The “Thank You” Thread

Photo A on Friday was being run by Ben, and bloomin' marvelous he was at it too!  His handling of the (nuts) Meatloaf AM shoot was brilliant, down to making sure those of us who were Batch 1 who stood waiting in the queue for most of the session got through the PM session as a priority. It was very much appreciated.

I didn't catch the name of the Pit Boss I spoke to in the morning yesterday, but he took my concerns about some of the queue lengths seriously and it was definitely better later in the day when I passed through (open queues round by the cafe were almost to the wall - there was a very small gap for people to pass)

• Like 1

I had nine photoshoots on Sunday, whilst some clashed, I had no problem.  Had a chance to sit and rest too.  So turned out to be a very relaxing event.  With the line-up this year and ease for me today, arguably one of the best LFCC for me (been going since 2010).

This is a thank you post, but if anyone does have any other comments remember to phrase them in a constructive manner and don't be mean, remember to be polite and that crew are volunteers, they work under very trying circumstances and many have no customer/retail experience so aren't used to dealing with people in this manner

I did 3 days at LFCC again this year and not once did I see any negatives about the crew, everyone I interacted with were polite and friendly, and remained that way even when having to deal with a lot of people who don't understand how events like this work and ask question after question that I would consider silly.

Shout out the crew who rushed over to sort out Tennant's tardis shoot today and got everything working properly (no fault of the crew who were there) and back on track.  You allowed my to get an awesome photo with David that will quickly become one of my favourites.

Thank you to the crew running the sales desk in general and the Manager (My apologies, my brain is fried and I can't remember your name) for coping with grace when a mass of people descended upon them after Tennant's announcement, from what I saw whilst I was there trying to sort out our ticket oopsie you all kept calm despite you all having the same problems we were accessing the tickets, and thank you to the Sales Desk manager in particular for helping @evilfairieand myself sort our Duchovney ticket issue and refunding them with speed and without issue, you helped us go from an enjoyable but stressful day worrying we had massively overspent to being able to forget about it and marvel in the awe of meeting Tennant and Smith in particular.

To all the crew who worked LFCC this weekend, from the ones I know, to the ones I see there all the time and everyone else, thank you.  These events can't happen without you and you all worked your socks off this weekend.  It really is a hard job to do, things go wrong because nothing in life is perfect and a machine as big as LFCC is always going to have issues here and there but you all work to sort it out, to help people with issues, and you put up with some s***ty attitudes whilst you do it.

Thank you to the mods, especially those who have been on here when they shouldn't, as they should have been resting and recovering ;);)

Thank you again to you all for giving us an awesome weekend.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

I gather there was some real unpleasantness at the end of the day, and I just wanted to remind everyone that without the volunteers about whom you all complain, you simply wouldn't have these events in the first place: if all those hardworking crew members had to be paid, the costs would be MASSIVE, and big conventions like this just wouldn't be possible. Everyone deserves respect, and no-one is entitled to anything they haven't paid for, and kicking off and making things nasty just sours everyone's weekend. I'd just be grateful for the opportunities on offer, and for the time and energy that the volunteers put into making it such a great event. 

• Like 4

Indeed thanks from me too. Sah who was Pit Bossing Photo E all day and the queue organiser/pusher in Photo C (was it Ky or Kyle maybe) were awesome and so professional, polite, kind and genuinely interested. Thank you.

Shout out particularly to the guy at Photo F having to deal with all the Aidan Turner fans :P  (and to the impromptu volunteer "Grim Reaper" who helped out by holding up bits of paper with the batch numbers on when the shouts of the crew just weren't being heard)

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Abigail94 said:

To the guy in photo area C after the tom welling delay in the afternoon. He was great shouting for the batches and dealing with some pushy people.

Whatever your name was , thank you!! 

Yeah, we were there for the duo shoot, full credit to him! He mentioned how one guy threatened to kick his head in cos he was told he couldn't stand at the side and photograph inside the photo area so again, full credit to the voluntary crew for having to deal with that kind of behaviour!

