Guest interactions.

4 hours ago, Faerie Tanith said:

Yesterday Costas approached me. I was hanging around near his table but off to the side about 15 minutes before his photoshoot, on my phone, and I looked up to see him coming over to me from his table to compliment the Saw bag I was carrying! He then stood and talked to me for a few minutes before giving me a hug and heading back to his table. I'm just stunned that the tables got turned and HE approached ME of his own accord that one time!

I have more interactions with him from the weekend but I'm still not calm enough to put them all into words.

That has to be one of the best interactions I've seen! The fact he came over to you! You're just right to hold onto all the others, they're bound to beyond fantastic, Faerie!

• Like 1

I enjoyed all the guest interactions I had during the event, even if they were small ^_^ during Paul wesleys shoot all the printers run out of ink and paper at the same time so some of us had to go back round for another photo, when he realised this he said "oh no, you've all got to do another one, what a shame" we all laughed because none of us were disappointed and he knew it! :lol: Paige was doing the funniest of poses on Saturday! It was even funnier to watch the photographers reaction to them :lol: and I don't think I will get the image of Jason Momoa dancing in his photo shoot out of my head for a while :D During my autograph with him I had a Stargate Atlantis picture signed, I told him that I loved him in that show and he said "yeah it was a lot of fun to film" and then smiled at me :wub: when my partner had his photo shoot with him,  jason said "cool shirt" and then made sure not to cover it in the photo :rolleyes: But I think the most memorable moment of the con was Saturday mid day, I was waiting in Jason Momoas auto queue (for my dp auto) when he walked passed us, music blaring with a group of women following him giggling and trying to take pictures :lol:

• Like 1

David Tennant was the guy I was so nervous about meeting. You never know how it’s going to go. I thanked him for coming and that he was the reason I started doctor who. He is my doctor. I told him what an honour it was to meet him and how much this interraction meant to me. I also told him that My father knew how much it would mean for me to meet him but he sadly never saw it as he passed away last year after a lung cancer battle. Mr Tennant was the number 1 name I had on my list to meet and I’m so so happy I got to meet him!! He was a true gent. Like last year all the guests were amazing but he stood out the most!!

2657E96A-7025-45FD-A7CE-302C4AC9383B.jpe

Edited by Vinto316
  • Like 5

Don't think I had a bad experience with a guest all weekend they were all really nice! 

Friday was the more enjoyable day as I had time to chat to the guests Staz Nair, James Callis, Matt Wood, Tom Vaughn-Lawlor were all super nice, chatty and even allowed pictures which was a bonus!

Also thought Zachary Levi was a bundle of fun which helped to kick off the con the right way as he was my first shoot :D

• Like 2

I'd like to add, Sarah Douglas was so so lovely, during the photo op I asked if it was okay to have a hug, which I meant for the photo but instead she happily wrapped her arms round me and gave me a proper one instead :wub: she and my mum had great banter too, she recognised her later during autos and stood up immediately to give her a big hug calling her "my little daffodil" cause of her yellow dress <3 wonderful wonderful lady :)

• Like 4

James Callis, Sam Neil, Sarah Douglas, Jack O Halloran, Kim Hartman, Aiden Turner, Peter Capaldi, Pearl Mackie, Tom Welling and Iwan Rheon were all really nice people. Aiden and James were brilliant!

Unfortunately, I was really looking forward to meeting David and it wasn't the meeting I was hoping for. Also, Sarah was brilliant but my meeting was soured by a man from France arguing with a red shirt in front of Sarah as he thought he deserved another auto without paying!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Broo said:

I'd like to add, Sarah Douglas was so so lovely, during the photo op I asked if it was okay to have a hug, which I meant for the photo but instead she happily wrapped her arms round me and gave me a proper one instead :wub: she and my mum had great banter too, she recognised her later during autos and stood up immediately to give her a big hug calling her "my little daffodil" cause of her yellow dress <3 wonderful wonderful lady :)

She so is! I met her in Glasgow in 2010 and I was late for my photo shoot with her. I was still within the time period but since everyone was done in 10 minutes of a 20 minute slot they had assumed she was done and she’d wandered off to watch the nearby cosplay stage. When I arrived she not only came back but chatted to me for ages as nobody else was around. All this with a sore leg due to recent knee surgery!. We then wandered back to the cosplay stage together and stood watching and chatting for another while before her helper told her she had to get back to her table. It’s one of the best interactions I’ve ever had with a guest.

• Like 2

Ellie Kendrick 

- She is so lovely! I went over to her table; so, she immediately shook my hand to greet me. I was so shy, but Ellie made me feel so at ease. She asked me how I was; so, I asked her the same. She was so appreciative when I asked her back! Ellie looked so happy when I said it was a pleasure to meet her! She asked what my name is; so, I said my name is Chloe. She said it was lovely to meet me! She even took the time to ask me where I'm from. We had a lovely little chat about the convention and London! She asked me if I had been to London before, and how many times I'd been to this convention. I said it was my third time and I always really enjoy it! I was so nervous; and I didn't know what to say at one point, so I talked how we had to find somewhere else to park as the car park was full. She said she was glad I got here, though! She asked which picture I would like signed, so I gave one of Meera Reed to her. She politely asked if I had any dots above any of the letters in my name. I thanked her. My mother asked her if I could have my picture taken with her. Ellie couldn't have been sweeter! She agreed! She put her arm around me, so we could have our picture taken together. I thanked her again. I told her to have a lovely day; which she was really appreciative of, and told me to have the same. Ellie is so sweet, polite and lovely!

