Matt Smith TARDIS shoot an HOUR late

14 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

I had one VIP thing at a US con. It worked, but I was SO stressed trying to fit everything in. Not sure i'd want to put myself through it again. But, like you said, they do work. 

It does seem a bit wierd that there were so many diamonds doing a PM shoot, who still hadn't got their autos either. Maybe I'm missing something? Or I guess people just had really full schedules? Genuinely curious here, not trying to be passive aggressive.

I had some diamonds that I did the PM shoot for and it was due to scheduling. I had a lot of shoots (I think it ended up 8 on Sunday) and many overlapped. 

23 minutes ago, defender05 said:

Maybe those diamonds wanted to get there photo's signed?

12 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

I had some diamonds that I did the PM shoot for and it was due to scheduling. I had a lot of shoots (I think it ended up 8 on Sunday) and many overlapped. 

These make sense :) I must admit i'm not one for getting my photos signed.

I also tend to try and manage all of my clashes at once, sometimes running between 5 photo areas. But that can't be easy (or even do-able) for those people with extra help, or who suffer from anxiety etc.

It does still seem like there was a disproportionately high number of people still waiting though. I heard 100 + DPs were still waiting to be seen from 5pm. I just hope everyone got through in one piece! 

Edited by tenaciouspirit

I missed my bus,as couldn't get to Victoria in time,I was so pleased though with the photo and I was so pleased that I booked to buses just in case I'd much missed the bus,I had to wait 4 hours in Victoria but it was worth it.

• Like 1

I have one other (stunningly minor) piece of feedback about the TARDIS shoot(s), which is that the TARDIS itself needs a bit of repair.  Particularly near the top, it could use a coat of paint, as there is a lot of wood peeping through scratches and chips.  It really shows up in the photos where the photographer included the top of the TARDIS.

3 hours ago, KarenRoss said:

That waa it in my case with Capaldi; I got my photo with him Saturday evening so in order to get it signed I had to get my autograph on Sunday. I was a Saturday DP holder.

No you were not. ;) Sorry, but this "day specific Diamond pass" thing is not correct.

Unless it's a one day guest there are no day specific Diamond Passes. You select your photo days and all other activities are spread out over the weekend. If you have  a Friday photo it is perfectly acceptable to get your autograph Sunday.

Sorry but I WAS a Saturday DP pass holder as it does say "Saturday" on my Capaldi pass. I am fully aware it is day specific only for the photoshoot depending on what day I selected, I know I could get the autograph whenever and that's why I went Sunday, but I was technically a Saturday DP holder going by the photo and that's what I obviously meant in my post as I was replying to the person wondering why anybody would get their autograph on a different day than their photo. If I there wasn't "insert-day-name" pass holders the passes wouldn't have a day name on them.

21 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I'm really sorry you didn't get your Eccleston stuff but at the same time if you need to leave before the show closes it's a risk you chose to accept.  Things do often over run unfortunately because there are so many variables, guest being late one good example.  It sucks, but that's why people say 'you should be OK, but if you need to leave early they may not be able to help you'

We did NOT leave early, the photo shoot was due to be 5:00-6:00 and as Batch 2 I thought we would be through by 6:00!!!!

19 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

No you were not. ;) Sorry, but this "day specific Diamond pass" thing is not correct.

Unless it's a one day guest there are no day specific Diamond Passes. You select your photo days and all other activities are spread out over the weekend. If you have  a Friday photo it is perfectly acceptable to get your autograph Sunday.

Yeah i confess I got confused by that. Because that is how it works at the US cons. I do think that it would be best if people were strongly encouraged to get their autograph on the day they're opted for their shoot. So many people I spoke to who had diamond passes were all planning on getting their autographs on Sunday once they'd sorted everything else. Which is their choice of course but it causes chaos. I heard a few blue shirts slightly exasperatingly wondering why some of the diamonds who were now stressing about trains etc hadn't got their autos earlier. Surely it would help staff to know roughly how many diamonds will be coming for autographs on each day

11 hours ago, KarenRoss said:

Sorry but I WAS a Saturday DP pass holder as it does say "Saturday" on my Capaldi pass. I am fully aware it is day specific only for the photoshoot depending on what day I selected, I know I could get the autograph whenever and that's why I went Sunday, but I was technically a Saturday DP holder going by the photo and that's what I obviously meant in my post as I was replying to the person wondering why anybody would get their autograph on a different day than their photo. If I there wasn't "insert-day-name" pass holders the passes wouldn't have a day name on them.

This 'technically' bit has created an insane amount of confusion and I would appreciate if everyone would stop using that bit.

Diamond Pass activities are spread out all over the weekend. Just because you have a Saturday photo - which is the only reason why your pass said Saturday - this does not make your pass day specific.

I'm sorry if I react a bit iffy to this. There was an insane amount of upset people who did not understand that it was totally within the TOS that they got their autograph of Peter Sunday although they had selected Saturday as a photo. After the FAQ and the blurb in the store do not seem to help - not to mention the countless explanations posted here - the only thing that seems left is pisting a correction every time this 'day specific' comes up.

This question came up lots over the weekend - with some crew saying it was day specific and some telling me that because I wasn't able to get it on Saturday then I was too late. Finally got clarification on Sunday from a  pit boss. Perhaps it should have been explained better to staff?