Guest Cancellation - Val Kilmer

6 hours ago, ChloeLouise said:

True but this is a job. They’re getting paid to attend, it mignt not be a film/tv but it’s still a job. And it’s good PR for them.

I understand that Showmasters can’t control  what the guest does but surely it’s important for the guest to see fans/ show face. The guests know what they are signing up for so surely they should keep it free, there are other guests who are filming atm, e.g Peter Capaldi, but they’re still attending and how kept the days they’re attending free. I know it isn’t always possible due to stuff like re-shoots etc but it’s still a job and giving another a couple of days notice is not good. I’m waiting for £130 refund for 3 cancellations for my dad and that wouldn’t come in time for Saturday when we attend (I know refunds take time) but it just looks bad and knocks a lot of excitement and confidence out for Showmasters from the attendees.  

Not to harp on, the others have stated it very well but.....guests will not commit to iron clad contracts so we either put up with the risk of cancellations of accept that organisers can only invite retired or non working actors. 

However we all get it, it sucks.  Massively.  Especially when you have paid for travel and accommodation that you aren't going to get back.  This year unfortunately seems to be harder hit, not in numbers, it's probably about average for cancellations, but in who has cancelled.  I don't recall ever seeing almost the entire line up of a show having to pull out before nor so many cancellations all at once and so close to the show.  But it's happened this time and its awful for people who were coming to see them.

Peter is UK based and only coming for 2 days, it's much easier for him to pop down to LFCC than for a US based person who has to invest at least 5 days for a 3 day event, that has more impact on their schedule.  In the reverse it's why US events can get a lot of names that we can't because for them it can be a 1 day thing.

Unfortunately this is an industry wide thing and new attendees may well not appreciate what it means exactly but it is something that happens and will continue to happen if we want big names and working actors.  I get you are all hugely upset but if you can come and enjoy the show, I know it won't be the same for you but you can still have a good time.

• Like 4

Shame he canceled though it can't be helped. I went and bought another photo for the same money I'll get back! People really need to quit dwelling on cancellations, sure it sucks but come on. Enjoy life and if you are a fan of a guest who sadly canceled be happy for them, wish them well and thank Showmasters for trying!

• Like 1

Hi,

I didn't see any post on Facebook about his cancellation, nor had any email for the refund.

Is there any way we could automatically replace his photo ops by Zach Levi's one (since it's the same price) without refund then pay again? Or if not, when will we receive the refund?

46 minutes ago, unkown error said:

Shame he canceled though it can't be helped. I went and bought another photo for the same money I'll get back! People really need to quit dwelling on cancellations, sure it sucks but come on. Enjoy life and if you are a fan of a guest who sadly canceled be happy for them, wish them well and thank Showmasters for trying!

Part of this is an issue though. Guests can cancel. That's a way of like in the convention world as the stars well being and work takes priority.

the issue for me is the speed of refunds. I know they take time but the quicker they happen, the more chance the money would still be spent at the event. Same with pre orders. I didn't use this service this time as cancelled guest refunds don't happen soon enough, in some cases a month after.

9 minutes ago, CLIOPADRAT said:

Hi,

I didn't see any post on Facebook about his cancellation, nor had any email for the refund.

Is there any way we could automatically replace his photo ops by Zach Levi's one (since it's the same price) without refund then pay again? Or if not, when will we receive the refund?

It's not possible to switch between actors. Showmasters will refund the photo op automatically. Take in mind that these kind of things could take 3-5 days so I'm afraid you'll probably won't receive your money before LFCC starts :unsure: 

2 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

It's not possible to switch between actors. Showmasters will refund the photo op automatically. Take in mind that these kind of things could take 3-5 days so I'm afraid you'll probably won't receive your money before LFCC starts :unsure: 

Yep that's what I feared :/  So it means for me that I won't be able to get Zach photo ops :(

Thanks for the answer anyway!

The refunds are auctioned as soon as Eventbrite can work. Now all SM have to do is hit a button and the System does start all refunds automatically. The refunds are done a lot faster than when poor Jola was handling the store and doing everything (yes, I mean everything) manually.

If you wait for a refund a month after the Show now something has gone wrong - unfortunately that happens too. But it is no longer the norm as it was before the e-ticket Switch was made.

I realize it's still possibly not fast enough if someone cancels that Close to the Show. But short of making everything available on the day only I really don't have any idea how to Speed this up further.

2 hours ago, DCGIRL1987 said:

A little gutted cant be helped and some monry back in the bank. Anybody know that if I paid with a card thats now been cancelled would the money come back in to my account as this card is no longer in use.

From what I recall has been said before it goes back to your account rather than the card

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

From what I recall has been said before it goes back to your account rather than the card

3 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I never had it Happening, but that is definitely what has been said, yes.

Thanks I am never sure some places can get a bit funny about different cards cheers for help

I was always in 2 minds to meet this guest, so his cancellation made my mind up for me I guess lol. Still I feel sorry for those who did want to meet him, the guests seem to be dropping like flies lately :(

33 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

So please follow what is being said there. No need to bring it into this thread.

Well you see I just realised I posted it in the wrong thread so I'm trying to delete the post but it's not letting me so please cut me some slack. 

Edited by SamA96
Spelling mistake