Isaac Hempstead-Wright

- He is so sweet and polite! I couldn't believe how nervous I was, but Isaac was so sweet! While shaking; I approached his table, and he greeted me with a hand shake. He asked me how I was; which I was really appreciative of, and I asked him as well. He really appreciated being asked. He thanked me. I said how nice it was meeting him which he was also really appreciate of. He said it was nice to meet me as well. He asked me my name, so I said it's Chloe. Then he said my name. He took the time to ask me where I'm from as well. Since I was so shy, my mother asked Isaac if he would mind having his picture taken while he signed his autograph for me. He said sure and it was no problem. We talked about the event, and asked if I was enjoying myself. I thanked him. He told me he was enjoying himself as well; as he loves doing conventions, as they're great fun! We carried on talking about conventions for a bit. He signed a picture of Bran Stark for me, but I wasn't sure what else to say. I thanked him for the autograph. I told him to have a lovely day; which he was really appreciative of, and said the same to me. I wish I had said more to him, but I was so nervous. He was so sweet and lovely! I just wish I had bought a photoshoot with him, too...

Sam Neill

- I was so nervous! I had a photograph session with him on Sunday... I went over to him; and he smiled to me, and was really polite! He put his arm around me, so I told him how much I loved him in The Tudors. He was so appreciative! He couldn't thank me enough!

Rose McIver

- She is so sweet and polite! I had a photograph session with Rose on Sunday in the afternoon... She noticed my friend and I were wearing the same shirts. However, it was not intentional. She loved them and complimented us! When it was my turn; I went over to Rose, and I told her how amazing she was in The Lovely Bones. She was so, so, so appreciative! She even thanked me three times during the shoot. She said she really appreciated it. I asked politely if I could have a hug for our picture; and she happily agreed, and asked if this hugging pose was okay. After the picture, she continued thanking me. I thanked her in return. Rose was beyond lovely!

Thank you to everyone! You were all so, so, so lovely! :smile:

Edited by ChloeLou
  • Like 8

@ChloeLou had a huge smile on my face the entire time reading your post, so happy you had such wonderful moments with those guests <3

@Ravogd that's amazing!! What a moment! When I spoke to her at the autos she said she really enjoys going to conventions and loves getting to talk with people, a good long chat being her favourite so I am certain she will have loved spending that time with you <3

• Like 2

Aly Michalka: I decided to go this year mainly for her and don't regret. She is lovely and thanked me for watching Bandslam, I asked her if I could give her a hug, she said yes and even hugged my goddaughter who was with me, it was kind. At her photoshoot, she recognized me and thanked me for travelling to come to see her.

Staz Nair: He is surely the most funny guest I met. He talked with us with us and signed me an autograph a bit in French

Katie Leung: She looks shy but she is a nice person, lovely to have met her. Could not take a photoshoot, hopefully next time

Ellie Kendrick: She is one of my favorite GoT guest I met, I see her every year since 2014 and she always smiling when I come to pay her a hello, such a lvely girl. Before to leave the Sunday at lunchmy goddaughter asked me an autograph of her, we went to see Ellie and she remembered her. 

• Like 2

IMG_20180731_193811_zpsjpaal5il_edit_153I got a Sam Neill photo shoot from my wife for my birthday, as he says bye to the guy in front of me he turns to say hi and see's me in a Jurassic Park security officers uniform. He says "Wow, your fully loaded out, you look awesome". Made my day, totally awesome meeting such a friendly and charming guest. :D:D:D

Edited by Timberwolf0118
  • Like 6

Two of my favourite interactions were with Rose McIver and Aly Michalka. 

I asked Rose about all of her previous roles from Power Rangers, Once Upon A Time and iZombie. She is so talented in all of her roles. I asked her what's next for her? She said that she's not sure yet as she still hasn't finished filming "iZombie Season 5". She then asked me what I think she should do next? I suggested that she would be perfect as a DC or Marvel Superhero. Who else agrees?

Aly was also really lovely. We talked about her work on Two and a Half Men and she said how much fun she had working on front of a live audience. She also spoke very highly of Jon Cryer and how much of a nice guy he is. If he comes to Comic Con, I'd love to tell him how highly Aly spoke of him.

• Like 1

I only planned on meeting 2 guests this year (both with diamond passes) but ended up meeting 4 who I managed to get autographs with:

Nathalie Emmanuel - Nathalie was someone I really wanted to meet and add to my small GoT poster so decided to get a diamond pass as didn't want to risk missing out, especially as she was only there for one day. When I met her on Friday morning she was really chatty and spent lots of time with each guest. She was talking about the end of filming GoT and her upcoming projects and seemed genuinely interested in what we had to say. She also added 'valar morghulis' as a nice quote on my poster. When it came to the photo shoot she remembered me which was a lovely touch. A really great guest and one I'd recommend you all to meet if she's back again in the future. Probably my highlight of the weekend.

