Guest interactions.

I just remembered another one. Can’t believe I forgot it until now. Obviously to save printing costs Showmasters reuse old autograph tickets. We went up to get Colin Baker’s autograph on Saturday and the ticket had Tom Baker’s name printed on it but “Tom” had a line through it and Colin written above it in biro. Colin actually noticed this when I handed it over and he took it faking (I hope) consternation at this. “Look what I’ve become!” He bellowed. He even interrupted Peter Capaldi whom he was sitting next to to show him. “Look where I’ve sunk to” he said and Peter replied “That’s how it goes Colin” before laughing and turning back to what he was signing. Colin took a picture and I said “oh looks like that’s going on Twitter later.” to which he replied “it’s going on now!” He never did post it though.

I don’t know what he was complaining about. My David Tennant one was Mary McDonnell’s name scored out and “DT” writte’n above it. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

All the guests I met this year were brilliant, even the bigger and busier guests were very engaging and friendly :)

I met Iwan Rheon and Aidan Turner with a Diamond Pass, they both seemed like nice guys but I thought being there only one day, it might be rushed. But they were both lovely, chatty and personalising autographs. I got two autographs from Iwan Rheon, one from Game of Thrones with my name and one from Vicious, the DVD cover. I told him he didn’t need to put my name on that one, he said “Alright, but which one am I though? This one?” (Pointing at Ian McKellen) ^^. The photo session with Aidan Turner was fast as he came late in the morning, but he was so warm and smiling that it didn’t feel rushed at all. 

I only had photos with David Tennant and Matt Smith, both very busy shoots, but they were great. Having a few nice words for everyone and happy to do poses if you asked them. I asked David Tennant if we could do silly faces, he said sure and the photo is now my favourite comic con photo! 

The Wonder Woman actors, Eugene Brave Rock and Daid Taghmaoui, were really nice too. I had both autographs and photo shoots with them. Said Taghmaoui was super chatty and excited to be here (he told me it’s his first con).

Ray Park was brilliant too, I wanted to meet him since a long time and he did not disappoint. I heard loads of good things about him and it was all true hehehe. I also enjoyed his martial arts demonstration on Saturday night! It was really cool and funny.

I also went with my boyfriend and his brother when they got their Matthew Wood autographs. He was amazing! He was happy to talk and have table photos. He also put quotes from General Grievous and said the quote with the character voice!

it was a great year!!!

• Like 2

On 30 July 2018 at 9:40 AM, Faerie Tanith said:

People always incredulously ask me why I spent so much time/effort/money on these conventions when I could easily just go online and buy an autographed picture of whichever guest I want for less hassle. This is exactly what I say- if I was paying for 'just the autograph' then fine, but in my mind I'm paying for the memory of meeting and speaking to the person and signing an autograph that's personalized to me. An item and a memory that I can keep forever! You're paying for the experience, not just the signature!

I totally agree! and you remember these wonderful meetings and interactions forever! :)

Edited by sarzy2
  • Like 1

I'm not entirely sure if I've given my two cents on this thread yet but the Smallville guests were absoloutely incredible. True stars of the highest calibre.

Tom Welling - was my first shoot of the weekend. I froze a little when it got to my turn, anxiety started kicking in. Tom just went come over here my man. Fist bumped, shook my hand. I thanked him for everything. And he said appreciate that.

Zachary Levi - Again, got a little starstruck. Like Smallville Chuck was part of my childhood. Snapped the photo and it turned out awesome. Told him as leaving the shoot "Chuck meant a lot to me, Thank you". He replied with "Oh, Thank you". He seemed abit shocked. I guess it was cus I was wearing a Superman tee and probably thought I was there to meet him for Shazam. I was upset I missed his talk having needed to go to another shoot.

Tom Welling & John Schneider Duo - This was the greatest photo opportunity in all my time of going to cons. I was going to burst into tears with all the banter. John Schneider started to laugh as I went to shake Toms hand first even though John was closer to the queue. John grabbed me and came to shake my hand. I told John & Tom. "Smallville was a big part of my childhood, thank you". Tom replied "Mine to". All burst into laughter and that moment got caught on camera. That became my favourite Photo Op of all time.