I said it in another post but I'll add it here too - Ben who was running Photo A on Friday was amazing with the delayed/slow running AM shoot for Meatloaf and looking after those of us who he had to send away (Batch 1) because we were never going to make it in. I know my mum was stressed out that she wouldn't get her picture in the PM shoot (and couldn't return during the weekend - still haunted by the last minute Friday cancellation of Chris Judge last year I think) and his wonderful-ness and help for his "special 20" was super-human.  I promised her I would come in here and sing his praises on her behalf.

All of the crew I spoke to during the show were friendly and helpful and wonderful also, though I didn't catch any other names. I think (hope) we all appreciate that there wouldn't be a show for us to come to and spend our hard earned cash at without the fantastic volunteers.  So a massive THANK YOU to the blue and red shirted masses (and those behind the scenes we don't get to see).

• Like 1

I can't comment on Friday opening as I rocked up at 10:30-ish, but I got in quickly, all my DPs were waiting for me, very nice.  Saturday was the testing one, and OK, I was closer to the start of the queue than previous years thanks to the SWR strike forcing me to get there earlier than usual, but they let us in at least 15 mins early.  I got in there and there was not a Standard to be seen!  It was brilliant.  Got my VQTs with no stress whatsoever, strolled out to the gallery where the entrances are and saw Standards pouring in at 9:55, thought, "Oh, no, they've done it again, thank goodness I got there early," then saw that there was no-one coming in from the Gold side.  So that went perfectly.  Well done!

Other shout-outs:

Phil was doing his usual class act in photo area A on Sat and the guy doing B was EXTREMELY organized in his calling of the batches while I was there (even the Diamonds were called in order).  On Sunday I have to give kudos to the dude handling area C - Matt and Christopher's Diamond queues alone were monstrous (I couldn't even queue for the latter at first - I had to join a pre-queue queue!) and he was so incredibly cheerful in that one.

One of the crew who knows me (I want to say Christa) kindly let me queue for Peter Capaldi without snipping my Diamond Pass until the absolute last minute, as I had a photoshoot coming up and wasn't sure whether I'd get through the queue in time (thanks also to the lovely couple who let me go in front of them - I ended up going from there to the aforementioned shoot in C, only to find that it was delayed, and I had two simultaneous shoots in F and G coming right up, so had to power-hobble to the opposite hall, do those and then got back to C just in time for the original shoot!  Couldn't have done it without them).

I can't remember which photoshoot areas were best at this (it got a bit of a blur at times), but I made a point of thanking at least one of the areas for their swift handling of the bags as mine was ready and waiting for me in the expected place - not easy when there are loads being dumped there.

Well done to whoever sorted the layout this year so that this time there wasn't a row of guests facing the ones at the end of the main signing area (as happened last year, causing horrendous interlocking queues).  It was still very hot in there (particularly on Friday - dear lord, free sauna!), but movement was definitely easier.

I think I did a record amount of chattage with both fellow attendees and crew members while waiting for my turn with guests at the auto tables this year.  Very convivial.

If I've missed anyone out, my apologies, but pretty much everyone with whom I interacted was a pleasure as always.

This was the first time I did all three days (a late decision thanks to Nathalie Emmanuel's announcement) and I thoroughly recommend it - getting my DPs sorted on Friday (plus several autos) took a lot of stress out of Saturday and Sunday.  Quite possibly my most relaxed LFCC, despite its size and the amazing calibre of guests this year.  Speaking of which - nicely done, SM!  I always buy my ticket before any guests are announced because I know there'll be people I want to see, and this was a corker.  Rory McCann!  David Duchovny!  Iwan Rheon!  Matt Smith!  Peter Capaldi!  CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTON!  (And quite a few other lovely people.)  Fantastic event.

Crew made it very easy today. Big thanks to all of the photo staff who kept it running smoothly, especially when there were clashes, and those who were working at supersonic speed to actually hand out the photo prints!

Also thank you to those on the Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi queues at the end of the day. Some very difficult situations arose because of a number of delays, but they kept calm and managed to get all the diamonds seen and moved across quickly to get it all sorted. A lot of calmness in very heated circumstances made it really straightforward, and without them it probably wouldn't have been possible! Turned a situation round from a potential disappointment to something we'll remember with fondness for a very very long time.

