Guest interactions.

So I’d like to hear what kind of interactions people had with guests that particularly either made their day or made them smile/laugh.

For me the first was James Caan during the photo shoot who was very friendly and said to me “if you don’t know what to do with all your hair then give me some you son of a b....”

Catherine Bach made hair related conversation and then said “you have lovely hair” asked “how do you keep your hair so great, what do you put on it?” Me: lamest answer ever, nothing I just wash it regularly. Then the photographer wanted the next person to step in for their photo at which point Catherine laughed and said “no, we have things to talk about!”

Tom Wopat asked my name, I introduced myself as Matt, he slapped his hand on my back and shouted MATTHEW!

All great interactions that made my day the little bit more pleasant.

What about anyone else?

• Like 6

Tom Baker commenting on my 7th Doctor cosplay, saying “Sylvester would be pleased”

Andrew Cartmell asking for a photo with me as the 7th Doctor and inviting me for a sit down and chat.

Peter Capaldi mentioning my hometown Cromer as part of his personalisation.

Edited by Sebster118
  • Like 3

I had a phot shoot with James Caan yesterday and I was walking up to him and he says “F#ck your big. Listen, if I pick a fight, you got my back right? Just not a fight with you cause you would kill me” and had a good laugh. He was awesome. Just for reference I am 6ft 5in and 330lbs so yeah I am a giant. Devon Murray called me Hagrid today. 

• Like 10

Quite a few:

Tom Welling and John Schneider: both remembering me from different parts of the day during the duo photo op. Tom as I’d just seen him in the autograph queue and got him to sign my Chris Reeve letter, John as I’d asked a question during his talk. Had to go back round again when there was a camera fault and we repeated everything without skipping a beat (shows good memories they have with that level of attention to detail). Then seeing John again later in his autograph queue, seemed truly humbled reading the letter and we traded our Chris Reeve experiences despite not having met him.

James Callis: brilliant too as we both think we look awful in photos but ours was surprisingly good, so we both felt smug about it.

Jewel Staite: remembered my tweet to her from when she was announced, insanely good memory as that was back in February! She loved our photo too.

Rose McIver: see here. Spent more time worrying about me that I was drinking enough as I cannot sweat below my neck... then apologised for channeling my mother!:lol:

Meatloaf: said I was smart, funny AND a sex god (like him).

Meat%20Loaf_zpsxpzdse0k.png

Well “Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad” I guess...:lol:

Edited by robmoriarty
replacing photobucket links
  • Like 13

52 minutes ago, REL1203 said:

I had a phot shoot with James Caan yesterday and I was walking up to him and he says “F#ck your big. Listen, if I pick a fight, you got my back right? Just not a fight with you cause you would kill me” and had a good laugh. He was awesome. Just for reference I am 6ft 5in and 330lbs so yeah I am a giant. Devon Murray called me Hagrid today. 

Love it! And this rings a bell, I’m sure I heard him saying this yesterday so I can’t have been far behind you in the queue!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

Quite a few:

Tom Welling and John Schneider: both remembering me from different parts of the day during the duo photo op. Tom as I’d just seen him in the autograph queue and got him to sign my Chris Reeve letter, John as I’d asked a question during his talk. Had to go back round again when there was a camera fault and we repeated everything without skipping a beat (shows good memories they have with that level of attention to detail). Then seeing John again later in his autograph queue, seemed truly humbled reading the letter and we traded our Chris Reeve experiences despite not having met him.

James Callis: brilliant too as we both think we look awful in photos but ours was surprisingly good, so we both felt smug about it.

Jewel Staite: remembered my tweet to her from when she was announced, insanely good memory as that was back in February! She loved our photo too.

Rose McIver: see here. Spent more time worrying about me that I was drinking enough as I cannot sweat below my neck... then apologised for channeling my mother!:lol:

Meatloaf: said I was smart, funny AND a sex god (like him).

Meat%20Loaf_zpsxpzdse0k.png

Well “Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad” I guess...:lol:

Fantastic stuff! Especially the channeling your mother and the Meat Loaf sex god bit!

2 minutes ago, SilvaNemesis said:

Love it! And this rings a bell, I’m sure I heard him saying this yesterday so I can’t have been far behind you in the queue!

We must have been cause I remember hearing him say your story as well, so hello line buddy :) 

• Like 1

Photoshoot with Lance Henriksen, saw me and asked for a box to stand on :D.

Amber Rose Revah complementing my Punisher t-shirt.

