Virtual Queues

3 minutes ago, Sebster118 said:

Did have one minor issue with Lance Henrikson’s queue.

The blue shirt handing out the tickets took my ticket and the blue shirt asked for my ticket. I told her what happened and she said I was supposed to give my VQ ticket.

Ticket at the autograph lines always means VQ ticket.

1 hour ago, Kitai said:

This is starting to really make me anxious :/  Due to health (mental and physical) issues I can only attend on the Sunday - yes, Ive applied for the Access pass - I literally cannot stand in a huge queue for hours, and I would be likely to suffer severe anxiety at doing so........As it stands I am fearing my batch no.18 for a photo with Mr Momoa, will not be reached in time, I have NO chance it seems of getting a VQ ticket for an auto with him either :( Plus, I am unsure if I will need a VQ for an Aidan Turner auto, if I have a DP?

This si beginning to stress me so much I am on the point of cancelling .  I am agoraphobic as well as the other issues so this is a really big deal for me, but to be able to meet the 2 people I have followed for years, is worth it......

You’ll be absolutely fine I promise. Momoa’s agent moves things at the speed of light. You’ll be good. 

14 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Did Meatloaf get off the Diamonds? I left Olympia at 6 and his queue was still massive...

I got my autograph at 6:10 and he was still on diamonds. Someone came by right before my turn and told him to hurry up a bit.

Just now, AmbroseGirl said:

James caan que was ridiculous. Plus why did he leave so early? 

This is nothing anyone here can answer, no matter how often you ask this question in different threads. ;)

Could be the heat got to him. Could be an appointment came up forcing him to leave.

2 hours ago, Sebster118 said:

Did have one minor issue with Lance Henrikson’s queue.

The blue shirt handing out the tickets took my ticket and the blue shirt asked for my ticket. I told her what happened and she said I was supposed to give my VQ ticket.

I had a problem with Lance Henriksens queue too. Had a ticket in the 160s, and was waiting for a few hours on a nearby table (my husband has had a recent knee injury and it was too late to sort out an extra help pass so I was watching queues for him too). The crew manning the line said he was only taking up to 150, everyone else should go away. I asked if it was worth sticking around or trying again over the weekend and was told to try again over the weekend. I then spent around 20 minutes checking other queues and when I passed by his queue on the way back, I saw it was now 1-300. I tried to get on the end and was told they were cutting the queue at that point as it was too long and they wanted it to go down a bit before anybody else joined the end. There were lots of people waiting around but nobody actually joining the end of the queue. 

We had to leave around 5pm so I didn't hang around. 

I'm not sure why they changed it to 300 if that was the case? I will try again over the weekend but I'm not holding my breath on that one! 

3 hours ago, Kitai said:

This is starting to really make me anxious :/  Due to health (mental and physical) issues I can only attend on the Sunday - yes, Ive applied for the Access pass - I literally cannot stand in a huge queue for hours, and I would be likely to suffer severe anxiety at doing so........As it stands I am fearing my batch no.18 for a photo with Mr Momoa, will not be reached in time, I have NO chance it seems of getting a VQ ticket for an auto with him either :( Plus, I am unsure if I will need a VQ for an Aidan Turner auto, if I have a DP?

This si beginning to stress me so much I am on the point of cancelling .  I am agoraphobic as well as the other issues so this is a really big deal for me, but to be able to meet the 2 people I have followed for years, is worth it......

His agents and people were great, super fast and his queue was the quickest I was in today! 

Totally agree on how quick and speedy Jason and his team were today.

I had the Friday DP and when I joined the massive queue I got in a panic that I wouldn’t get it, but it was all so quick and easy!

He was absolutely brilliant during the photo shoot, such brilliant humour and had a great laugh/experience with him.

• Like 1

Re: the Meatloaf queue, I joined it at 1:55pm as a diamond pass holder and even though there were only 15 people ahead of me, didn't get to meet Meat until 2:45pm!  So basically if you are a big fan, he was a tremendous guest experience!  But there were definitely a few people who took the mick, they didn't seem to be getting multiple albums signed but just wanted to chat and chat.  And chat!  Meat loaf was quite happy to oblige.  Ironically, by the time I finally reached the desk it was basically "hi, thanks, bye" as he had to go to his photoshoot.  But he personalised my auto, so what more could I want?!

But I'd definitely advise people that they could well be queueing a long time to meet him this weekend.  If you're a fan, you'll be well pleased and get a great guest experience, if you're not really a fan and just after his autograph, and are wondering whether you ought to be in another queue, you might find it torturous!

In my view this was nothing to do with the person managing his queue, he managed it quite correctly.  Simply a matter of fans taking advantage of a very chatty and curious guest.

This seems to happen a surprising amount at Showmasters shows on first days and to be fair often gets resolved on the second day. It is clear that despite the blue shirts getting their instructions from the organisers, too many of them just don’t know how to work the system properly. The one I saw working well was I think David Bradley but I may be wrong. It was near him anyway. I wasn’t in it but I witnessed it. The blue shirt did it right by standing right at the end of the queue wherever that was. Anyone asking to join was either told they could or to come back later. Easy. Too many other queues had the blue shirts stand religiously next to the VQ notice boards. If the queues got longer than that it meant they were out with hearing range which meant people were joining the queue regardless of diamond, vq or anything. It also meant the area filled up to much making it impossible to read a lot of the VQ boards which were very small and in some cases now halfway down the queue. However every queue I did join had extremely helpful blue shirts. Just stand at the end of the queue and stop letting people join.

6 hours ago, Ravogd said:

This seems to happen a surprising amount at Showmasters shows on first days and to be fair often gets resolved on the second day. It is clear that despite the blue shirts getting their instructions from the organisers, too many of them just don’t know how to work the system properly. The one I saw working well was I think David Bradley but I may be wrong. It was near him anyway. I wasn’t in it but I witnessed it. The blue shirt did it right by standing right at the end of the queue wherever that was. Anyone asking to join was either told they could or to come back later. Easy. Too many other queues had the blue shirts stand religiously next to the VQ notice boards. If the queues got longer than that it meant they were out with hearing range which meant people were joining the queue regardless of diamond, vq or anything. It also meant the area filled up to much making it impossible to read a lot of the VQ boards which were very small and in some cases now halfway down the queue. However every queue I did join had extremely helpful blue shirts. Just stand at the end of the queue and stop letting people join.

I think a lot of it comes down to experience and that's fair enough