brilliant. Very cheerful under stressful circumstances, keeping everyone in good spirits and telling stories whilst we waited for our go. In fact I found all of the staff over the weekend to be very helpful and effective. My first con and it was very busy at times, but the staff always seemed to be calm and informative. Well done to all!

• Like 1

This was my first ever showmasters event and after this it definitely won’t be my last, conseriding at the start there were many guests that I was looking forward too, a lot of the smaller guests like Staz Nair were absolutely amazing! The crew were amazing, especially the one with the ponytail who had their birthday yesterday near photo C.

I’ll definitely be coming again next year and buying tickets whenever they go on sale!, I do hope next year is less doctor who related but all in all amazing con and I can’t wait till the next one! 

Can't thank staff enough for yesterday, this was my first LFCC event and after many years of wanting to do it, I finally decided to this year and my what an event it was.

I had so many worries over the event as I knew problems from previous years and was worried they'd repeat itself as well as more problems occurring with both mine and my Mum's disabilities.
Was I wrong about all my worries?
Was the whole day amazing from start to finish with no hiccups and problems?
Yes.

I forgot my documents for my extra help wristband and was in a complete turmoil over it, stressed to the max that I wouldn't be able to get the wristband and would be heavily struggling all day if so. The woman at the EH desk told me to breathe and relax and assured me it's fine and I'm not the only one who has been in this situation and then asked if I had any type of disability card on me that validates that I do have the issues I'm explaining,  thankfully I did have my disabled bus pass on me which she said was fine and gave me the wristband as well as information on where to get assistance if required for both me and my Mum.
Can not thank her enough for sorting out this hiccup from myself and assuring me everything would be fine as well.

The next person I'd like to thank would be the woman in red at the help desk around lunchtime (I'm bad with names, sorry!)
I asked if there was anywhere that I could sit as I was in a lot of pain due to standing and walking for long amounts of time and she said she wasn't sure where the best place would be but instead offered one of the seats at the desk to sit at the opposite end of the table for 5 minutes to catch myself all again. 
It was a little thing from her end but when you're in a lot of pain it's the little things that matter the most to you and it helped me so much as did the other times I sat down for 5/10 minutes (extra special thanks to the woman at the plastic cover stall across from the guests signings who let me grab her chair as well to sit down at one point during the day)

The only negative thing I'd say would be the lack of seats around the arena, it might be best maybe having a specific section for people needing to sit and have a breather or at least seats all around the arena as we did spend a painfully long time looking for somewhere to sit down during the day. However, I'm pretty sure this is more of an issue based on the arena and not Showmasters themselves which makes a lot of sense.

Amazing day and already planning on coming back next year, thank you everyone :) 

There are two crew we'd like to say a big thank you to -

Chloe (I think her name was) who was running Meatloaf's queue on Sunday.  She was unbelievably helpful all day and really friendly.

The guy running the David Duchovny auto queue Saturday, who was also running the Christopher Eccleston photo queue Sunday.  i think his name was Kev?  He was awesome.  Helpful, polite, funny, and not afraid to tell people to get out of his queue if they were there before being called!

But there are too many crew to thank individually, so thanks guys!

4 hours ago, AccioChocolate said:

I feel like I've missed people but thanks to:

The 2 guys on photo shoot A on Friday-I was there for Tom Welling's shoot which was delayed due to the Meatloaf shoot. It was efficient, we could hear what was going on and they got us through very quickly. 

The photo shoot G guys on Saturday with Iwan Rheon's shoot who all worked together as a team which made it so easy to get my photo. 

The sales staff at 3pm on Saturday onwards- Bless you for trying to help when the system couldn't cope with the Tennant demand! There were lots of emotionally charged fans and you dealt with us as best as anyone could have done. 

The lady in the red headscarf on Sunday morning whose quick thinking with the post-its prevented what could have become a small riot when there weren't VQTs at David Tennant's booth immediately available. (She and the team also handled us very well during the day with the queries too). 

The random guy in the crowd who shouted the Diamond numbers and batch numbers out for Aidan Turner's afternoon photo shoot as the volunteer team did not include a big voice fit for the Aidan Turner mass crowd- so incredibly helpful! 

The team that worked Matt Smith's auto queue in the afternoon trying to be fair and efficient whilst dealing with a lot of worried people, some that were getting quite heated (particularly thanks to the blueshirt woman in the purple leggings walking up and down the queue trying to give us all the information they had available and the blonde lady redshirt who got the situation under control and was just a legend the whole weekend (including Thursday afternoon organising the pick up queues) and Matt Smith himself who was still being lovely while trying to race through the autographs). 

Also the security guys for the whole weekend who were very helpful and lovely. 

I think the random guy you’re referring to was myself, I was actually crewing the event but was plain clothed so I could go about the venue to do jobs that needed doing without getting stopped,  thanks for the kind words all the same, grey Star Wars tshirt, denim shorts

• Like 1

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all the staff for being great, and a super special shout out to the very loud Scottish chap wrangling the Peter Capaldi queue on Sunday afternoon who managed to bring order to a chaotic and stressful situation. He did a wonderful job of putting people at ease and making sure everyone got sorted. 

Another super special shout out to the nice lady who air-dropped me to Matt Smith when she realised I had his diamond pass too while I was waiting in Peter's queue. Such a thoughtful act to ensure I got all my stuff done and huge apologies to anyone who thought we were pushing in ahead of them. 

Folks like that taking the trouble to make sure attendees have the best time possible really make a huge difference. 

Also a huge thanks to the various ladies who were struggling to find my Tom Baker pass on Friday morning. It was miss filed and at one point there were about 4 of them looking for it. Mistakes are bound to happen at an event as huge and complex as LFCC, but it was great to see everyone on the staff working so hard to get things sorted. 

Yes, there were problems and frustrations at the event, but all in all I thought it was handled really well. 

Finally, I'd like to thank all the attendees I spoke to ever the weekend. Everyone was so lovely, patient and enthusiastic. Simply being there was a complete delight because of the wonderful people I was surrounded by. 

My first visit to Kensington Olympia and LFCC :) Was not surprised over the amount of people (lot of fans) although I wasn't ready for all those floors. Thank you so much for the patience and for the experience, especially to Ben at the Tom Welling photobooth and all the people at the autograph area for Costas, John Schneider and Tom Welling. Hope to attend next year. Thank you so so much <3