Any advice?

I've been taken into hospital as an emergency and won't be released in time for my Sunday photo shoots with Peter Capaldi, David Duchovny, meat loaf, and Christopher Ecclestone.does anyone knnow of anything I can do? We could really do with that money now I'm poorly...

• Sad 1

Thanks for the advice, is it likely they wouldnt get it before the con anyway, and so there'd be nothing they could do? I have a friend of a friend asking if he can buy some of them from me and I'm wondering if that's my best bet?

They won't be able to deal with it until after Claire, Ideally if you provide them with evidence of being in hospital they may refund you but it's not something they will be able to deal with until after.  I'm not sure what to suggest as it is against the terms to pass them on.  I think you will just have to contact them after and discuss it with them.  I'm really sorry and that you can't attend and hope you get well soon

Thank you. First LFCC I've missed in 13 years! In the long run though it's for best cause if I knew I was quite as poorly as this I'd have done something about it, and now it's getting sorted. There's a surgery planned for a few months as the final stage and the time from now to then is getting me healthy enough for it - today was a 4th blood transfusion!

So my sister and mum are coming up, to meet Meat Loaf and Chris Ecclestone (without me, sob) - if they take my tickets to the organisers desk, and call me in hospital, would that be likely? Do they do on the day refunds? That idea has me hopeful.

8 minutes ago, clairefun said:

Thank you. First LFCC I've missed in 13 years! In the long run though it's for best cause if I knew I was quite as poorly as this I'd have done something about it, and now it's getting sorted. There's a surgery planned for a few months as the final stage and the time from now to then is getting me healthy enough for it - today was a 4th blood transfusion!

So my sister and mum are coming up, to meet Meat Loaf and Chris Ecclestone (without me, sob) - if they take my tickets to the organisers desk, and call me in hospital, would that be likely? Do they do on the day refunds? That idea has me hopeful.

I really don't know, they may not entertain it but you loose nothing by trying.  One the day refunds are unlikely, as I said they will need proof - unfortunately people make stuff up to try and get refunds for stuff they don't want any more which means for people like you, who are genuine, you would need to provide some evidence that you are in hospital.  What that would be I don't know, that would have to be discussed with them

• Thanks 1

Hmm, good point, I don't know how I'd prove it. I'm sure I could get someone here to write something, but what's to say that's not made up? I mean, I've some grim photos of my cannula on Facebook, but I'm sure that's not enough!

(That's the tube going into my vein, not some grim body part or anything)

Either way, thanks for all your help, it's making me a little hopeful I've not wasted all my money, and might be able to get some back. I don't talk much on here but do always appreciate how good you lot are at giving help and advice to those of us who need it. <3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone in future is in a similar boat to me and finds this thread, now I've finally heard back - nope, no chance of a refund or even partial despite my mitigating circumstances and lots of unused photo shoots. Hundreds of pounds wasted with months of treatment and surgery ahead of me. :( it feels like the yuckiest full stop at the end of the most horrid two weeks sentence. Anyway, there you are, for your information, no refunds really means no refunds.

I'll be spending less in future. 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, clairefun said:

In case anyone in future is in a similar boat to me and finds this thread, now I've finally heard back - nope, no chance of a refund or even partial despite my mitigating circumstances and lots of unused photo shoots. Hundreds of pounds wasted with months of treatment and surgery ahead of me. :( it feels like the yuckiest full stop at the end of the most horrid two weeks sentence. Anyway, there you are, for your information, no refunds really means no refunds.

I'll be spending less in future. 

I normally avoid getting involved in stuff like this, but I do feel truly sorry for you because of all this. :(

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Thanks 1

Wow. That’s truly horrible. Don’t know what to say. I’m a bit disappointed in Showmasters to be honest. Pretty deplorable that an exception to their no refunds policy can’t be done. We’re not talking about a couple of pounds. 

27 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Wow. That’s truly horrible. Don’t know what to say. I’m a bit disappointed in Showmasters to be honest. Pretty deplorable that an exception to their no refunds policy can’t be done. We’re not talking about a couple of pounds. 

As much as I agree it's a horrible situation and I hope clairefun recovers soon, I do get why Showmasters do it. If they allowed refunds for this it would just open it up for people to take advantage of and would come up will all sorts of ways to bend or break the rules. It has to be refunds for all (which could lead to many, many issues) or refunds for none or the system just won't work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

As much as I agree it's a horrible situation and I hope clairefun recovers soon, I do get why Showmasters do it. If they allowed refunds for this it would just open it up for people to take advantage of and would come up will all sorts of ways to bend or break the rules. It has to be refunds for all (which could lead to many, many issues) or refunds for none or the system just won't work.

Oh I know and I do agree. I know why they don’t do it and I fully understand their policy. That does not mean they can’t be exempt from a little criticism. I’m just saying that in this instance somebody has spent hundreds of pounds and has received nothing from no fault of her own. It’s not Showmasters fault either. I’m just saying it wouldn’t be impossible for them to refund this case if they really wanted to.

Sorry, but if they refund one case they have to refund all as WrongName has already explained. Otherwise we'd be buried here in complaints "why did Tim get a refund and Tom didn't?" It will never be limited to one exception only. And that's what you are basically asking them to do, rabogd: an exception from the rules.

I do agree, it is really unfortunate if something like this happens. But the policy is clear: no refunds.