Guest Cancellation - Val Kilmer

51 minutes ago, homerj said:

I really need those refunds for cancelled guests - at this rate I wont be able to eat or travel. Has anyone had emails re: Val or Mary refunds?

Unlikely to happen until after the show i’m Afraid as SM and crew will all be at Olympia setting up.

14 hours ago, homerj said:

I really need those refunds for cancelled guests - at this rate I wont be able to eat or travel. Has anyone had emails re: Val or Mary refunds?

If you haven't had an email already, it won't be done until Monday now, sorry. :(

Okay, so let's try this AGAIN, shall we?

Ì'll start off with the unfortunately usual warning. Anyone coming here posting ridiculous theories about SM  will be immediately banned. If I catch you having set up a second account for your conspiracy theories you will find out your main account is banned too.

The users here are trying to help as good as they can, but sometimes they are not fully Aware of Things. Eventbrite is still fairly new. Due to that Megan Fox saga I know a Little bit more than last month now. otherwise I couldn't post explanations either.

Attacking users trying to help will cause you an at least temporary time out too because there is no way in *bleep* this is acceptable in any way, shape or form. We are all sacrificing our time to help other attendees, please remember that.

So. Summary:

The System for refunds with Eventbrite works as follows: SM can "flip the Switch" in the System and tell Eventbrite to refund all tickets of cancelled actor XYZ. If SM are not near the System and something happens they can also E-Mail one of their Service coordinators and tell them to start refunds on a certain item. I saw that Happening for one of the day changes last night - hooray for "Reply to all". ;) 

So this "no refunds because SM are out of Office" which was valid before Eventbrite came into Play is no longer valid. The one reply that got people so worked up was done because the user did not know there's a way to instruct refunds without Access to the System - I didn't know that beforehand either. When something happens during a busy day of the show you'll probably have a small delay. But if a guest calls to say "hey, I can't make Friday" during Thursday set up this will be taken care of pretty soon.

Once SM have told Eventbrite "refund this please" the matter is out of SM's Hand and everything is handled through Eventbrite. Eventbrite send out the refund e-mails too. I do not know how the other end of the System Looks and how Eventbrite handles the refunds. As we have time gaps between attendees reporting "I got a refund E-Mail" I imagine their System is processing in Batches.

If you have a wrong refund or a delayed refund - which should not be Happening unless there is a Card issue - this matter can only be solved by Eventbrite. The refund should only take a few days, depending on how Long your bank decides to Play with the return. If you have a refund that takes longer than let's say a week: something went wrong. Usually it's a Card expiring or an issue like this.

I'm hoping this Explanation makes Things clear for everyone now. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, siluria said:

Just so I know whether to chase Eventbrite or not yet, has anyone had their refunds yet for Val?

Thanks!

I had mine over a week ago. Did you receive your email from Showmasters confirming the refund?

27 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

I had mine over a week ago. Did you receive your email from Showmasters confirming the refund?

No e-mail which is why I figured it needed chasing, but I thought I'd check first - thank you for the reply!

1 hour ago, malc75 said:

still not received my refund for my val kilmer 10x8 autograph have emailed and had no reply yet??????

You need the preorders store, unfortunately this is nothing I can push with Eventbrite. Which e-mail address did you use? They were in Glasgow last weekend, that may explain part of the delay.

14 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

You need the preorders store, unfortunately this is nothing I can push with Eventbrite. Which e-mail address did you use? They were in Glasgow last weekend, that may explain part of the delay.

I used the preorders@showmastersevents.com 

To contact jason, I had used the main showmasters 'contact us' on website but was told to use that email which i have but I've had no reply yet. Fair enough if its due to other show but its been a few weeks now. 

This is the correct E-Mail to use. Please be Patient a Little longer.

It's been exactly two weeks from today since Office People started coming back in and I am not exactly sure if Jason made it to work right on Tuesday. Since then he's been busy sending out orders and Glasgow was on the Weekend.

10 hours ago, malc75 said:

Its with sage pay the Transaction

Sorry, but now you lost me.