Guest interactions.

Peter Capaldi remembered me from yesterday’s auto session. Well, I met (stalked) him twice yesterday and three times today so now he properly knows me. Like we’re totally best friends :P At my second photo, he greeted me saying, “Ciao, nice to see you again,” then at the Doctor Who group photo he started telling the other guests that I was coming all the way from Italy and how a huge Doctor Who fan I was. Matt and the others went “Oh wow.” It was nice, I died a little bit inside.

Surprisingly Ingrid Oliver speaks Italian perfectly because she used to live in Rome, and she dedicated my auto in Italian which never happened to me before, it was quite special. Also she recognized me at her photo shoot and messed up my name a bit but she was close.

Christopher Eccleston was super annoyed at the dealers just in front of me, you could see it in his face that he was irritated while signing multiple items with random quotes. I was immediately after them and he was still annoyed so he was mostly quiet, but at the end he looked me in the eye apologetically and told me that he appreciated me coming to see him and I swear he gave me exactly the same look he had in the “Run!” scene with Rose in his first episode - the small part of me that was still alive died in that moment.

Generally all the Doctor Who guests were amazing, taking a few moments to talk and making you feel like they were actually pleased to meet you. Shout out to Steven Moffat still signing and taking selfies well after 6 pm.

• Like 8

I found Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi, Pearl Mackie and Ingrid Oliver incredibly engaging, both in photos and autos. Matt seemed to really like my drawing and cosplay and gave me a pat on the chest which sorta felt surreal to me! Peter looked through the letter he sent back to me 4 years ago and we had a mini reflection on that letter and the time that passed. Pearl spent a good 3 minutes just in awe of my drawing and print, same with Ingrid who loved my artstyle (which I can no longer use since I don't remember how I did it :rolleyes:)

• Like 3

OK, now everyone I met was delightful, but I'll point out some highlights:

Staz Nair was so friendly and chatty.  I was wearing an Adam Lambert T-shirt on the Friday so we chatted about that (he's worked with Adam!) and on the Sat when I had my photoshoot he recognized me but was not sure from where/when, and when I said we'd met on Friday he said, "Lovely to meet you!" and kissed the top of my head, bless his cotton socks.  He was adorable.

Jack O'Halloran said, "Hello, lovely," in my photoshoot.  Heeeee.

James Callis wrote an amusing quote on my auto so I ribbed him about it, which was fun.

I'm ashamed to say that I didn't notice until much later that Iwan Rheon wrote Cariad on my auto (I'm sure he did it for everyone, but it's still a nice thing).  Diolch yn fawr, Iwan!  Awwww.  He was sweet in person too.

I've met Matt Smith before but wanted another photoshoot as he looked great but I looked terrible in my last one, and he was doing finger-point poses and whatnot and his hair was very shiny (I complimented him on it the last time we met so was glad to see it was on form).  Much happier with this photo!

Paige Turco was insane, but in a good way.  She was doing the most incredible poses and hugging people in her photoshoots (I was vanilla as usual but we're both grinning like Cheshire Cats).  I'm sad to hear she took ill overnight and hope she recovers soon.  It was lovely to meet her.

Rory McCann!  One of my top GoT wants.  He wrote Woof Woof! among other things on the auto, which I found hilarious, although not so hilarious as the back of the DP, which had a shot of the Clegane/Brienne brawl on it - the expressions on their faces!  I'm giggling just thinking about it.

Peter Capaldi was amazing.  Despite how popular he was, he took time to chat and not only personalize but write additional stuff on autos.  He wrote Cosmic to meet you! and I was thinking, "HOW DID HE KNOW MY USERNAME- oh, wait, never mind." *snort*  He was brilliant with kids too (and I'm not in the least maternal so being purely objective here).  Smashing bloke.

Christopher Eccleston was understandably busy, considering he was there for the one day, but he was so, so nice.  And oh, boy, he looked so good in person!  I thanked him for coming as it was so wonderful to meet him and he said, "Thank you for having me."  (My mind went to Bad, Bad places.  I'm just glad I didn't drool on him.)  Never thought I'd get to meet him so that was a fantastic (pun intended) way to end the day today.