Rory Mcann - Rory was my second (and last) diamond pass. His photo shoot was first thing on Saturday, so I was a bit concerned I wouldn't make it in time with the long entry queues. It ended up being a doddle. He was great in the photo shoot, welcomed everyone with a friendly hello and gave me a pat on the back as I left to pick up my photo. For the auto I was 2nd in the queue as we were waiting for him to finish his shoot. Had a quick chat and we wished each other a good rest of the day. Loved how he was personalising everyone's auto's with 'Woof woof.'

Amber Rose Revah - Have very recently finished watching The Punisher and decided on meeting Amber as I walked past and saw she had a short queue. It was great she had made it to LFCC as she'd told us she was in the middle of filming series 2 and had flown from New York that night and only landed at 3am that morning! She must have been shattered but was super chatty. My only regret was not asking for a selfie which she was doing for everyone who asked.

Jason Mamoa - I picked up a VQ ticket on Saturday but it didn't get to my number. Tried again on Sunday and to my surprise by 2:30pm he had an open queue so decided to grab an auto! I couldn't afford the diamond pass but could stretch to an autograph and knew I'd only regret it if I didn't go for it. It was a bit of a production line as he wasn't doing personalisations which was a shame. My poster is all personalised with the exception of him. The security/manager also seemed very strict! For the moment I was in there he seemed like a nice guy and said hi and then wished me all the best. Glad I met him in the end and didn't regret it despite it being very brief.

That was it for my weekend, for me a very successful one with all positive guest interactions.

• Like 1

On 29.7.2018 at 10:09 PM, Nerd Who said:

Surprisingly Ingrid Oliver speaks Italian perfectly because she used to live in Rome, and she dedicated my auto in Italian which never happened to me before, it was quite special. Also she recognized me at her photo shoot and messed up my name a bit but she was close.

Ingrid Oliver also speaks German fluently because of German ancestors. She dedicated my autograph in German.

• Like 2

Costas was so lovely! Spent time with everyone and was enjoying himself so much. He said he wants to come back next year, Jason, take note. :lol:

Cerina Vincent was adorable! So sweet and funny. We could have spent hours talking.

Adrienne was as sweet and lovely as ever. She recommended a film to me last time I met her and she remembered that and I asked if I've seen it. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hunter13 said:

Costas was so lovely! Spent time with everyone and was enjoying himself so much. He said he wants to come back next year, Jason, take note. :lol:

:wub::lol: He always seems to love doing conventions. I asked him if he'd be doing any more UK events and he said he had none planned but hopefully soon and he couldn't wait to be back. He's a lovely bloke SM, surely you're not going to dash his dreams and disappoint the poor man by not getting him back again! 

16 minutes ago, Faerie Tanith said:

:wub::lol: He always seems to love doing conventions. I asked him if he'd be doing any more UK events and he said he had none planned but hopefully soon and he couldn't wait to be back. He's a lovely bloke SM, surely you're not going to dash his dreams and disappoint the poor man by not getting him back again! 

I agree wholeheartedly. He's one of the nicest people around! :D He enjoys it just as much as we do. 

I really hope he comes back next year and brings his brother with him. 

All the guests I've met (Aly Michalka, Nathalie Emmanuel, Zachary Levi) were all so kind and amazing. I got photos with all three and got Zach's autograph for a friend of mine who adores him so much but couldn't make it. 

21 hours ago, Broo said:

@ChloeLou had a huge smile on my face the entire time reading your post, so happy you had such wonderful moments with those guests <3

@Ravogd that's amazing!! What a moment! When I spoke to her at the autos she said she really enjoys going to conventions and loves getting to talk with people, a good long chat being her favourite so I am certain she will have loved spending that time with you <3

Thank you so much! :smile:

All my guest interactions were wonderful, even David Tennant who I had the whole of three seconds with XD

Matt Smith, though, was the highlight for me. First at the photo shoot he was really nice about my outfit, then at the autograph I asked him to sign mine to me and my fanfic character (yeah, I'm that type of fan) and he asked all about it and called me her name as I left and it was the best thing ever.

Sarah Douglas, we met her year and told us some personal stuff. She loved my wife as well (my wife is a big Superman fan)

This year we talked to her again and she remembered us and was happy to see us again. It was nice.

John Schneider was the greatest guy.

He was standing mostly and always polite and full of energy.

They offered us to be in a photo with him, which was a nice bonus.

Peter Weller was interested in my wife when he heard she had Italian roots.

Talking italian and spanish with her.

A movie quote along with his autograph was five quid extra which was silly.

Photoshoots with David Duchovny and Jason Momoa came out great.

We could make them laugh.

Steven Seagal walking and being surrounded by his security was hilarious.

I got that on “tape”