Latest Guest Announcement - DAVID TENNANT

I am chuffed I got a diamond but thought it would be a standart photo included and that is apperantly sold out after several hours of refreshing. How about you add him to the Group photo as a bonus perhaps? :) Cheeky  request but would be nice for those of us spending thousands of pounds with you this year.

Edited by InsO

I was one of the first people in the queue after David Tennants announcement. I wanted to buy a Diamond pass ticket as I wanted to guarantee an autograph (I have every other living doctor). Unfortunately due to a a mix of poor planning, announcing David before making sure tickets would be available to buy, the website being over loaded AND staff at the ticket booth operating on the exact same website (so getting locked out with everyone else) I was unable to buy a Diamond Pass at that time. The only thing Staff could access was the photoshoot which I bought as I was told "at least this is guaranteed, you can still exvhange it for a Diamond Pass, come back in half and hour or keep trying online and when you get a diamond pass we'll just do a refund so hold onto the receipt and come back in a bit". When I asked if there was a risk of selling out before then they responded "no... their not available so we're not selling diamond passes at all so their not selling out"

I left for a photoshoot and while queuing for photoshoot got told by people they had successfully bought diamond passes online (3 in fact. Not limited 1 per person as I'd also been informed by staff). When I returned to the desk guess what! They were sold out of Diamond passes. Although I cant be sure of that because what was actually being said online was still "unavailable " and staff refused to try refreshing the page to try and sell any.

The worst part of however is that both the first time I tried to buy a ticket and even while being told they couldn't help me the second time... I witnessed showmasters volunteers who were on breaks or just running through, writing their details down (names etc) on a sheet of paper with "David Tennant" on the top and leaving their credit cards with other volunteers on the ticket sales desk, with the understanding they'd purchase tickets in someone elses names "when the system is working" (diamond and/or photos) then leaving to go back to their own stations while everyone else who wanted a ticket had to wait in queue. I understand that showmasters volunteers are fans forst but it feels like there was an organised abuse of the system here where they were being given preference both in not waiting for tickets and being given the opportunity to get tickets when they became available rather than continuously hittin refresh themselves

I do not know whst happened there exactly. But the volunteers are expected to work through the day and get very limited breaks. Not everyone is working all weekend though so yes, there would be a system in place to give crew a chance too.

This is absolutely not abuse of the system. If that hadn't happened I can actually see crew having walked out.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

No, the contents of the Diamond Pass can't be changed.

thanks anyway she's in a wheelchair and doesn't like what it looks like to have a tardis shoot in her chair so shes gonna stand up and hope david can hold her up well she can hope lol 

Edited by barrowman_angel

I’m still in shock after this announcement, after meeting Peter Capaldi I didn’t expect this day to get any better :lol:

I managed to buy a TARDIS photo and a standard photo at the sales desk - it was hectic but in hindsight it was also priceless to witness all the excitement when Tennant got announced, everyone cheering, people rejoicing when they got their tickets and all. I’ll keep checking back the store app in case a DP becomes available, but I’m pretty satisfied already - since David is my favourite living actor I’m trying to get everything I can :D

Thanks SM for making this show the world’s best event ever for Whovians, we’ll never forget this weekend :wub:

Edited by Nerd Who
  • Like 1

So to clarify is it ok or not ok for volunteers to ask other volunteers "I can't queue because I'm on shift. Take my name written here and my card and order a diamond/photo for me, in my name, but without my presence, while other people are still queuing for another hour the same tickets to become available and I will come collect them after 6pm?

Because thats what I witnessed today. No objection to buying tickets. Its how they maybe got them ahead of other people who were following the rules. If their off tomorrow great for them but today they might have gotten tickets while other people who were queing didn't 

Edited by Calzaki
Added last paragraph clarifying this is about the way they got tickets, not about if they can/cannot

7 minutes ago, Calzaki said:

So to clarify is it ok or not ok for volunteers to ask other volunteers "I can't queue because I'm on shift. Take my name written here and my card and order a diamond/photo for me, in my name, but without my presence, while other people are still queuing for another hour the same tickets to become available and I will come collect them after 6pm?

Because thats what I witnessed today.

