Guest Cancellation - Edward James Olmos

Sad for all of those who wanted to meet him. I wanted too, for Bladerunner, but couldn't feet him in my budget because of so many Who-guests announced. Now I won't have anyone tempting me. So I guess that's a silver lining.

29 minutes ago, justneil said:

I've gone from 9 shoots down to 1,  I'll learn from this to not buy tickets for an event until the day before, it takes too much effort to travel such a distance with my disability and I'm not sure I'll bother for 1 guest.

I did that last year with only 3 on my list. This year I had 9 and dropped to 5, so less of an issue for me. Always horrible when the bad luck falls on the majority of your wishlist.

50 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

I did that last year with only 3 on my list. This year I had 9 and dropped to 5, so less of an issue for me. Always horrible when the bad luck falls on the majority of your wishlist.

I'm hoping for something that interests me with tonight's announcement to pick me up as I'm feeling quite low about the situation

23 hours ago, CarkinsBug said:

I had all the BSG guests booked, I'm beyond sad today.... Heart broken.... I know it can't be avoided but I'm devastated after today's cancellations 

Me too :/ I booked right at the start when Katee and the rest were announced. Starbuck is my no.1 favourite character ever. This year was my first time doing all 3 days, I was so excited. Got ahead of myself and booked a London hotel for Thurs-Sun and now all bar one has cancelled. I am proper heart broken. 

I'm still going of course, but now only have 3 photos because I am not at all into Dr Who :/ (Kinda wish I was though haha)

Also got a bunch of friends going on fri/Sat so I'll see them and still have fun. But I'm still heartbroken.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, lucykemp21 said:

Me too :/ I booked right at the start when Katee and the rest were announced. Starbuck is my no.1 favourite character ever. This year was my first time doing all 3 days, I was so excited. Got ahead of myself and booked a London hotel for Thurs-Sun and now all bar one has cancelled. I am proper heart broken. 

I'm still going of course, but now only have 3 photos because I am not at all into Dr Who :/ (Kinda wish I was though haha)

Also got a bunch of friends going on fri/Sat so I'll see them and still have fun. But I'm still heartbroken.

Bless ya, it's been a tough time for us Battlestar fans, we booked from the start too, I even decorated my wheelchair in Battlestar decals waited for the schedule to go up to book our travel and bam, all over in a matter of a few hours :( thankfully got partial refunds on travel arrangements but we were due to go to all three days, but now only Sunday to see David Duchovny and Sam Neill. Been a depressing 24hours but hopefully Sunday will make up for it! I hope you have a lovely time and get another opportunity to meet them, so say we all x 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarkinsBug said:

Bless ya, it's been a tough time for us Battlestar fans, we booked from the start too, I even decorated my wheelchair in Battlestar decals waited for the schedule to go up to book our travel and bam, all over in a matter of a few hours :( thankfully got partial refunds on travel arrangements but we were due to go to all three days, but now only Sunday to see David Duchovny and Sam Neill. Been a depressing 24hours but hopefully Sunday will make up for it! I hope you have a lovely time and get another opportunity to meet them, so say we all x 

Thanks! Hope you have fun too. I am going fri/sat for Jason Momoa, David Duchovny & James Callis (fingers crossed haha) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beren said:

Well most of my guest have cancelled, only good thing not going to cost me alot this year never know so many people cancel this event in the 6 years i been doing it

It's about the same amount, I think it's just more noticeable because most have happened at once and in the last week

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

One year a guest who was already at the airport was called back to filming.

I think I know who that was, he went back and filmed for the day, leapt on a later flight, flew over and came straight to the venue.  That was some effort the went to to still be able to attend

1 minute ago, Swoz_MK said:

Ah such bad news. Not had email confirmation of cancellation/refund like I did with Sackhoff though?

Eventbrite is still working on the refunds as far as I know. You will get the E-Mail when it's been processed. Katee cancelled earlier, Edward was in a slew of cancellations with many refunds to process.

6 minutes ago, Qui-Ton-Set said:

Still no refund!! 

Eventbrite is working on the refunds, that is all I can tell you. There has been a system issue which has caused issues with other refunds. That is likely causing a bit of a delay too because now everything is double checked.