Edited by CosmicAvatar
  • Like 4

Can I just say how lovely Paul Taylor was? :D

When I met him there was no one in his queue, so I got to speak to him for a good ten minutes. He appeared to be genuinely happy when I told him that I loved his performance as Pinhead. He loved meeting his fans, and we spoke about the behind the scenes stuff on the film. He personalised my auto and wrote "Welcome to Hell". Overall one of my favourite guest experiences so far, as he was so happy to be there and was so friendly and chatty. I'll put up the image of his auto (along with my others) as soon as possible. :thumbup:

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

5 hours ago, Nerd Who said:

Peter Capaldi remembered me from yesterday’s auto session. Well, I met (stalked) him twice yesterday and three times today so now he properly knows me. Like we’re totally best friends :P At my second photo, he greeted me saying, “Ciao, nice to see you again,” then at the Doctor Who group photo he started telling the other guests that I was coming all the way from Italy and how a huge Doctor Who fan I was. Matt and the others went “Oh wow.” It was nice, I died a little bit inside.

Surprisingly Ingrid Oliver speaks Italian perfectly because she used to live in Rome, and she dedicated my auto in Italian which never happened to me before, it was quite special. Also she recognized me at her photo shoot and messed up my name a bit but she was close.

Christopher Eccleston was super annoyed at the dealers just in front of me, you could see it in his face that he was irritated while signing multiple items with random quotes. I was immediately after them and he was still annoyed so he was mostly quiet, but at the end he looked me in the eye apologetically and told me that he appreciated me coming to see him and I swear he gave me exactly the same look he had in the “Run!” scene with Rose in his first episode - the small part of me that was still alive died in that moment.

Generally all the Doctor Who guests were amazing, taking a few moments to talk and making you feel like they were actually pleased to meet you. Shout out to Steven Moffat still signing and taking selfies well after 6 pm.

Steven is a great one, I saw him on Saturday with his son walking around the con. He was taking the time to have photos with joe public- top guy!

sory to hear about your experience with the dealers, I was similarly behind some in Peter Wellers long queue, after they just jumped the queue in front of me (having already waited myself over 40 minutes).

I too put down Peter’s less than enthusiastic meeting with me as a result of the dealers.

But hey ho, it’s becoming a part of con life and you take the rough with the smooth I suppose...

• Like 2

One of my favourites was Staz Nair who was lovely and chatty (I'm pretty shy so don't speak very much but he drew me out instantly and then personalised my autograph with our conversation with "from one secret hippie to another" so it's this lovely unique memento now). 

Aidan Turner- Just a complete sweetheart! I told that I'd been to see his play a few weeks ago and he was my 2nd favourite performance after the black cat (if you've seen it you know that Black Cat has impressive comic timing!) and that my mum wished she could have been there but sends her love- and I got a lot of laughter and my mum got love sent back. Just so great!! That is probably the most words I've voluntarily spoken to a guest lol. 

Noel Clarke- his fan interaction in general is fantastic, he starts by interacting with the whole queue each time taking videos and photos and it just felt like he was enjoying being near us as much as we near him! 

The Doctors were all keen to make sure the fans felt special (even with the Matt Smith rush auto I felt happy afterwards) so an extra mention to them too. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nerd Who said:

Yes Steven Moffat was a trooper staying late for us! 

• Like 2

This is why I love going to these events.  Yes you pay for a photo and an autograph but it's the personal interactions you get with some of the people you meet they are priceless and it those memories that will last a lifetime.

Catherine Mary Stewart was wonderful we ended up chatting for about 5 minutes, she said that was blown away by the love the fans have for "The Last Starfighter  & Weekend at Bernie's and never expected 30 years later that they have been remembered with such fondness.

Catherine Bach was fun to talk with.

James Caan was amazing said how well he looked, he laughed and said I may look it but the rest of my body doesn't feel it then laughed again.The man is a legend.

Asked the Allo Allo cast what their secret was as they looked as though they had just walked off the set after filming a episode of the show.  They all laughed, Guy replied "you made my day now" such great sports to dress up especially in that heat.  

David Duchovny was very great had a handshake and said enjoy the rest of your day

Even as I write this down I'm smiling, this to me what a Con's is all about

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jabberwocky50 said:

This is why I love going to these events.  Yes you pay for a photo and an autograph but it's the personal interactions you get with some of the people you meet they are priceless and it those memories that will last a lifetime.

People always incredulously ask me why I spent so much time/effort/money on these conventions when I could easily just go online and buy an autographed picture of whichever guest I want for less hassle. This is exactly what I say- if I was paying for 'just the autograph' then fine, but in my mind I'm paying for the memory of meeting and speaking to the person and signing an autograph that's personalized to me. An item and a memory that I can keep forever! You're paying for the experience, not just the signature!

