What did you get signed?

AFE88E49-9283-4DB1-A109-8ED795B993C4_zps

Blu-rays. The only devastating one was the 3 ones that are just pictures of the Doctor are from the 50th Anniversary Special Limited edition box-set. There is a fourth one with David Tennant on it which, since I left Scotland at 3am on Friday, I couldn’t nip back for on Saturday evening after his announcement so devastated that my box is incomplete when it could have been finished. I did get to meet him though as my partner (who was equally devastated that she didn’t have her 10th Doctor Funko Pop) hit upon the great idea of Tearing the plastic out of another Pop and getting him to sign that and it will be carefully swapped on her 10th Doctor box when she gets home. The look on his face when he got handed a blank piece of clear plastic to sign was priceless. 

P.S. no I didn’t have a paranormal experience, that’s actually Steven Moffat signing the John Hurt box.

Edited by Ravogd
  • Like 5

57 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

AFE88E49-9283-4DB1-A109-8ED795B993C4_zps

Blu-rays. The only devastating one was the 3 ones that are just pictures of the Doctor are from the 50th Anniversary Special Limited edition box-set. There is a fourth one with David Tennant on it which, since I left Scotland at 3am on Friday, I couldn’t nip back for on Saturday evening after his announcement so devastated that my box is incomplete when it could have been finished. I did get to meet him though as my partner (who was equally devastated that she didn’t have her 10th Doctor Funko Pop) hit upon the great idea of Tearing the plastic out of another Pop and getting him to sign that and it will be carefully swapped on her 10th Doctor box when she gets home. The look on his face when he got handed a blank piece of clear plastic to sign was priceless. 

P.S. no I didn’t have a paranormal experience, that’s actually Steven Moffat signing the John Hurt box.

Love it!

its always a shame when you think “darn it, should have brought XYZ with me” but hey, to see David’s face when given the plastic - that would have been awesome!

• Like 1

On 28/07/2018 at 5:08 PM, robmoriarty said:

Most of my autographs were signing the photoshoots I got which I'll post in the other thread.

Continuing my theme from last year some of you may recall: I got Tom Welling to sign my Chris Reeve letter, which he said he would remember for a long time.

LFCC_zpsfccxrai0.png

I had the unexpected bonus of explaining to John Schneider why I asked him about Chris Reeve in his free talk. When I showed him the letter he said he felt humbled and spontaneously posed for photo with it too.:smile:

IMG_0485_zpskjty7lnk.jpg

He may have died in 2004 but clearly the impact he had on Smallville's cast is still there, much as it is on me nearly 20 years after receiving this. Such was the nature of a brilliant and genuinely good man.

Rob...phenomenal and moving piece. Much respect. 

• Like 2

On 27/07/2018 at 9:20 PM, Broo said:

iwm4ah.jpg

Tom Welling auto, he was really lovely and kind about the drawing, meant a lot <3 sorry for bad photo quality!

I'll share a pic of the DC t-shirt when it's got some more autographs on it ;)

Only just gone through this thread properly after making it all about me and ignoring it and just posting my own stuff. This is amazing @Broo. It was very nice to meet you too very briefly at the Sam Neil photo shoot. Hope you had a great event.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, evilfairie said:

Only got the one auto and as it was such a last minute thing I grabbed myself this one whist getting @Raylenth her standard Dr.Tenth book. Had a nice little chat with David about the book, he thought it was cute and hadn't seen this edition before. :D

37944774_2207338485960892_2253478347034066944_nDavid Tennant auto

I love that you got it personalised

My Tardis poster, which is now pretty much complete. All the doctors, four through twelve and as many companions as will fit (leaving space for Karen Gillan and Catherine Tate).

Sleepy Hollow (Miranda and Ray)

Original Superman II poster

Aliens press book.

Serenity flyer 

Other stuff my brain can't remember!I 'll try and post a photo or two when I finally make it home!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chris164 said:

Five drawings I worked on across the past few months (though Matt's was a last second drawing the day before!).

DSSi5KW.jpg

mo4sywV.jpg

fihtl31.jpg

gftxAoc.jpg

MbZUgwL.jpg

Great work Chris. Love these, as I did with Broo’s. Makes me want to share my paintings I had signed previously at various SM events:

13ykrxu.jpg

t7zcx1.jpg

35iybdk.jpg

• Like 4

@kings1 your art is gorgeous, I love your style!

2 hours ago, Ravogd said:

Only just gone through this thread properly after making it all about me and ignoring it and just posting my own stuff. This is amazing @Broo. It was very nice to meet you too very briefly at the Sam Neil photo shoot. Hope you had a great event.

Thank you so much! <3 and it was great to meet you too! Shame it was at such a chaotic moment and it had to be so brief, hopefully next year we'll bump into each other in a quieter moment that we can have a proper wee chat :)

4 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Davison, Dickinson and Zavaroni? That's a heck of a Panto.

Yeah, alright, I'm old.

The cast was a real who’s who of the 80s ... one of my favourites was Bob Carolgees and Spit the Dog as the Chinese Police Force!