• Like 4

I'm not sure who was organising the Capaldi autograph queue at the end of Sunday with all the problems with diamonds getting through . He was a red shirt, tall with beard. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING though. He was so helpful to me I really want to shout out my appreciation. Also for the lady in blue shirt at Matt Smith's queue doing her last show. Brilliant. In fact, in terms of all crew I can't fault. Thank you.

• Like 2

Full marks to the man running Photo Booth G.  He was loud and efficient and got everyone informed and through.  

As for the people running the Green Screen Booth, they were not loud and did not keep us informed.  Nobody knew what was going on, because when one of the ladies there said something, it wasn't with enough volume for the crowd to hear.  (This also prevented her from keeping us away from the queueing area, resulting in something of a mob.)  I really wanted someone to give that woman a megaphone.  THAT SAID, I got all my photo shoots (and the woman inside that area, queueing people right before the guest, was guite good, and I complimented her on it).  If anyone didn't get their photos because of the confusion, I leave it to them to complain.  I was stressed, but I got everything I wanted in the end, so I'm pretty darned happy with the day.

I want to say a special thanks to the crew, especially the 2 blond ladies - whose names escape me but they know who they are - who organised and helped a few of us Diamond Pass holders out that had already queued for our autographs with Jason Momoa first thing on Saturday morning, had had our passes clipped & paid for extra autographs, when they found out he wasn’t coming but was going straight to his photo shoot. They quickly sorted out a system for when we returned back to his autograph area a few hours later so they knew who we were and got us to the front of the queue again. A big thanks for your help and all in all had a great day on Saturday and Friday afternoon too. 

• Like 1

I don't know if he'll ever receive this feedback but I would like to thank Nick the red shirt crew member (tall Welshman I think!) who helped me and others with a tricky situation in the Peter Capaldi queue this afternoon - a situation I think he stumbled on by accident, it wasn't part of his work detail.  Some of us Peter DP holders had already been processed and had paid for additional items around 2pm when told that contrary to expectations, Peter would not be returning until around 4pm.  This led to clashes for some of us (such as a Jason Momoa shoot, David Duchovny shoot, a later Sam Neill talk etc) but Nick's advice about which area to go to first etc was calm and correct and he helped us all out expertly and with great patience, when I was certainly a bit concerned that I would have to miss out on something I'd paid for. 

Thank you Nick.  And also in my case thank you to those crewing the Momoa shoot for their understanding as well.

I do hope that Peter Capaldi stayed on and finished all those Diamond Passes - he's certainly a diamond geezer!

• Like 2

The crew were all excellent this year.  Special mention to the crew in Photo G today and yesterday, who had everything so well organised, and also the  gent responsible for the queue at  C for the Ecclestone photo shoot this afternoon, who did a great job in a trying situation

• Like 1

Huge praise to the crew at Photo Area G this morning, keeping on top of everything after the delay. 

Kiel did an amazing job of wrangling everyone in Photo Area C (I know many appreciated him mentioning that receiving feedback/info from attendees was super helpful). 

Rybeth (I tried so hard to discreetly read her name, so I hope I got it right) was really sweet to everyone during the Peter Capaldi madness. It was clear what was going on, but she was crazy polite and friendly. I can’t imagine it was an easy situation for crew, so it was lovely to see her positivity. 

• Like 1

I can't say enough how many beautiful moments from guests who defined my childhood. Meeting the Smallville gang, having a laugh in their duo photo, that photo turned out beautifully. My meetings with Tom Welling. Chuck, another top childhood show, Zachary Levi remembering my name at the late photo today which made me cry.

Yesterday is something I'll remember, I was sat in Tom Wellings talk was on, the tannoy came on with a beautifully done announcement for me which changed The whole weekend having not planning to come on the sunday at all, managed to get a David Photo op which was a phenomenal moment. I had the best photo ops I've ever had at this event of all due to the happiness my face expressed due to the amazing interactions with all the phenomenal guests. Thank you showmasters!!! See you next year!!!

• Like 1

Yes much appreciation to the crew....these events  cant go ahead without you.   There all 3 days myself and we had a great time.and no major issues.  One of our photo ops was moved to a different area and the crew in area A where it was meant to be made sure everone knew it had.moved area to D due to overrun in A.. so.all went smoothly. All good.

Edited by HeartDT