Zachary Levi freaking out over the Shazam comic I had him sign then  bursting out with laughter after I asked did he ever figure out how to pee in the costume.

• Like 4

All the guests I met this year were fantastic and the only one I couldn't get a photo with, was Tony Robinson.

Ray Park was brilliant at the photoshoot and at the table. First image the pen was running out, so he signed another image and told me to keep the original.

Tony Robinson was a good laugh. I spotted his board said "Tim Team" so I pointed it out and asked him who Tim was. He thought it was brilliant and wanted to find someone who's actually called Tim Team. Really nice guy and a lot of time for his fans, even if the crew were trying to hurry him up.

Edited by AndyDrums
Corrections
  • Like 3

Chatting to Rose McIver about her Christmas film and she told me, how she was doing another one on Netflix.

Paige loved my B&W TMNT picture and was so nice at photo and autograph session.

Johnny Whitworth he was such real nice person to meet.

Envyious was really nice, really chatty, felt like you could stay there and chat, but then realize that you got other people to meet.

• Like 1

Tom Welling being so kind and complimentary about the drawing I was getting him to sign and then recognising me later during the photo op.

Lance henriksen being so chatty and friendly (joked that his wife at the time of the quick and the dead wasn't complaining about his costume for that :lol:) and asking if it was ok if he put his arm around me for our photo (I was just like, uh hell yeah yes please thank you :lol:)

Ray fisher being such a sweetheart, when I thanked him for attending he said it was a reciprocal thing and that he loves meeting folks and is thankful to them for coming out to see him.

Sam Neill existing :wub:

Lots of other lovely little moments but I've waffled enough ;)

• Like 5

Yeah, have to second what people saying about Ray Park, I'd met him previously but he was allowed to be a lot more "free form" and chatty here, and the topics just went from one to another as each person (and the people immediately behind them) got to his desk. Hence the photos I took of him, as the poor staff member was trying to get the portable fan working in the heat, and he "buffed" himself up as Mark Henry approached his desk :lol:

• Like 2

All Tom welling, John Schneider, ray park, Rory mcann, Iwan Rheon, Isaac Hempstead Wright, katie Leung, Devon Murray, Matt wood, Zachary Levi and Staz Nair was amazing.

ive got to say that Staz Nair surprised me, he was one of the best guests I’ve ever met, such a nice, funny and genuine person!! So glad I chose to meet him. 

• Like 4

David Tennant, laughing hard when my partner said 'Youre my favourite Hamlet, much better than Bumblesnatch guy'. He was a lovely lovely guy.

Peter Capaldi taking the time to talk through my Tardis poster signatures.

Jason Momoa's photo with my OH. Made her weekend and she loved his Phi Zappa Krappa shirt, for which she got a wink and a smile.

Ray Park, who chatted about Sleepy Hollow as I was the first person to give him something to sign from the film. He wrote a mini essay on my poster. Special mention to him as well for the time he took with the young fans. 

Jewel Staite, having a great laugh with us about Firefly Flux.

Photobombing my own Tom Baker photo up, which made Tom laugh.

James Callis, wonderfully chatty and had a discussion about why Eureka was renamed here in the UK, and Archimedes. 

Helen Atkinson Wood, we had a great laugh about my dedication which involved some parts of a horses anatomy and a bread roll. 

Edited by Tom Beaker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

So Costas. My man. My main bestie. I met him both days, multiple times. He remembered me from when I met him in 2015, amazingly. He was happy to chat and pose for photos and gave me so many hugs. I did get somewhat emotional at one point during the day yesterday when I went back to see him and he pulled me into a tight hug and told me he appreciated me. Today at several points he came out from his table to talk to me when his queue went down. I know I'm biased but my god what a lovely human being. 

Eugene Brave Rock deserves so much praise, honestly. What an incredible man. After we talked a bit while getting his autograph, I bumped into him while he was walking around the venue because he was getting restless being sat at his table. Long story short we ended up walking around the upstairs area together for about 20 minutes, just looking at the comic and art stalls and talking! Today I went to his photoshoot and there were only six people myself included. I went back to say hello to him after that and I hoped to say goodbye before I left but he wasn't there. 

Aidan Turner has the most contagious smile! I was amazed how bubbly and smiley he was considering how swamped he was and how exhausted he must have been. I got a good handshake and a very quick but sweet chat at his table.

I said hello to Ellie Kendrick while passing by and she remembered me from Birmingham, which was a nice surprise! She quoted the conversation we had about my job which even I didn't remember.

• Like 3