Peter Weller - His Photo Op was late. Robocop was one of the first films I had ever watched as a child. And one of my favourite films of all time. Although Peter was reserved and didn't say anything but he shook my hand ans was ready for the photo. I know not to expect much from anyone. Peter must have been tired due to age 

Autograph sessions:

John Schneider - I wasn't going to get his autograph but decided I had to for Smallville. I took my uncle and his two children to the con. My uncle grew up watching Dukes Of Hazzard who then introduced his daughter to it. They missed the Dukes talk due to train delays. I said to them I'll get his autograph, you come with me and you can interact. I went to get his Auto. My uncle first had a chat with him took photos with them, a few. I had photos with him to. Then he signed the autograph to me. I mentioned to him "Your role as Johnathon Kent during the Seaosn 10 Era was something that made me tear up so often, each time you showed up, your Relationship with Clark was the best father and son duo ive ever seen on television". He was listening, signing autograph ans was shocked to see he wrote "Abdullah, Always Hold On To Smallville". Incredible. Wanted to cry when I noticed it on the autograph.

Tom Welling - I was a diamond Pass holder for Tom. Got his Autograph later in the day. Told him how Smallville was a big part of my childhood again, probably got sick of hearing that which I joked to him. I said I met Michael last year. He said "Keep it going, My man". He signed my auto "You rock".

That was the Saturday. Now lets mention the unplanned Sunday due to the Eruption David Tennants announcement caused throughout the venue. My uncle and his fam had never been to a con before. Their favourite was david. So, we bought tickets for Sunday and had managed to get his Op. I bought one to and had bought another Photo Op for Zachary Levi.

Zachary Levi - I went to get his Auto first thing which I hadn't planned. Again, had an amazing chat with himAnd it all led to a tearjerking moment later in during his photo op. I asked for a Chuck pose. He remembered That I mentioned it in His Auto. Then as the photo was done he goes to me "Thank you for seeing me again, Abdullah, my brother". Shook hands and left the studio. I was abit shaking a lot and could feel tears. It was amazing.

David Tennant - The photo shoot was a great experience. He was so cool, shoet interaction but a great photo. I for one loved the atmosphere david caused. From the cheer for his arrival. Down to the Photo.

Beautiful event, thank you Showmasters. Heres to 2019!!!

• Like 5

I met six guests in total autographs when I came on just the Saturday, I only went for one day with some friends (Our first ever con I might add!) Four of the guests I met were top priorities, the other two were to make up for not meeting Peter Capaldi who I was desperate to meet but couldn't because his queue only ended up doing the diamond passes of which there was about three hundred which sucked :/ dunno if anyone else couldn't get to him? Anyways, here's how all my meetings went down! (I've put them in the order of when I met them).

James Caan - James Caan wasn't having a good day at his table, he wasn't doing personalisations and seemed very hot and bothered, at one point his manager was helping him walk to the lift, he's obviously getting old. Everybody on this forum is saying he was very nice during photo ops. That being said, I met him relatively early in the day and he was nice enough, I said "Hello Mr. Caan very nice to meet you, I'm a big fan." He said "Thank you" and signed the photo and that was that. 

David Duchovny - I was so desperate to meet this guy, I am a huge X-Files fan and was gonna meet him whatever the cost. I can't stress how worth it it is to get to there early, I got a good VQ ticket for Duchovny and only spent ten minutes queueing for him. He didn't seem busy at all that day (even during his talk). When it got to my turn I said "Hello" and he said "Hi Hugh" and that fatally killed me to death. Just didn't expect it, obvs he'd seen the name the staff had written down for my personalisation! Anyway I said "I think you're great as Agent Mulder." I think he said "Thank you." can't exactly remember. I said goodbye and hope you enjoy the rest of your day and we shook hands. I was very close to tears just because I couldn't believe I'd met him. I get what people are saying about him being a bit quiet though, I think he's just not used to doing conventions. Mind you, I went to his talk later and during that he really seemed to perk up, think it just took time to get in the swing of it. He was quite funny. Anybody who was at the talk, I asked the Twin Peaks question! Overall I was very happy to meet the guy and I have a great autograph to commemorate that. 

Noel Clarke - Now this guy was probably the nicest guest I met, so so lovely! I was there to see him because of Kidulthood, also being a Doctor Who fan. I said "Kidulthood is one of my favourite films for me and my Brother to watch." he said "Thanks man, I appreciate it." I gave him my copy of the DVD to sign. I managed to quickly ask him about weather he always planned to do sequels to Kidulthood which he answered, he said "It wasn't the plan but that's just the way it went." Then he took a quick picture and I said "Take care" and he said "You too man". Honestly, he is a diamond! 

Lance Henriksen - I don't think anything is more pure than hearing Lance Henriksens deep voice up close! He had a big queue on Saturday which I managed to get into later in the day. I approached him and he just smiled so much and said "Hey buddy" upon shaking my hand. At this point I was more comfortable with having conversations with the guests so I asked, how was he enjoying comic con. And he said something which nearly made me tear up, "I love it, I'm surrounded by my fans and all my friends, Jason Momoa is here and he's a good friend, we're working but we just love it." He gave me a really nice personalisation on my photo and told me "Be careful it doesn't smudge!" as I left. Sweet sweet guy. I saw a post about some guys bumping into him at a pub afterwards and hanging out with him over drinks! 

