Friday Gold/Diamond Pass Pick-up?

Hi,

so today I need to pick up my gold pass and also my diamond passes for Tom Baker and Nathalie but I also want to get a VQT for Jason Momoa.

Normally they scan your gold pass ticket outside and give you a wristband and bag out there. However I believe that this year they’re also giving gold pass holders their diamond passes when they collect their gold passes. So this means people will obviously need to be given the correct diamond passes so I doubt the crew outside will be carrying all of these.

when the doors open at 9:55 will I have to join a gold/diamond pass queue on my way in or can I go and get a VQT for Jason and then come back for my diamond passes? 

I don’t want to miss the VQT while I wait for my diamond passes. 

So it turns out if you weren’t able to pick up your gold pass yesterday you have to stand in a really slow queue and collect everything first and lose all of the early entry time that you paid for :) :)

If you’re just coming tomorrow you may want to take this into account as you won’t get any VQTs before they let general entry in. I’m still stood outside and hardly moving forward.

Edited by Sam_Carter96

1 minute ago, Sam_Carter96 said:

So it turns out if you weren’t able to pick up your gold pass yesterday you have to stand in a really slow queue and collect everything first and lose all of the early entry time that you paid for :) :)

If you’re just coming tomorrow you may want to take this into account as you won’t get any VQTs before they let general entry in. I’m still stood outside and hardly moving forward.

Same! Absolute nightmare.

Really hope this is sorted by tomorrow. Every year there is an issue with gold passes being let in on time. Losing that five minute advantage with getting VQTs for Diamond guests is a crucial reason as to why I buy the pass, it’s a joke that we lose it due to poor communication between staff/volunteers and Olympia security. 

This post says Gold Passes were let in 8 minutes earlier, so if you could please explain a bit more what happened I'd be grateful, then I can pass on there have still been issues.

Were you quite far behind in line? If that's the case it does take a while to get the passholders (who already have their Pass in Hand) in, so it may have been less for you.

I have messaged TooTall about Pass Pickup. But honestly, you guys are at the Show. I am still in Hospital in Germany praying to get released today. If you can take 5 minutes out of your schedule and bring this up at Organisers Booth Things will get fixed much more quick than me being the middleman and relaying info posted here. 

I’ve only just got through gold and diamond pass pick up and was in the venue doors at 10:25.

it’s just the queues being really slow for diamond pass pick up for people with gold passes.

the ONLY reason i buy a gold pass is for the 5 mins early entry to get VQTs. Getting queue priority for guests means nothing now as so many are diamonds.

i was here before 10am, I have a gold pass yet general entry were all in before me. i got in at 10:25 and have VQT 244 for Jason Momoa.

given the fact he’s not here until 2am and he has photos and diamond passes to do there’s pretty much no chance of me meeting him.

it’ll be fine tomorrow as I can go straight in as I have my pass, it’s just so unfair for people who haven’t been free (or in london) to pick them up beforehand.

Edited by Sam_Carter96

25 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

You don't exactly say when you got in line, but apparently People choose to arrive earlier than you planned and were there before you, probably for the same reasons. Unfortunately there is little SM can do about that.

But it still took over 30 minutes to get in, even after the majority had gone through

5 minutes ago, Sam_Carter96 said:

But it still took over 30 minutes to get in, even after the majority had gone through

Unfortunately the Crew are human beings and not a Team of octopus. They are working as fast as they can.

30 minutes to get through the majority is a really good time compared to other years.

1 hour ago, Sam_Carter96 said:

Anyone know what the bag symbol means on diamond passes? Do we have to go somewhere to collect our prints? Anyone know where?

no one at diamond pass collection mentioned it

I thought the bag meant the print/mug stuff. And its opposite the main signing area along with the Dr who special cover

2 minutes ago, maegurwen said:

I thought the bag meant the print/mug stuff. And its opposite the main signing area along with the Dr who special cover

Thanks, I’ve already been and got them.

The crew member hole punched the autograph symbol on my Tom Baker pass instead of the bag symbol (and I haven’t got the autograph yet). 

Just had to sort something with a red t shirt crew member.