DOCTOR WHO DIAMOND AUTOGRAPHS

its looking more and more likely that I among many other people are not going to get the guaranteed autographs with diamond pass. I've been in queues all day and then having to leave to get photo shoots done. what will happen in this instance? the diamond passes appear to have been massively oversold and there just isn't time to get through them all.

I understand queen. I've spoken to red shirts. basically I'm having to make a choice between my Smith or Capaldi autograph but with no guarantee for either one. what have Showmasters done.....

13 minutes ago, chewer said:

I understand queen. I've spoken to red shirts. basically I'm having to make a choice between my Smith or Capaldi autograph but with no guarantee for either one. what have Showmasters done.....

As I just said elsewhere, I totally get your frustration given it’s your money you've spent. Have a go at trying to organise one of these events and you quickly realise that unfortunately things like this do happen. I'm sure they're doing everything they can to get through as many as they can. If they don't get to you, you will get a refund.

in all fairness I think showmasters pulled this off. Jason was on the floor, organisation seemed to happen and Capaldi stayed on to honour the diamonds. but it was a VERY close call. Maybe not oversell on tickets plus throw in last minute photo shoots. i think thats what has caused this rather sad end to an otherwise fantastic event

• Like 1

It was a similar situation on Friday for us with Diamond Passes for Meat Loaf. We kept getting turned away from his queue until in the end, I went to a lady in a red shirt and explained we were Diamond Pass holders and that we had been turned away several times and told to come back in the afternoon (at which point I had several photo-sessions), and she very kindly took us through so we could get our autographs. Whoever you are, many thanks!

• Like 1

It was all a consequence of Matt's shoots overrunning massively in the afternoon, combined with Peter Capaldi's talk being late and having limited signing time.

In the end, Peter Capaldi got back to his signing area at 4 but was only signing diamond passes 1-50 at that time (with 2 hours to go). Matt wasn't due back until 5 but didn't get there until about 5:40 due to delays, with again a lot of diamond passes still queuing for him.

In the end, pit bosses got diamonds lined up in order, zapped through at superspeed then on to join Capaldi's queue (who stayed until 7pm to see every diamond pass holder). A bit of flexibility worked wonders in the end and meant we went home smiling rather than frustrated.

Still think it might be a mistake to get one-day diamond pass guests to do 3 hours of photoshoots (once you add lunch into the equation, Matt had very limited signing time to get through a lot of diamond passes), and likewise with Peter Capaldi having only 4 hours at most of signing time (fair enough, he's a 2 day guest, but with today being Doctor Who day surely it was a good bet most people would go for him today rather than Saturday?).

17 hours ago, SilvaNemesis said:

It was a similar situation on Friday for us with Diamond Passes for Meat Loaf. We kept getting turned away from his queue until in the end, I went to a lady in a red shirt and explained we were Diamond Pass holders and that we had been turned away several times and told to come back in the afternoon (at which point I had several photo-sessions), and she very kindly took us through so we could get our autographs. Whoever you are, many thanks!

To be fair that is a different issue. The Who ones were one day guests so the guaranteed autograph had to be done that day. When you bought your Meat Loaf diamond pass that got you a guaranteed autograph but not guaranteed on a specific day. You might not have gotten it on Friday and had to do it another day. Weekend guests diamond passes give you no guarantee you can get it done on any day you prefer. They sell enough to fill a weekend so it might be a lot later. Peter Capaldi for example only got through about half of his diamond passes on the Saturday with many having to get the signature on the Sunday. Glad you got your signature done though :D

46 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

To be fair that is a different issue. The Who ones were one day guests so the guaranteed autograph had to be done that day. When you bought your Meat Loaf diamond pass that got you a guaranteed autograph but not guaranteed on a specific day. You might not have gotten it on Friday and had to do it another day. Weekend guests diamond passes give you no guarantee you can get it done on any day you prefer. They sell enough to fill a weekend so it might be a lot later. Peter Capaldi for example only got through about half of his diamond passes on the Saturday with many having to get the signature on the Sunday. Glad you got your signature done though :D

The idea of the diamond pass or so I had it explained to me, for a specific day was that you get the autograph on that day. I asked that question last year when I had my first diamond pass for Pamela Anderson and I was told that you were to get your signature on the day that your pass was valid for and if you didn’t do that then basically it was your problem. That’s why I went straight to her and did that first.

