Virtual Queues

Hello, please fix the autograph virtual queues. 

They're far too long. They're allowing queues to form deep into the hallway with waits of around 1 hour +. This defeats the whole purpose and efficiency of virtual queuing. Ideally, the queue should end at the notice board which is around a 20-25 minute wait. It's just a mess otherwise and they're not even checking ticket numbers any more. 

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, charliechuck71 said:

are any of the mods on the forum not actually at the venue as we speak? i sincerely hope this is fixed for tomorrow as what is the point of VQ's then? think i'll need to invest in a taser gun for tomorrow! :P :D 

No very sadly not :(

Its why we are reiterating if you see any issues please please go to the organisers booth, they will be able to do something about it immediately whereas if it comes to us on the forum there will be a delay in us seeing the post and communicating it to the venue.

Just setting the record straight here, there's still VQs where necessary, but Nick Castle has hardly any queue left. I don't know who else had a hard time with the VQs, that's just who I've seen mentioned on here

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, charliechuck71 said:

showmasters never realised how popular nick castle is, now they know it needs to be fixed for the next 2 days as Saturday and Sunday will be twice as busy.

He was on VQ. Not much more they can do despite asking him to speed up a little - and if he doesn't want to do that what should they do, threaten him with a Freddy glove? ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, charliechuck71 said:

are any of the mods on the forum not actually at the venue as we speak? i sincerely hope this is fixed for tomorrow as what is the point of VQ's then? think i'll need to invest in a taser gun for tomorrow! :P :D 

I have a nice nurse who'd actually look after me after seeing Jason Momoa is attending. Who do we send the bill for our flights to? :P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

He was on VQ. Not much more they can do despite asking him to speed up a little - and if he doesn't want to do that what should they do, threaten him with a Freddy glove? ;)

yes i understand Queen ;) but SM definitely never envisaged such popularity for the man! i'm glad i started the guest suggestion for him makes me feel good inside now that someone i have wanted to meet for years!had the new halloween movie not been announced i think i would have to have travelled to the USA to meet him, so i thank good timing! :D

Update from TooTall: The VQ system has NOT been abandoned.

The only issue he is aware of is the Meat Loaf queue because people refuse to leave. I will get another update later.

Xenomorph Diabolik: I would appreciate more details please, then I can follow up.

TooTall will raise the length of queue issue tomorrow in crew briefing.

• Thanks 1

The VQ ticketing system was working perfectly fine for Jason Momoa & Zachary Levi. Only issue they could do with fixing for tomorrow is calling diamonds in number order in batches of 20. The Tom Baker queue was getting a tad unruly. To be fair they fixed that for his photo shoot 

This is starting to really make me anxious :/  Due to health (mental and physical) issues I can only attend on the Sunday - yes, Ive applied for the Access pass - I literally cannot stand in a huge queue for hours, and I would be likely to suffer severe anxiety at doing so........As it stands I am fearing my batch no.18 for a photo with Mr Momoa, will not be reached in time, I have NO chance it seems of getting a VQ ticket for an auto with him either :( Plus, I am unsure if I will need a VQ for an Aidan Turner auto, if I have a DP?

This si beginning to stress me so much I am on the point of cancelling .  I am agoraphobic as well as the other issues so this is a really big deal for me, but to be able to meet the 2 people I have followed for years, is worth it......

19 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

The only issue he is aware of is the Meat Loaf queue because people refuse to leave. I will get another update later.

Xenomorph Diabolik: I would appreciate more details please, then I can follow up.

Some queues got very long, but pit bosses were put to watch the queue lengths.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Kitai said:

This is starting to really make me anxious :/  Due to health (mental and physical) issues I can only attend on the Sunday - yes, Ive applied for the Access pass - I literally cannot stand in a huge queue for hours, and I would be likely to suffer severe anxiety at doing so........As it stands I am fearing my batch no.18 for a photo with Mr Momoa, will not be reached in time, I have NO chance it seems of getting a VQ ticket for an auto with him either :( Plus, I am unsure if I will need a VQ for an Aidan Turner auto, if I have a DP?

This si beginning to stress me so much I am on the point of cancelling .  I am agoraphobic as well as the other issues so this is a really big deal for me, but to be able to meet the 2 people I have followed for years, is worth it......

You will get your photo, and very likely the autograph too. Jason's agent gets people through at lighting speed if necessary.

If you have the extrahelp band you go after Diamonds for photos. 

With Aidan's Diamond Pass you do not need a VQ ticket for Aidan.

Read the FAQ for VQ tickets please. You will not have to stand in line for hours.

• Thanks 1

Did have one minor issue with Lance Henrikson’s queue.

The blue shirt handing out the tickets took my ticket and the blue shirt asked for my ticket. I told her what happened and she said I was supposed to give my VQ ticket.

47 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Yes, apparently those asked to leave the queue said they “would do anything...but they won’t do that...”

• Haha 1