10 x 8 policy change ?

Has the policy changed for 10 x 8 and when did it change?

I've been going to showmasters events since 2003 and I've never had a issue like today. 

Whenever I've had bought a personal item to be signed. I've always been allowed to pick up a 10 x 8 as well to keep but not get signed. 

All of the guests I've been to today. I've been allowed to pick up a 10 x 8. 

Today I got 2 autos from rose and wasn't even allowed to take one 10 x 8. I was told because I've bought my own personal item.

I've complained about it at information desk and been told that it's standard. So why have I never come across it in 15 years of going to showmasters events? 

Just now, Tom Beaker said:

Thought the cost of the auto included a photo?

If you need it. As I say, usually you will be allowed to take one anyway, but occasionally you may be asked not to, just to make sure there are enough to last the whole weekend.

When guests are really busy then yes, sometimes crew will ask you not to take a photo when you have a personal item. I've only ever encountered it a handful of times in the 16 years I have been attending, but it is not totally unheard of.

You may have seen a lot of photos on the desk, but that says nothing about how many pictures they have remaining. They may have noticed yesterday Rose's photos were depleting much faster than expected or something like this.

1 minute ago, hobbitfanatic said:

So did I that's why I was upset and the fact I bought 2 autos and wasn't even allowed to take one 10 x 8. It was only 10.30 and there was stacks of pictures.  

There's a long time between 10:30 Sat and close of play Sun. It may have just been the crew member being a little paranoid about running out, but as far as I know that has always been the official policy.

I had this problem a few years ago. I bought a book to be signed by a guest and thought I could take a 10x8 but I was told to put it back by the crew member sitting with the guest. They still had plenty of photos though when I did this.

3 minutes ago, andrewrolar said:

I got my Rose McIver photo shoot photo signed yesterday and was offered a 10 x 8 to take as well. 

Ok, so maybe if they were doing that yesterday, they are a little lower on stock than expected so are cutting back today. Usually you don't get offered one, but can take one if you wish. So many people bring their own items to be signed these days, if they give one out to everybody as a matter of course, they would have to order a lot more prints for everybody.

48 minutes ago, natedammit said:

If you need it. As I say, usually you will be allowed to take one anyway, but occasionally you may be asked not to, just to make sure there are enough to last the whole weekend.

Either it does or it doesn't. If the price paid and the description of what has been purchased includes a photo, then you get a photo. There is no lower cost auto price for brining your own stuff to get signed. 

Its then your choice if you take it or not - but being told you cant have one when you've purchased one as part of a product is not right. 

8 minutes ago, Tom Beaker said:

Either it does or it doesn't. If the price paid and the description of what has been purchased includes a photo, then you get a photo. There is no lower cost auto price for brining your own stuff to get signed. 

Its then your choice if you take it or not - but being told you cant have one when you've purchased one as part of a product is not right. 

Come find me, I'll buy you a photo.