Diamond Pass Numbering Query

We’ve asked multiple crew members and we’re getting different answers so I thought I’d try on here.

The crew have said there are 360ish diamond passes for Peter Capaldi today. He has photo shoots for about an hour and a half now and he was still only at 1-200 diamond at 3:30. 

The crew member at the end of his queue said that tomorrow the autograph queue would continue where it left off today. So say he gets to 250 diamond passes today, it would start from 250 diamond tomorrow and then loads of vqts would get through. Two other crew members also said this would happen and that the 360 passes is split over 2 days.

However, another crew member said there are 360 diamond passes for today and another separate lot of passes for tomorrow (so his autograph queue would go back to diamond 0-50 in the morning).

Can we get a definite answer from someone because he’s very unlikely to get to any VQTs today and we want to know if that could be the same tomorrow (if he has another couple of hundred diamond passes, plus he has his talk and the group doctors photo).

I would say the first crew member was correct... there are 360 in total. DP is NOT just for a day, it's for all the activities across the event. You are guaranteed an autograph, but not on a particular day, the lower the number, the earlier you can be seen in general. If they don't get through everyone with a DP on one day, everyone else with a DP will have to try again the next day. The talk is normally fixed for a certain day.

If there are 360 DP in play, I can say there is a certainly that ONLY the DP holders will get seen. Happened to Benedict Cumberbatch iirc. I'd say queue early tomorrow, but be prepared that a VQ is not going to be sufficient.

Edited by Mayhem

5 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

I would say the first crew member was correct... there are 360 in total. DP is NOT just for a day, it's for all the activities across the event. You are guaranteed an autograph, but not on a particular day, the lower the number, the earlier you can be seen in general. If they don't get through everyone with a DP on one day, everyone else with a DP will have to try again the next day. The talk is normally fixed for a certain day.

If there are 360 DP in play, I can say there is a certainly that ONLY the DP holders will get seen. Happened to Benedict Cumberbatch iirc. I'd say queue early tomorrow, but be prepared that a VQ is not going to be sufficient.

I’ve just asked again and they’ve said there are sunday diamonds tomorrow too so there’ll be more than 360

Given my number for Capaldi, I'm glad to hear it is the first one, although my similar number for Eccleston has me more concerned now. I have a low Matt Smith one so he is less of a problem (theoretically). My pass specifically says Sunday, presumably because of the photo selected at checkout. It is worth pointing out that Capaldi's DPs are still on sale at the time of writing.

So Peter had 360ish Saturday diamond passes today and only got through 240. His queue is closed at 6pm even if you have a diamond pass below 240.

The crew are saying the remaining 120 will get through first tomorrow and then the Sunday diamonds will go through.

but the thing is he has less signing time tomorrow than today. He has a talk and he has the group doctor photo. So if he didn’t get through his diamonds today he won’t tomorrow.

There’s no point even buying a sunday diamond pass for him now because it won’t guarantee the autograph, like the 120 who had saturday tickets and didn’t get it today.

So frustrating as I have VQT 6 for him. 

Just out of interest, let's say you were only going on Saturday with a Peter Capaldi diamond pass and you don't get your autograph (or your photo, although that's perhaps less likely). Do you get any kind of refund, given that your so-called 'guaranteed autograph' didn't happen. Admittedly in this instance you wouldn't get the talk either so there's that too, although that was clear from the information.

Just spoke to another crew member who is taking Peter’s payment and she thinks it is 360 diamonds across the weekend. So there’ll be only 120 diamonds left to do.

Wish we could get a definite answer because half are saying it’s 360 for the weekend half are saying it’s 360 today and another few hundred tomorrow. HELPPP

8 minutes ago, Sam_Carter96 said:

So Peter had 360ish Saturday diamond passes today and only got through 240. His queue is closed at 6pm even if you have a diamond pass below 240.

The crew are saying the remaining 120 will get through first tomorrow and then the Sunday diamonds will go through.

but the thing is he has less signing time tomorrow than today. He has a talk and he has the group doctor photo. So if he didn’t get through his diamonds today he won’t tomorrow.

There’s no point even buying a sunday diamond pass for him now because it won’t guarantee the autograph, like the 120 who had saturday tickets and didn’t get it today.

