Matt Smith TARDIS shoot an HOUR late

I totally get your frustration given it’s your money you've spent.

But have a go at trying to organise one of these events and you quickly realise that unfortunately things like this do happen. I'm sure they're doing everything they can to get through as many as they can. If they don't get to you, you will get a refund.

3 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

I totally get your frustration given it’s your money you've spent.

But have a go at trying to organise one of these events and you quickly realise that unfortunately things like this do happen. I'm sure they're doing everything they can to get through as many as they can. If they don't get to you, you will get a refund.

Is that guaranteed because the autograph desk said it’s not

Just now, danthomas17 said:

Is that guaranteed because the autograph desk said it’s not

It's a guarantee they're doing everything they can to get through as many as they can. It's not a guarantee they will manage it, time is finite, and masters of space and time they are not (sadly).

I'm sorry, but the crew at the venue is the only group who can answer - and they may not even have an answer yet because everything is done to avoid this situation.

I'm not sure what you mean with 'autograph desk.' The Organisers Booth would be the best place to go for info.

14 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I'm sorry, but the crew at the venue is the only group who can answer - and they may not even have an answer yet because everything is done to avoid this situation.

I'm not sure what you mean with 'autograph desk.' The Organisers Booth would be the best place to go for info.

The autograph queue have said there’s no guarantee with the pass he will stay past 6 (understandable) but I’ve had to leave the line twice to go with other clashes

The photo green screen area crew didn’t even say he was late, just kept everybody waiting for over an hour 

It was a bit crazy.  And yes, they may have overbooked.  Or not.  I think many of he actors want to give the fan their moment to chat, etc which makes it a bit hard to predict timing.  

That being said, I think the crew adapted well to the situations presented.  

I also overheard many people get pushy with crew and sometimes just rude or act like the entire con revolves around them.  While I was able to thank several crew in person I think many of us should take the time to thank them here.  Yes. I observed so many of them be patient and repeat the same thing over and over.  Some were more patient than others.  However, overall they were top shelf!  So, thanks to he crew for their assistance in making an event happen that was a great experience for me and my son.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, TankerT said:

It was a bit crazy.  And yes, they may have overbooked.  Or not.  I think many of he actors want to give the fan their moment to chat, etc which makes it a bit hard to predict timing.  

That being said, I think the crew adapted well to the situations presented.  

I also overheard many people get pushy with crew and sometimes just rude or act like the entire con revolves around them.  While I was able to thank several crew in person I think many of us should take the time to thank them here.  Yes. I observed so many of them be patient and repeat the same thing over and over.  Some were more patient than others.  However, overall they were top shelf!  So, thanks to he crew for their assistance in making an event happen that was a great experience for me and my son.

I did give a bit of attitude to a crew member at the eccleston AM shoot

i walked up with my diamond pass to show him and he said the line was closed at the moment, and then let three others next to me in straight after saying it was full

i said hey you said it’s closed but you just let three people in....

he said they are dimonds

to which I showed him my pass again and he said fine join the queue

Matt Smith being massively late to his Tardis shoot meant that we had to leave to catch our train and missed Christopher Eccleston (which was the main reason we came!). The crew at the Green Screen felt everything was fine because we would all get our photos...if we were free to stay (which we weren’t). It ruined the weekend for me - it was the only time Christopher has done this type of event and we feel we have lost our only chance to have a photo with him. I planned the day VERY carefully and allowed an hour to get to Paddington after the end of the shoot. So I have lost this special opportunity AND the Tardis shoot cost. Gutted. Will not be doing another Showmasters event. 

10 hours ago, irdamajere said:

I didn't get my diamond autograph from Paul Wesley because the Daniel Gillies photoshoot started really late. After that I had three back to back photoshoots and never made it to the autograph area before the con was over.

Paul did attend the event for two days, so it shouldn't have been a problem getting his auto.

5 minutes ago, jacquiconnell said:

Matt Smith being massively late to his Tardis shoot meant that we had to leave to catch our train and missed Christopher Eccleston (which was the main reason we came!). The crew at the Green Screen felt everything was fine because we would all get our photos...if we were free to stay (which we weren’t). It ruined the weekend for me - it was the only time Christopher has done this type of event and we feel we have lost our only chance to have a photo with him. I planned the day VERY carefully and allowed an hour to get to Paddington after the end of the shoot. So I have lost this special opportunity AND the Tardis shoot cost. Gutted. Will not be doing another Showmasters event. 

I sympathise with your situation, why was Matt Smith so late for the shoot though?

I had major problems getting Capaldi's autograph, took till 6.30pm on the Sunday. Tried several times during Saturday when he was a lot quieter and had a less busy day with photos and talks but was flatly refused by line staff as my DP number was too high (other DPs tried on Saturday too to be turned away) . Then look at the shambles of Sunday. Could have been avoided.

Edited by Stassy

1 minute ago, Stassy said:

I had major problems getting Capaldi's autograph, took till 6.30pm on the Sunday. Tried several times during Saturday when he was a lot quieter and had a less busy day with photos and talks but was flatly refused by line staff as my DP was too high. Then look at the shambles of Sunday. Could have been avoided.

Ouch! Glad you got your auto though!

And thank you for introducing yourself yesterday, stassy, it was great to meet you!

