EXITING Venue

I was just wondering what the reason was for stopping people going out certain exit doors at the venue later in the day?    Not a huge deal but when shattered and feet/legs hurting and you try to leave by exit which is closest to hotel side and get told no you really feel the extra distance and steps.

9 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

I was just wondering what the reason was for stopping people going out certain exit doors at the venue later in the day?    Not a huge deal but when shattered and feet/legs hurting and you try to leave by exit which is closest to hotel side and get told no you really feel the extra distance and steps.

Yeah that was a pain ...one exit had to do circuit of building to get back to car park & train station

Agreed, I'm assuming this is maybe to stop mass crushing of everyone going out one exit but is there any way it could be relaxed for tomorrow? I feel a bit sorry for the one security guy having to tell certain people they can't leave through that door. Surely it'd be safer if we're aloud out of any of them? I wasn't feeling too well earlier so left mid afternoon. It would have helped a lot if I didn't have to walk through all the crowds and hot stall areas then round the building to get to bus stop. It would have been nice to just head out the exit by the bus stops.

For the record, I know this probably isn't anything to do with SM and likely a venue security thing, but maybe someone could have a word about the strictness.

5 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Yes, that was definitely a decision on behalf of the security - why I don't know.

I don't think they can change the strictness, it will either be all or no one. Otherwise there'd be endless argueing "why was he allowed and I am told no?"

Goldpass holders are allowed to use that exit (it’s the gold entrance also)

i found it a bit strange that people were not allow to use that exit and when they saw my wristband they told me to go ahead.

They were doing it yesterday as well, as I tried to leave via the exit I think you're talking about at around 6pm and was told to turn around and go back to the entrance. Why have the exit doors OPEN then?! I could understand then if they were all closed (and/or locked) but some of the glass doors were still open. Hence why I thought I could leave that way.

1 hour ago, HeartDT said:

Thought it might have been venue decision.  Thanks @Queen_Sindel    not a bit deal other than it being a bit frustrating if you go opposite way then need to go back when already have sore legs lol    

Lol agreed @wjbleming

Yeah, I know that frustration. I was on crutches during one of the first shows there, where in addition there was another show on the ground floor. My carer had to yell at three people before we were able to get down.

The worst for me was that after getting my VQ tickets I went back to the hotel, but on getting back to Olympia at about 11am I had to do the crazy winding walk along the tape and barriers that I’d already done when they first let us into the venue at 7am!

So if I smoked would I have to do this every time I re-entered the building?!?!?

I found it frustrating having to go across to the exit to then walk straight back in to get to diamond collection (especially after doing what felt like three laps of the venue to FIND the Entrance/Exit in the first place - though that can be blamed on my sense of direction!).  Should have gone earlier in the day when feet were feeling a bit fresher!

Yeah me too. I'm pretty familiar with the venue layout, but was turned away at each exit until I got to the exit where the entrance is (there is a big Showmaster's exit sign above it).

Not cool after being on my feet for 14 hours.

Also, the new exit at Olympia West is a lot smaller, so you get a bottleneck effect and with a lot of people crowding around outside.