Any Steven Seagal pics or stories?

I didn't meet him, but in my Jason Momoa shoot on Sunday morning, just before I was going to step forward a load of really massive guys came into the shoot and Jason broke away to go over to them, say hi etc and I wasn't sure what was going on until I realised one of them was Steven Segal. He stepped forward and the photographer took some photos of him & Jason and then they left. So that was kind of unexpected and cool! :) 

It's hard to say what he was like as he hardly bothered conversing with anyone. On Saturday we waited close to an hour for him to return from a small 10 minute break. Showmasters eventually found him in some room, chilling, in stead of being at the autograph booth where he was supposed to be. No personalisations even though he had plenty of time. I can't help but think that LFCC was the last place he wanted to be.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bhup said:

He sat tilted to the side for mine. Looks like he's farting and letting it breathe. Weirdly I  prefer how odd it looks. It's different for sure.

BEST. POST.EVER -I nearly let one off when I read this! :))

• Like 1

On 7/29/2018 at 12:39 AM, Mayhem said:

Maybe I’m remembering wrongly. Or maybe it was Famke Jansen. There was an infamous photo session 2-3 years back, the regulars here  should recall who I mean...

Famke was very muted a couple of years back, didn't say anything, and wasn't very expressive.... but that was, I heard later, due to the fact she'd broken a rib or some such. 

2 hours ago, Jessen said:

Famke was very muted a couple of years back, didn't say anything, and wasn't very expressive.... but that was, I heard later, due to the fact she'd broken a rib or some such. 

Yes she was a bit “rabbit in the headlights” so to speak during the photo shoot. I found her fine and my photo was great but the complaints at the time were that she didn’t acknowledge those in the photo with her, even when they spoke to her - just stared ahead at the camera...

Yeah , it was Famke , 2 yrs ago . She sat there with her mobile phone , did not even look at me, took the photo , no touching , no talking etc . Then when it was done , she took her mobile again . The thing about the rib is that I don’t think it was something wrong with is , as Jeremey Renner did lift her up at the talk and she did not say anything then . She should have had a lot of pain when he did that . I had the same feeling with Steven this Saturday . Sat in his chair at the photo shoot , did not watch at you , not interested at all . I asked to shake his hand in the photo , and we did that . But many other just sat beside him and he did not say or do anything ....

• Like 2

I always found the photoshoots to be very impersonal and could never understand why anyone would want one. Steven probably felt like he was being treated like a piece of meat or even a tourist attraction. Although he could have not felt that way if only he lightened up and tried to have fun.

2 hours ago, nicky said:

I always found the photoshoots to be very impersonal and could never understand why anyone would want one. Steven probably felt like he was being treated like a piece of meat or even a tourist attraction. Although he could have not felt that way if only he lightened up and tried to have fun.

If he did feel he was being treated like a piece of meat, at £75 a photo that would be a fillet steak or Kobe beef presumably...

• Haha 2

Here's mine, it's hideous. Not that I profess to be photogenic myself, but apparently I put Seagal to sleep whilst I did my awkward looking smile, his eyes are clearly shut. It's normally me who has the closed eyes on photos, but not this time! I spoke to him and he just looked at me and didn't respond (rude) and then once it was done, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I also took part whenever it was in the Famke Janssen shoot and I have to say, there was no comparison with her and this. This was the most awful, uncomfortable photo-shoot moment I've ever had at Showmasters event in over ten years of attending - and that's the truth!

37999971_466723610458964_386990445441318

Edited by SilvaNemesis
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SilvaNemesis said:

Here's mine, it's hideous. Not that I profess to be photogenic myself, but apparently I put Seagal to sleep whilst I did my awkward looking smile, his eyes are clearly shut. It's normally me who has the closed eyes on photos, but not this time! I spoke to him and he just looked at me and didn't respond (rude) and then once it was done, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I also took part whenever it was in the Famke Janssen shoot and I have to say, there was no comparison with her and this. This was the most awful, uncomfortable photo-shoot moment I've ever had at Showmasters event in over ten years of attending - and that's the truth!

Yip definitely closed!

8 hours ago, SilvaNemesis said:

Maybe he's meditating? 

• Haha 1

Although serious question QS, given I deliberately went into absolutely no specifics... what is the difference between me posting about what one professional actor had to think about another professional actor, and everyone here who has attended the show and has less than nice things to say about meeting a particular guest?

14 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Although serious question QS, given I deliberately went into absolutely no specifics... what is the difference between me posting about what one professional actor had to think about another professional actor, and everyone here who has attended the show and has less than nice things to say about meeting a particular guest?

What your saying is Slander... or using hearsay. Every one who posted on here, talk about their experience good or bad, you can't go around saying this guest says this about this guest. I suggest you stop saying it, Your on SM forum and it has no place here... hope that helps, if not then look it up. 

What the Camel says.

There have been lawsuits trying to hold owners of forums responsible for not removing such comments. It had nothing to do with your post being negative, you simply went over a line.

The mods have left quite a lot of not so positive experiences on because they were based on personal experiences at the convention. None of those were hearsay and none had the same content or even close to same.

Hmmm... point noted. I had an inkling the S (or L) word was going to get mentioned. So first, an apology. Although I wasn’t expecting such a stern response, although I’m astute enough to realise why, even though I don’t think I warranted it. Be glad I’m not John :blink: as a moderator elsewhere, I know your job must be way harder than mine with the popularity, but that still doesn’t prevent people not getting pissed at you. As said, I’m not that person either because I’ve seen both sides.

On a related note, even though it’s not the forum, someone might want to have a trawl through the Facebook feedback thread for the event, as there are some horrendous things being said there, especially about one particular guest’s handler.

18 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Hmmm... point noted. I had an inkling the S (or L) word was going to get mentioned. So first, an apology. Although I wasn’t expecting such a stern response, although I’m astute enough to realise why, even though I don’t think I warranted it. Be glad I’m not John :blink: as a moderator elsewhere, I know your job must be way harder than mine with the popularity, but that still doesn’t prevent people not getting pissed at you. As said, I’m not that person either because I’ve seen both sides.

On a related note, even though it’s not the forum, someone might want to have a trawl through the Facebook feedback thread for the event, as there are some horrendous things being said there, especially about one particular guest’s handler.

They can't do anything about facebook posts unless it's on their own pages and I think most of the comments are on a fan group, unless I'm mistaken?