Whether I was misinformed I don’t know, but I’m very wary now. 

Going by the immense queues for Meat Loaf, had I not gone to the red shirt, the blue shirt would have kept turning us away and we’d never have got there. I can’t imagine them letting me into the queue on Saturday when I was apparently ‘supposed’ to have done it on Friday. 

But yes we did it and thank you I was both pleased and relieved we got them done too. :D 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SilvaNemesis said:

The idea of the diamond pass or so I had it explained to me, for a specific day was that you get the autograph on that day. I asked that question last year when I had my first diamond pass for Pamela Anderson and I was told that you were to get your signature on the day that your pass was valid for and if you didn’t do that then basically it was your problem. That’s why I went straight to her and did that first.

Whether I was misinformed I don’t know, but I’m very wary now. 

Going by the immense queues for Meat Loaf, had I not gone to the red shirt, the blue shirt would have kept turning us away and we’d never have got there. I can’t imagine them letting me into the queue on Saturday when I was apparently ‘supposed’ to have done it on Friday. 

But yes we did it and thank you I was both pleased and relieved we got them done too. :D 

Unfortunately this is incorrect, and we've been explaining things quite a number of times. It's in the FAQ and in the listings in the store.

Unless a guest is one day only - like Chris this time - there are no day specific Diamond Passes. No if, no then, no but. (There was one exception - Cumberbatch - because he had a second day added later.)

You can choose different photo days, but that does not make all other activities including with the Diamond Pass specific to that day. If it's a three day guest like let's say Jason and you get your photo Friday it is perfectly acceptable to get your autograph on Sunday. Autographs are not day specific, the Diamond Passes are called by number. As it happened with Peter, not all Diamond Passes might be called the first day. The only "it's your problem" bit is that if you miss the Diamond Pass specific signing time that day (Jason for example went VQ pretty early) your Diamond Pass turns into a VQ ticket and you can go in, but you lose your priority - your Diamond Pass kind of turns into a guest specific Gold Pass.

For Meat Loaf it were special circumstances because he was such a slow signer. On such occasions even attendees with a Diamond Pass may be asked to return later although their number had been called, just like Gold Pass holders and VQ ticket holders would be asked to do so for other guest.

3 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Unfortunately this is incorrect, and we've been explaining things quite a number of times. It's in the FAQ and in the listings in the store.

Unless a guest is one day only - like Chris this time - there are no day specific Diamond Passes. No if, no then, no but. (There was one exception - Cumberbatch - because he had a second day added later.)

You can choose different photo days, but that does not make all other activities including with the Diamond Pass specific to that day. If it's a three day guest like let's say Jason and you get your photo Friday it is perfectly acceptable to get your autograph on Sunday. Autographs are not day specific, the Diamond Passes are called by number. As it happened with Peter, not all Diamond Passes might be called the first day. The only "it's your problem" bit is that if you miss the Diamond Pass specific signing time that day (Jason for example went VQ pretty early) your Diamond Pass turns into a VQ ticket and you can go in, but you lose your priority - your Diamond Pass kind of turns into a guest specific Gold Pass.

For Meat Loaf it were special circumstances because he was such a slow signer. On such occasions even attendees with a Diamond Pass may be asked to return later although their number had been called, just like Gold Pass holders and VQ ticket holders would be asked to do so for other guest.

Oh right! I have most certainly been misinformed in that case and that was causing us to stress about getting the autographs on the day of our pass!

Thanks very much for clarifying this, I will keep it in mind for any future events we may purchase diamond passes for! 

17 minutes ago, SilvaNemesis said:

Oh right! I have most certainly been misinformed in that case and that was causing us to stress about getting the autographs on the day of our pass!

Thanks very much for clarifying this, I will keep it in mind for any future events we may purchase diamond passes for! 

Glad all is cleared up now.

At the rate this "but I had a day specific pass!" is going I am considering putting this in a pinned post next show. ;)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Glad all is cleared up now.

At the rate this "but I had a day specific pass!" is going I am considering putting this in a pinned post next show. ;)

There was a lot of it on the day as well, I had to explain to several people at the event how they worked

Edited by Raylenth