Floor Plan LFCC 2018

Thanks for this.

I see there’s an area marked up as ‘Merchandise’ will this be LFCC branded merch or Is this where the pass holders collect their extra bits from? 

Also, I can’t read the orange text on the ground floor plan, does it say ‘authentication service’ if so, what’s that about? 

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

Thanks for this.

I see there’s an area marked up as ‘Merchandise’ will this be LFCC branded merch or Is this where the pass holders collect their extra bits from? 

Also, I can’t read the orange text on the ground floor plan, does it say ‘authentication service’ if so, what’s that about? 

Authentification service: https://www.beckett-authentication.com/

They were at CM already and the service seemed to be popular.

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

Thanks for this.

A company called Beckett authenticate your auto's for £8 a go.  Personally I think it's not worth it for most auto's, only the rare or valuable ones but you can go speak to them and find out what it's all about if you wish

Similar to last year, pity the photo shoot areas are where they are again. The guest signing area was packed with people last year (created a bottle neck at times) and it was difficult and stressful to get from the Photo Shoot E&F area to the A&B/C&D area when you have minutes between shoots. Delays to photo shoots last year surprisingly made it work but not being able to see or know how busy a shoot is and adding minutes even though walking fast between areas to check is risky. 

Some staff keeping a route clear would help!! but I still think the schedule now has put at least three of my shoots at risk because of the distance and volume of traffic I expect to encounter. 

My advice is to look at the timings on the schedule and make sure you add walking time.

5 hours ago, Jonny Average said:

Similar to last year, pity the photo shoot areas are where they are again.

There are seven of them, there is no way to fit them all in close to each other. This is by far the best solution they have come up with - for a start they are all on the same level.

Never been to Olympia before but judging by the layout it looks like it is quite a big building, much bigger than SM's last venue I went to  (Earls Court? iirc). I can see myself having great fun running up and down all of those flights of stairs, good way to keep fit I guess lol

52 minutes ago, natedammit said:

There are seven of them, there is no way to fit them all in close to each other. This is by far the best solution they have come up with - for a start they are all on the same level.

Oh, yes.  That time when they were on different levels was a nightmare as the lifts between levels were so busy (and one level could only be accessed that way IIRC).  So much better this way.  And one can bypass the main guest signing room by going through the doors either side of the main stage in the West Hall and going via the balcony area directly to the National Hall if needs be.

• Moderators

Guests can be moved even between days of the con (sometimes based on things that happened on one particular day so not pre-planned) so posting exact locations would easily become completely incorrect and misleading.

• Like 1

I was just going to say what etmuse posted, can you imagine the uproar if they say 'huge guest 1' is where the X is and on the day they had to move them for some reason and everyone went to the stated table!

7 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I was just going to say what etmuse posted, can you imagine the uproar if they say 'huge guest 1' is where the X is and on the day they had to move them for some reason and everyone went to the stated table!

I actually got yelled at one year when I was allowed to go in with crew, tried to post moved locations and posted one too late for people's liking...

• Sad 2