Friday temperature

The air conditioning will do it's best, but 'keep everyone cool' it will not. Take care of yourselves. Bring water. Buy water when you are there. Bring a fan. Take regular breaks in cooler areas. Pop outside for some fresh air every now and again. Eat food. Do anything else you can think of that will help you to cope with what will be a very hot, often uncomfortable day. Most importantly, bring baby wipes.

And have fun y'all.

• Like 1

Yea just read on Yahoo News that Friday may be the hottest day ever for the UK, eep. Of course news articles like to make it seem worse than it will probably end up being but still make sure your prepared, as has been said lots of water and smellies, the thought of tons of people indoors on a hot day ooh fun lol

Walked out of hotel to get passes earlier and as soon as stepped out heat just hit us.  Omg so warm.   Dont even know if any point doing my hair tomorrow as will just end up horrible with heat anyway lol.    Baby wipes check..... deodorant check.... water check...... snacks check...... but omg we're all still gonna be a hot sweaty mess rofl ohhh also have brolly which i can use as sun shade if needed too while waiting outside  :)

Edited by HeartDT
  • Like 1

Yeah I was already preparing to bring a bottle of something and a snack for the queue prior to opening, regular trips to feed/drink during the show, and fully deodorant up the wazoo. Interesting comment about the baby wipes, as I do use them occasionally (when around my niece), but not really on myself heh.

1 minute ago, Mayhem said:

Yeah I was already preparing to bring a bottle of something and a snack for the queue prior to opening, regular trips to feed/drink during the show, and fully deodorant up the wazoo. Interesting comment about the baby wipes, as I do use them occasionally (when around my niece), but not really on myself heh.

They do help keep your skin cool & prevent heat rash, so there is that.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Learn from your niece for she is wise.

1 hour ago, natedammit said:

The air conditioning will do it's best, but 'keep everyone cool' it will not. Take care of yourselves. Bring water. Buy water when you are there. Bring a fan. Take regular breaks in cooler areas. Pop outside for some fresh air every now and again. Eat food. Do anything else you can think of that will help you to cope with what will be a very hot, often uncomfortable day. Most importantly, bring baby wipes.

And have fun y'all.

Fresh air, outside, in London? Are you kidding me? Just walked from Earls Court Underground.  Thought Leeds was humid this morning, London is like that with your oven on full blast outside, and your head right in the middle bit! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, robmoriarty said:

Fresh air, outside, in London? Are you kidding me? Just walked from Earls Court Underground.  Thought Leeds was humid this morning, London is like that with your oven on full blast outside, and your head right in the middle bit! 

Having just come home from there, it is a bit warm

10 hours ago, AckAck said:

Some smart seller needs to jump on this and have a stand at Olympia selling hand fans, slushies etc......:P

They could make a killing.

We've had a stall in the past (my husband is a prop maker) and have definitely looked into doing this for a future event! :P