So frustrating as I have VQT 6 for him. 

I think I remember reading you can't transfer VQTs to the next day, in any case.

1 minute ago, R4wly97 said:

Does this mean that even though I've got a DP with Peter I might not seen him at all tomorrow?

Hey seeing as he is your only guest, except David, go there first thing. We went to his desk asap, he didn't show up and only got there in time for his photoshoot. They gave us tickets saying we were in the queue waiting and when we came back later they let us near the front because we had waited for ages before.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

Hey seeing as he is your only guest, except David, go there first thing. We went to his desk asap, he didn't show up and only got there in time for his photoshoot. They gave us tickets saying we were in the queue waiting and when we came back later they let us near the front because we had waited for ages before.

Thanks for the info, yeah I'm going to try and get to his am photoshoot if I can, as long as I get to meet him with my DP that's all that matters to me!

If you have a Diamond Pass and did not see Peter today you WILL see him tomorrow. I promise on my favourite Ben Browder autograph.

There's only one type of Diamond Pass. ONE. It is split in two groups with one group having Saturday photos and one group having Sunday photos. There is no difference between the two groups for autographs, those are strictly by number. 

We have always warned not all Diamond autographs may be signed the first day. This has happened now.

This is official and confirmed. What this crew member is supposedly telling people is not correct. Please stop spreading it, there is a major panic already.

I have no idea where those numbers come from and even if they should be real I frankly doubt they were supposed to be discussed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

If you have a Diamond Pass and did not see Peter today you WILL see him tomorrow. I promise on my favourite Ben Browder autograph.

There's only one type of Diamond Pass. ONE. It is split in two groups with one group having Saturday photos and one group having Sunday photos. There is no difference between the two groups for autographs, those are strictly by number. 

We have always warned not all Diamond autographs may be signed the first day. This has happened now.

This is official and confirmed. What this crew member is supposedly telling people is not correct. Please stop spreading it, there is a major panic already.

I have no idea where those numbers come from and even if they should be real I frankly doubt they were supposed to be discussed.

Sorry for any panic caused but it wasn’t just one crew member. About 4 said 360 was across the two days and 4 said it was 360 today and a new lot tomorrow starting at 0. One of the crew members who said this was one of the ones who wears their own clothes instead of a red or blue crew t shirt, so it wasn’t just a new crew member making the mistake.

It’s just hard when you’ve asked so many people for a definite answer and it’s a 50/50 split. 

You have it in writing in several places, we explained it 10.000 times here. You have been part of a lot of these threads. This could have been solved easier and faster had you asked a Pit Boss straight away, or gone to the organisers booth instead of asking 8 crew members. Then crew would also have been able to stop this information being spread further.

I realize the mods have seemed disconnected from info a couple of times lately, but if something this significant had changed we would have known and immediately put an alert on here. 

By the way: "Own clothes" on a Saturday can also mean a crew member being roped in to help. When I am roped in you'll find me in my own clothes too, and so would were the people that I grabbed from the line to help.

Okay guys, closing here now as people have taken to trolling. 

We have explained countless times how to proceed with issues, but if you choose to ignore our advice unfortunately I can't help it. But I can and will stop you from causing people to panic.

If a Pit Boss is not in sight you can ask a crew member to get one. They may not know who their Pit Boss is exactly at that point, but there are ways to get hold of them. If not: Organisers Booth. Not every crew member in blue shirt within reach. Not random people with crew badges. Not sales table. Organisers Booth.

Neither StuartG nor me are at the venue. I can and will message crew, but as the event is busy they may or may not see my message on time to do anything about your issue. Unless it is a queueing issue outside in the morning it is always your better bet to speak to someone at the venue. I honestly do not expect timely requires to any of my messages tomorrow, but I will of course still try. If you have an issue please give me details. "I am in line X and need to get out because I have a photoshoot at time Y" does not help me. "Sam Neill's line does need extra crowd control." has all info I need. 

Speaking of queueing in the morning: if for some reason you are still in queue and there is danger of you missing your photoshoot please speak to crew there. They will get you in and make sure you get your photo. But you need to tell them, and not rant on Twitter or post on here. 

These are the official rules, confirmed and approved, and have not changed for any of the Diamond Passes.

2 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

• Like 1