8 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Ouch! Glad you got your auto though!

And thank you for introducing yourself yesterday, stassy, it was great to meet you!

It was so nice meeting you yesterday too. I actually walked past you last year but didn't say anything and I said to myself if I ever saw you again, I would. So I'm glad I bumped into you! 

I hope you got everything you wanted, although I know you were after Capaldi's autograph. 

25 minutes ago, Diabolik said:

I sympathise with your situation, why was Matt Smith so late for the shoot though?

26 minutes ago, Diabolik said:

His PM shoot was late because of a late shoot before 

The peter Capaldi talk was also late because the free GOT talk started late that morning....maybe this had a knock on effect cause peter was part of photo shoots, and group shots before Matt smiths slot?

24 minutes ago, Diabolik said:

why was Matt Smith so late for the shoot though?

My understanding is that he was late for the TARDIS shoot because his prior (non-TARDIS) shoot ran over.  I do not know if that was because he was late for it or because they had to cram too many people into the time allotted.  

I wonder if the auto situation could be solved by day specific diamond passes i.e if you opt for a Saturday pass you get your shoot and your autograph on the Saturday. Would allow Showmasters to know precisely how many diamond autos there are each day. It’s how the US events do their guest specific passes.Saves people being constantly turned away 

4 minutes ago, Persephone1 said:

I wonder if the auto situation could be solved by day specific diamond passes i.e if you opt for a Saturday pass you get your shoot and your autograph on the Saturday. Would allow Showmasters to know precisely how many diamond autos there are each day. It’s how the US events do their guest specific passes.Saves people being constantly turned away 

That would work.

1 hour ago, Persephone1 said:

I like the idea in principle, but I would be a bit worried about it in practice. You'd have to make sure all the diamonds got their guarenteed autograph on the day, which, as we saw yesterday, can be a hassle if things go wrong (ie with the TARDIS photo shoot). The obvious answer would be to limit the number of passes, but I can see this being hard to get right. Imagine of you just said something like '150 passes per day per guest'. Some slow guests like Chris Lloyd or Meat Loaf might only see 100 people each day, and then you have 50 angry Diamond pass holders complaining that they haven't been treated well. I'd imagine they have to sell a certain amount to make money on the guest too. 

I like the current system, because my DPs give me a lot of freedom throughout the weekend. When I know I have to get a guest on a certain day, I end up sat in a queue 1 hour before the guest arrives, just so I can get it done. Personally, it creates a lot me stress for me.

TLDR: With careful management, something could be done, but I imagine it would be difficult. I also reckon we'd see a LOT of teething pains over the first couple of years that things were implemented.

Edited by tenaciouspirit

2 hours ago, jacquiconnell said:

I'm really sorry you didn't get your Eccleston stuff but at the same time if you need to leave before the show closes it's a risk you chose to accept.  Things do often over run unfortunately because there are so many variables, guest being late one good example.  It sucks, but that's why people say 'you should be OK, but if you need to leave early they may not be able to help you'

54 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

I like the idea in principle, but I would be a bit worried about it in practice. You'd have to make sure all the diamonds got their guarenteed autograph on the day, which, as we saw yesterday, can be a hassle if things go wrong (ie with the TARDIS photo shoot). The obvious answer would be to limit the number of passes, but I can see this being hard to get right. Imagine of you just said something like '150 passes per day per guest'. Some slow guests like Chris Lloyd or Meat Loaf might only see 100 people each day, and then you have 50 angry Diamond pass holders complaining that they haven't been treated well. I'd imagine they have to sell a certain amount to make money on the guest too. 

I like the current system, because my DPs give me a lot of freedom throughout the weekend. When I know I have to get a guest on a certain day, I end up sat in a queue 1 hour before the guest arrives, just so I can get it done. Personally, it creates a lot me stress for me.

TLDR: With careful management, something could be done, but I imagine it would be difficult. I also reckon we'd see a LOT of teething pains over the first couple of years that things were implemented.

It works really well at the US shows (which actually usually have the guests doing more photoshoots) but they must have the art of working out how many they can sell down to a tee. I do find a lot of people leave getting their diamond autos to the Sunday regardlsss of badge number & no question that can cause issues 

9 minutes ago, Persephone1 said:

It works really well at the US shows (which actually usually have the guests doing more photoshoots) but they must have the art of working out how many they can sell down to a tee. I do find a lot of people leave getting their diamond autos to the Sunday regardlsss of badge number & no question that can cause issues 

I had one VIP thing at a US con. It worked, but I was SO stressed trying to fit everything in. Not sure i'd want to put myself through it again. But, like you said, they do work. 

It does seem a bit wierd that there were so many diamonds doing a PM shoot, who still hadn't got their autos either. Maybe I'm missing something? Or I guess people just had really full schedules? Genuinely curious here, not trying to be passive aggressive.

Edited by tenaciouspirit

3 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

I had one VIP thing at a US con. It worked, but I was SO stressed trying to fit everything in. Not sure i'd want to put myself through it again. But, like you said, they do work. 

It does seem a bit wierd that there were so many diamonds doing a PM shoot, who still hadn't got their autos either. Maybe I'm missing something? Or I guess people just had really full schedules? Genuinely curious here, not trying to be passive aggressive.

Maybe those diamonds wanted to get there photo's signed?