• Like 4

My interactions with Tom Welling was too perfect for words. :wub: He was so so friendly, he remembered me on Saturday after I gave him his pin on Friday and the hug I got from him was more than I could have dreamt for. And he called me "so sweet" after I had my photo taken with him on Saturday. :wub: 

• Like 1

Every single guest we met were perfect and so very nice esp James Caan and Sam Neill, Richard Wilson was so funny and we ended up chatting about our cat and at the end he said give my regards to kitty. You've done very well this year LFCC without a doubt we will be back. Oh and Costas what a legend.

• Like 2

I loved Meatloaf, he told me I was 'too quiet for that hair' haha (it's spikey blonde)

Billy gunn was awesome, ginormous and lovely. 

I enjoyed having my photo with Jason Momoa but feel totally mugged off for paying for his autograph... he didn't even utter a hello to me or anything! Just slid my photo across the desk, signed it and slid it back, whilst giving me a grin. That was it. I even tried talking to him, just to say thanks for being there (because I was a bit taken a back that i didn't even get a Hi) and ... nothing. I was so annoyed at myself for doing it and wasting the money. I mean he wasn't unpleasant, just not at all bothered. It ruined it for me a bit, I wish I'd just stuck with the photo (which I love by the way)!

But, meeting the above mentioned guests and getting photos with David Duchovny & James Callis really made my weekend! (Especially Billy Gunn, he was my highlight!!)

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Liv said:

My interactions with Tom Welling was too perfect for words. :wub: He was so so friendly, he remembered me on Saturday after I gave him his pin on Friday and the hug I got from him was more than I could have dreamt for. And he called me "so sweet" after I had my photo taken with him on Saturday. :wub: 

I loved meeting Tom! I got his autograph on Friday and told him how much I loved Smallville. I also told him my dad adored Lucifer which is his favourite show on TV right now. He asked me if I'd watched it and when I said no he wrote on my autograph "listen to your dad and watch Lucifer!" I sent it to my dad and he loved it.

• Like 2

I had some wonderful interactions with the guests I met, I couldn't be happier with them.

I had a diamond pass for Tom Welling as I've been a fan of his for such a long time and always hoped he's attend a con someday. When I told him this he seemed genuinely humbled and was really kind to me. We had a brief chat about his trip and he thanked me for coming and shook my hand. I was on cloud nine after that. He couldn't have been nicer. When I met him again later for the photoshoot he remembered me and asked how I was doing. The photo came out great, I look like the cat that got the cream in it and his smile is something else! :wub:

Think I have a girl crush on Rose McIver now, she was so sweet. I was waiting in her auto queue for a while as she was taking time to chat to everyone. It was totally worth it though as I had a brilliant chat with her. When I got to her she shook my hand and said "Hi, I'm Rose" which is just adorable. We then talked about izombie and her time at the con, it was a fantastic experience. And she even complemented me on my blouse and remembered me later in the photoshoot. She was a perfect guest for an event like this!

Rahul Kohli was also lovely, I told him how much I like his character in izombie and how I think he's the funniest person on twitter. We talked for a while about some of his recent tweets and about izombie too. He's such a funny guy but also really down to earth and kind. He also remembered me later at his photoshoot.

Zachary Levi was lovely, I only met him for a photo but it was a really nice experience. He said hi and asked me how I was and thanked me after the photo was taken.(and I got a hug in the photo) Wish I could've got his autograph but unfortunately I ran out of funds, hope he comes back in the future!

Jason Momoa seems so cool, and he looks amazing! I only met him very briefly for a photo and I was batch 19 of 20 and the shoot overran so it was a bit rushed. He still said hi to me though and when I thanked him after our photo was taken he smiled at me and gave me a nod which was nice.

47 minutes ago, Agent Bristow said:

I had some wonderful interactions with the guests I met, I couldn't be happier with them.

