Latest Guest Announcement - DAVID TENNANT

10 hours ago, SamA96 said:

I'm not entirely sure why David doesn't do a whole load of conventions over here in the UK I mean I'd argue he is more in demand over here than across the transatlantic. 

Usually a number of reasons which I don’t think I can go into detail without breaching forum policies except to say that work commitments could be one of many possible reasons.

27 minutes ago, Dave[BE] said:

It's ok, I don't care anymore. I love LFCC but this forum is a bit over-protected.

In another thead I tried locating a trader who sold special jewelry at LFCC. I wanted to surprise my wife for her birthday.

Some one said he/she knew who it was, yet sharing links was not allowed.

PM's are not enabled. It's impossible to track some one down when needed.

(Why do I even bother)

I shared a few photos in a thread about cosplay. Deleted my post and removed the pics.

Don't care anymore. LFCC is great and I will be back. This forum however, is a dud.

If you feel that way I can't persuade you otherwise Dave, but it's not harsh, there's only a couple of hard and fast rules to really follow, one of which is not naming or providing details of other events and you will find there's barely any other companies out there that will let you freely discuss other events on their own pages so LFCC/Showmasters is far from unique in that respect.

Edited by Raylenth

You can't discuss other Events on here. That translates to: No Website links (that's an instant post edit), no Dates, no info that could make the Event traceable on Google. Sorry, but those are the Forum rules. Raylenth has already said it, SM is not unique with those rules.

Yes, we lost a Dave. Because ignoring the Forum rules, yelling at the mods, insulting said mods and claiming untrue Things is not accepted on here either.

We don't exactly jump at newbies accidentally posting Event info. If someone keeps insisting that they need to post it here because the rules are crap (and more than once at that) then yes, eventually the satin gloves will come off. Some People prompt faster removal of the gloves than others.

This post we supposedly deleted was moved into the main Picture Topic, simply because it belongs there and 200 "cosplay Pictures" Topics get confusing. It's gone now because the new ban Settings currently hide all Posts. I am looking at changing that.

The most sad Thing is that post about Traders where the mods supposedly hid a Response to him. The Response was NOT to his enquiry. I thought that was clear, but apparently not. I specifically allowed him to post his Facebook for contact, which he never did. So in order to help because I can't simply pass on user e-mails I e-mailed him asking if I could pass on his info to the one Person who did actually reply - no guarantee there would be a reaction to that, but best I could do - and there was no Response whatsoever to this. I did the absolute Maximum I could do and then this.     

This is definitely one of the days why the *bleep* I even bother.

Closing here as we now have drifted as far away from the Topic as possible.

If you have any issues with rules please bring them to the Attention of the Office. It's their decision in the end, the mods are only front line enforcing them.

To those who have complained that such rants like I posted do more harm than good: if People would just accept the rules that SM had set or at least would listen the first time they are told "sorry, but no" there would be no need for this.