Matthew Wood - Upon realising I wasn't gonna meet Capaldi realistically I decided to meet the voice behind a personal favourite Star Wars character. Matthew Wood was really friendly and he seems to really love to be recognised as a character. He did the line "What's the situation, Captain?" in the voice to me which was surreal! He asked me how I'd like my autograph and we had a small chat about the weather! 

Sean Young - I met Sean Young just before I left because I had money left and if I didn't I would've kicked myself. Sean Young was very warm and kind and asked what I'd like on my photo. I asked her about Blade Runner 2049 and how she felt about being in it and she said "I think they messed it up! I thought they blew it, I think it was silly what they did to my character." All I could say was fair enough. I got a quick selfie and had a very nice goodbye actually. 

BONUS: 

Julian Glover - I went up with my friend who was getting an auto from Julian Glover, he's such an old flirt! He greeted my friend as "Pretty one" and kissed her hand. Sweet guy, his niece had the same name as my friend. 

Rory McCann - I went to Rory's Q&A and asked him a pretty basic question in comparison to others. Anyone else who went to that talk though, wasn't it hilarious! The three of those guys (Isaac Hempstead Wright and Staz Nair who were also there) were brilliant! Somebody opened by asking Rory about the Hound vs. Brienne and he responded in character with "Yeah, that big bird bitch!" Later on somebody asked all of them if you could die anyway in Game of Thrones, how would you go and he just said "Overdose!" I asked him if there was any character who he'd love to see the hound fight, who would it be? He said Meryn Trant. Honestly that talk was one of my fav bits of con, just a laugh!  

• Like 3

It's so great to read everyone's experiences! Looks like we all had a memorable weekend :) Some of my highlights:

- Jewel Staite, Rose McIver and the 'Allo 'Allo guys going above and beyond with the props I brought for our photoshoots.

- Jewel's funny and unexpected answer to my question about The Killing at her talk.

- James Caan seems obsessed with hair :D right after the photoshoot he started telling me that the photographer had no idea how to frame him so his baldness doesn't ruin the photos, or some such.

- Katie Leung greeting me as a fellow Ravenclaw; her friend asking me about Madrid's street art, of all things.

- Tom Welling and John Schneider very laid back and funny photoshoot session.

- Chatting with Wes Chatham about my costume and the present and future of The Expanse. He's amazing! He seemed genuinely thrilled with being there and getting to know all of us.

• Like 3

I can't believe no one has commented about meeting Paul Wesley and Daniel Gillies!

They were the only reason why I came, I've never been before, so I was a newbie!  I don't know how some of you do it, our day was full and we only met them two!!  First was my photo shoot with them both, when I saw them through the crack in the screens I couldn't talk, I couldn't believe they were right there, lots of 'oh my gods' were coming out of my mouth!!!  When I got to my turn I said to Daniel 'can you just sandwich me please?'  and he said 'I'll do whatever you bloody like!'  had the photo done and he's right squeezed up by the side of my face, love it!!  I don't think Paul said a word!!

Next, I went to get Pauls signature, I couldn't think of anything cool to say so I said 'busy day?' and he said yeah! He spoke to my son who was dressed as Miguel from Coco and said 'cool facepaint dude'  Noah loved that!!

Then we went to the talk, I had my hand up to ask a question and didn't actually expect to get picked, I was shocked when the lady passed me the microphone!!  I asked them what was their favourite version of their characters, not just good or bad, but before they were vampires, 1920s, Ripper Stefan etc?  Paul just said 1920s Ripper Stefan and Daniel said the medieval times with his barbarian hair and went on for ages about how it was his real hair and he had to have a wig put on etc for his shorter hair.  Was a brilliant answer!

Then we queued for Daniels auto, when we got to the picture table there were no pics of him with long hair or with his suit, so I said to him 'there's no pictures of you with your barbarian hair' and he said 'no' so then I said 'there's' and he said 'not the suit!' so I said 'yeah but you look hot in your suit' so then he said 'Noah, tell your mum to quit the suit talk!!' Noah was so impressed meeting them, he's only 7 so has never watched The Vampire Diaries of The Originals, but he wants to go again next year!!  Overall I think Daniel came across really well, Paul was nice, but he just didn't say much, either shy or I think someone said he was hung over!  Either way, I loved meeting them both!!

• Like 1

Can't really single out a particular interaction so I'm just going to say that all the guests that I met at the event were friendly, chatty and absolutely accommodating to me. Being my first ever convention that really helped me in making my mind up about attending future conventions.

• Like 1