I had a diamond pass for Tom Welling as I've been a fan of his for such a long time and always hoped he's attend a con someday. When I told him this he seemed genuinely humbled and was really kind to me. We had a brief chat about his trip and he thanked me for coming and shook my hand. I was on cloud nine after that. He couldn't have been nicer. When I met him again later for the photoshoot he remembered me and asked how I was doing. The photo came out great, I look like the cat that got the cream in it and his smile is something else! :wub:

Tom remembered me too! He's great at remembering all his fans he's met, especially with how many he would have met throughout the whole weekend! I was also on cloud 9! :wub: 

• Like 1

Yesterday Costas approached me. I was hanging around near his table but off to the side about 15 minutes before his photoshoot, on my phone, and I looked up to see him coming over to me from his table to compliment the Saw bag I was carrying! He then stood and talked to me for a few minutes before giving me a hug and heading back to his table. I'm just stunned that the tables got turned and HE approached ME of his own accord that one time!

I have more interactions with him from the weekend but I'm still not calm enough to put them all into words.

• Like 2

lucykemp21, I agree about Jason Momoa. Yes, he signed quick which was good for getting the queues down. However there was the impression it was a bit of a 'factory line' to it. Him just signing without much thought as to what he was doing and the person he was signing for.

So many guests this year and every one was a great interaction no matter how brief.

Peter Capaldi talking about the experience of long drives from Scotland to London (which we have both done many times) and him being amazed we left at 3am on Friday to allow us to squeeze an extra afternoon in and that I was heading back at 6pm on Sunday.

Sam Neil for not just agreeing to let my disabled partner have an autograph before he nipped off for a much needed loo break, but actually taking time to talk to her despite his urgent “need.”

Meat Loaf for his tale of why he only signs the white exhaust fumes coming from the bike on the Bat Out of Hell Album cover after we tried to give him a white pen to sign it at the top. He said when he was given the first image to approve and the exhaust had flames coming out of it. He jokingly said to take the flames out and make it white so he’d have somewhere to sign it. He then said “45 million copies later I’m still using the white bit”

Julien Glover for remembering me from when I sat next to him at dinner with him, Paul Blake and Ian Hanmore at a hotel before <cough> another event that wasn’t a Showmasters event <cough> back in March.

David tennant as we come from Bathgate which is where he was born, he kept us there for a while (much to the annoyance of the people behind I’m sure, sorry) talking about the place and how it looks now since he left and whether or not certain shops were still there. Found out he learned to drive on the roads around our house and he lived about 3 minutes from where we live.

Jason Momoa laughing when he eventually realised after a few failed attempts to shake my hand and then fist bump me, that I was actually just asking him for my expensive paint pen back which he was still holding on to.

Simon Bisley for keeping my Graphic Novel under his easel for a few hours on Saturday until the paint pen spillage that happened when he signed it dried out.

So many others. I’m bound to remember something else soon. Look out for the edits when they come back to me

• Like 1

I have been going to such events and conventions for years and met amazing people but a highlight for me was James Caan a personal idol of mine ...... having said that - I think this year at LFCC - every single person I met was amazing and I had the most fab inter-actions:-

James Caan - a Legend.  I got to ask him a question (about John Wayne) at his talk on Friday.  What an amazing answer - what an incredible talk. As for his photo shoot - after stating how honoured I was to meet him he whispered "Thank you Sweetheart".  I melted. What a guy - what an actor - what a star !!!

Peter Weller - up there in the Hollywood icon listings is this man.  Again, I managed to get a question answered (about Hawaii 50) at his talk. Ask anyone who was at that talk on Saturday and they will simply say it was .... amazing. Brilliant.  At his signing, we talked so much about a film I recommended to him at his talk, that he forgot to personalise his photo !!  I don't care - I have a great reason why he forgot - we were chatting too much being nerdy film buffs.

Shane Rimmer - a childhood hero of mine.  I love  this man. He has done movies galore and I realised at young age that he was the man who voiced Scott Tracey when I saw him in a movie.  Having acted with my idol, James Caan, in "Rollerball" - he was always special. Remembered me at the photo shoot and was so gentle.  An absolute sweetheart of a gentleman.  Thanks to the lady with him - his wife I believe - who took a photo of me with him at his desk which I did not even ask for but of course I said "yes please" .. he chuckled when I whispered I loved him in "Hanover Street". Magic.

Lance Henriksen - what can I say about Lance Henriksen.  A true and absolute star.  Charming, polite, funny, and so very accomplished and interesting.  He chatted about my love for his film, "The Right Stuff" and experimented writing his name on his Frank Black Photo. (around the side of the picture).  The gentleman he is, Mr Henriksen stood as I shook his hand. A True Star.