I replied to this when you made your other statement. I am afraid there is nothing I can add to that because the mods are not at the venue, and the crew I can get in contact with if they are not too busy are quite busy right now.

EDIT: you do not have the full picture, you only saw details being left. You don't even know if they got tickets and got to 'go ahead'.

I understand you are disappointed you missed out. But deciding the crew is unfair and does not have to play by the rules is wrong and gets people worked up unnecessarily.

Edited by Queen_Sindel
  • Like 1

Really disappointed!
Been refreshing the page since the announcement and couldn't manage to get a diamond pass!

I am will to take the day off work sick to go up there as I am desperate to meet him!

PLEASE! If someone could give me a diamond pass for him! :'( I am proper crying I can't meet him :'(

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, SamJam said:

Really disappointed!
Been refreshing the page since the announcement and couldn't manage to get a diamond pass!

I am will to take the day off work sick to go up there as I am desperate to meet him!

PLEASE! If someone could give me a diamond pass for him! :'( I am proper crying I can't meet him :'(

Passes can not be transferred, sorry.

Just now, Queen_Sindel said:

Passes can not be transferred, sorry.

I really need a diamond pass. I've had a terrible few months with issues at home and have even gone to the Samaritans and was hoping this would change everything around. I really need to meet David Tennant!

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, SamJam said:

I really need a diamond pass. I've had a terrible few months with issues at home and have even gone to the Samaritans and was hoping this would change everything around. I really need to meet David Tennant!

I’m really sorry for you truly I am, and I pray that they will add some more diamond passes so you can meet him 

• Thanks 1

And they're out. I had the worst experience with the Sales Desk crew today. Could have got David's photo. But was sorting things out there for more than two hours and when we finally got to a conclusion they were sold out. So disappointing. He was and is my favourite Doctor. And despite queuing for 2.5 hours to solve one simple issue I had to leave because the venue was closing. Well, the day started great wkth Capaldis shoot. Ended terribly. I don't want to be rude or anything, I was coming to Showmasters events a lot, but todays experience with the crew was a disaster. My mood is destroyed for tomorrow. Don't know what to do now :unsure: And the most disappointing thing is that I spoke to 6 crew members on that matter, one with a red shirt and one with a black one (bossy type I guess) and the only one of them appologised for the situation and that was an ordinary blue shirted crew member. O am devastated.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, SamJam said:

I'm truly sorry. There is absolutely nothing I can do besides hopung more passes may get added.

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I'm truly sorry. There is absolutely nothing I can do besides hopung more passes may get added.

How!? It's tomorrow and I need to let work know if i'm going in, who I can even ask about more passes!?

7 minutes ago, fanowaty said:

And they're out. I had the worst experience with the Sales Desk crew today. Could have got David's photo. But was sorting things out there for more than two hours and when we finally got to a conclusion they were sold out. So disappointing. He was and is my favourite Doctor. And despite queuing for 2.5 hours to solve one simple issue I had to leave because the venue was closing. Well, the day started great wkth Capaldis shoot. Ended terribly. I don't want to be rude or anything, I was coming to Showmasters events a lot, but todays experience with the crew was a disaster. My mood is destroyed for tomorrow. Don't know what to do now :unsure: And the most disappointing thing is that I spoke to 6 crew members on that matter, one with a red shirt and one with a black one (bossy type I guess) and the only one of them appologised for the situation and that was an ordinary blue shirted crew member. O am devastated.

@fanowaty I’m really gutted for you and everyone who has missed out on this, believe me I’ve missed out on meeting David before so I know what it’s like :crying:

3 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@fanowaty I’m really gutted for you and everyone who has missed out on this, believe me I’ve missed out on meeting David before so I know what it’s like :crying:

And he is like my favourite one. I could just meet him and nobody else. Now how am I supposed to be hapoy about Eccleston, Smith and McGann tomorrow knowing that there is Tennant next door and I can't see him? 

And all of that could have happened if not some very unhelpful crew members.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, fanowaty said:

And he is like my favourite one. I could just meet him and nobody else. Now how am I supposed to be hapoy about Eccleston, Smith and McGann tomorrow knowing that there is Tennant next door and I can't see him? 

And all of that could have happened if not some very unhelpful crew members.

Could you try and get a low vq for him?