Peter Weller Auto Problem

I was about 3  back in the queue for Peter on Saturday, the Person at the front had multiple items each with a Sticky note which seemed to have 3-4-5 lines of text that they wanted written on their items, maybe that's what prompted the incident. I am happy if they are just willing to make it out to me.

We were told today he was charging an extra £5 for quotes but personalisations were free. Still taken a bit off guard as you didn't find out until after you had paid for the autograph and were standing right infront of him. 

Edited by twiga

I did report this and was told they were aware of the quote thing. Seems it was exceptionally approved. 

But to answer the 'maybe crew will see' comment: no, they won't. They are busy at the event and I was the only one around. I will message, but that brings us back to the 'busy' bit. They won't immediately see. It is always the better option to bring such issues to the attention of the crew at the venue.

To be fair to Peter he was writing decent quotes for people that wanted them for only £5 extra. It doesn't take that much time and for £5 I think it is a great option. Autographs are extremely expensive nowadays but he was a reasonable price and it was great to be able to get quotes. I genuinely think it would have put some people off getting him if they couldn't have quotes. 

So I would be very up for small additional charging from guests for quotes rather than not having the option. 

Case in point; I was asked if I wanted it personalised when I was getting David Duchovny and I said "No thank you...but if you could add 'Mulder' that would be wonderful". The 'Blue Shirt' lady was a little sharp if I'm honest, almost to the point of being rude, and I don't like saying that as the staff/volunteers do a great job. But it was a rather production line experience which I really didn't think much of. Anyway, the 'Blue Shirt' lady sort of sharply said "no character names" and I went to respond (as you would) "oh Okay, thank you I wasn't aware.." just trying to be polite but I got cut off somewhere mid sentence. I don't think I'll be queuing up for Mr. Duchovny again.  

I don't think it's acceptable and very bad form if this is sanctioned practice. Charge 45 for the auto. Don't charge me 40 at the desk and write out the dedication on the auto ticket, then try to charge me a crisp fiver for extra words! It's profiteering at best. Others may have a different view but it's a slippery slope from this to charging by the word. 

2 hours ago, Tom Beaker said:

I don't think it's acceptable and very bad form if this is sanctioned practice. Charge 45 for the auto. Don't charge me 40 at the desk and write out the dedication on the auto ticket, then try to charge me a crisp fiver for extra words! It's profiteering at best. Others may have a different view but it's a slippery slope from this to charging by the word. 

This was a first and I have no other info than the team at the venue was aware of it.

Unfortunately your first post said 'personalisations'. So before communication broke down I sent them on a wild goose chase first.

Big fan of Robocop" I've been dying to meet peter for year's but was really nervous as all I've seen is people talk about bad experiences with him but I fought he was great!! yeah he charged me extra £15 for 3 quotes on my poster that's fine..if your a fan you will pay that.