Matt Zimmerman - charming, dapper and an absolute scream.  I had the best fun chatting to Matt.  He enjoyed so much talking to me about the series UFO after I pointed out I had met the late great Michael Billington who he was pictured with on one of his photos.  He seemed very amused that I knew all about the episode.  He was absolutely a great fun guy who did not hesitate to jump up from his desk to have a photo done with me.  A gentleman.

Johnny Whitworth - smashing.  Quite simply, Smashing.  I explained, that for personal reasons - I have missed or lost track of many shows over the last three years or so and I have had many box-sets of programmes given to me by relations and friends - one being "The 100".  I did not realise he was in it and I was greatly chuffed to find out he was !!!  He seemed genuinely taken aback and touched that I liked him so much that I was looking forward to continuing the series as he was going to be in it. It pleased me to think I made him happy.

I have never ever written like this about one of these shows before on the forum (this is only my second ever post !!) but I have to admit - all my photos are great, even my pictures around the event it self are super - and I had the most amazing chats.... I even got emotional after meeting Mr Caan which has never, ever, happened to me.  Loved. Every. Second.    

Edited by Suzieannie
Did not bold a name
  • Like 2

Think I have said most of this in another topic but meh whatever I'm bored lol

Danny Shorago: Great guy was in the process of getting into costume for his photoshoot when I got my autograph. He was really chatty and always tried to make people around him laugh. He even remembered me at the photoshoot saying 'Oh you again' when it was my turn for a photo. I managed to shake hands with him and loved my photo I had with him. Its great to see a voice actor in full costume. One of my biggest highlights for sure! I just need to start playing some Fallout 4 now so I know who the character he was dressed as actually is lol

Matt Smith: Getting a hug from him and 2 awesome photos was a definite highlight for me. Matt is my favourite in Doctor Who, has been my favourite Doctor for many years now, I'm not afraid to admit I almost cried when I actually saw him there standing in front of me lol :wub:

James Caan: Was really great at the photoshoot was shaking everyone's hand (which lead to a lovely picture) and he seemed genuinely happy to be there.

David Duchovny: Managed to get a fist pump with him at the autograph table.

Peter Davison: Really friendly guy. Met him 3 times now and every time I have loved meeting him. During his photo he was shaking hands with everyone, he even grabbed my as if he where going to hug me or something which was unexpected but made for a nice photo.

Steven Seagal: Shook hands with him at his autograph table.

Tbh every guest was great some more reserved than others but overall they where great! I have to admit (kind of off-topic here but) having never been to Olympia before I do love the layout with the Merchandise downstairs and guests upstairs, really makes things much more easier to navigate the place and puts other events I have been to in shame really.

For my first ever con Rose McIver was a dream when she asked if i was alright as I looked nervous XD then gave me a hug to say I was star struck is unreal 

sam Neill was equally as amazing even apologised about the green screen shoot and said we have excellent names XD (my names sam as well :P ) shook his hand and told him what an honour it was to meet him and he replied no no the honour is all mine seeing all my fans what a guy :D 

Rahul Kohli well he took pics of my gaming sleeve and put it on his Instagram and we stood there for a good 10 minutes at his autograph table having a full blown convo :D 

loved every minute of the con and met and met some lovely people famous and non famous :D 

• Like 2

I only met Sam Neill and William Hope this weekend. Both really friendly.

Sam Neill - I introduced myself as I got his autograph and he replied "G'day Matt". Asked how his weekend had been so far and he looked up and smiled "adventurous", I then cracked a joke about it being 'an adventure 65 million years in the making', pointing to the tagline of the Jurassic Park poster I was getting signed. He laughed but not sure if it was an awkward laugh!

The next day he shook my hand and thanked me for coming during the photo-shoot. Top gentleman!

William Hope - Shook my hand and said hello. Said he liked the t-shirt I was wearing. I then said to enjoy the rest of his weekend and he said you too.

• Like 2

Tom Vaughan-Lawlor was so lovely. Couldn’t believe it when I went to get his autograph and he had no queue. Stood chatting for ages about things like the weather, lack of sleep caused by children, did I have a favourite Avenger etc. Such a nice guy.

Peter Davison’s face when he was looking through the panto programme I gave him to sign was amazing.

And the photo sessions with Meatloaf, Sam Neill, Tom Welling and Arthur Darvill .... all great experiences. 

• Like 2