Guest Cancellation - Peter Mayhew

• Showmasters Admin

We are very sad to have to inform you that Peter Mayhew AKA Chewbacca is no longer able to attend this year's London Film and Comic Con.

Peter went into hospital for corrective spinal surgery and we are very pleased that he has come through it very well and is now on the road to recovery. We can also inform you all that due to this difficult surgery Peter is now half an inch taller, this is totally true!  Anyway, we are so pleased and happy for him and wish him well.

Peter was so looking forward to seeing all his European fans on this, one of his rare trips to the UK, but he will be well by the time March event is taking place, London Comic Con Spring, and he has agreed to attend.

All photo ops tickets with him from this event will be honoured for that event, or if you wish to have a refund just contact the shop after this weekend's event. You will have until the end of August 2018 to decide which you would prefer.

I agree with Queen how dare you make jokes about a gentle kind and friendly man! Not to mention a fantastic actor highly respected in is field thats just bad form people he has undergone highly complicated surgery and im glad he has come through it well with no complications! I was going to get an auto and shoot with him but i will go to spring lfcc next year and meet him! Take care Peter your a top man!

• StuartG2198 unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

I've emailed Showmasters (shop@showmastersevents.com) with a request for a refund (on the 5th August) and to date I've received no reply (or refund) other than the automated "Thank you for your email. We aim to respond to your query within 5 working days. "

It's unclear what the default action of SM will be regarding refunds since the deadline is approaching and I wonder if anyone else has managed to obtain any news regarding refunds or otherwise.

I did attempt to telephone them this morning, but the phone number just rang out.

Thank you.

They are probably just getting back today as the Sheffield event took place over the weekend and everyone will have been away for that. My refund was processed within 2 days of me emailing and that was during the week after LFCC when they were very busy so it is possible your email has been overlooked. I would try phoning again later today. If the office is less hectic you may get a reply.

23 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

I'd sooner email than phone them again as it's not guaranteed they'll be able to answer the phone, Trebor. Maybe forward your original email for reference.

And that way they can clearly see the date you originally requested the refund and that it was well within the date.