New visitor - guide to agent arena/pitching?

Avel

Hi all,

The agents' arena schedule looks great for me at a quick skim.  I've never been to this or anything similar (and would only be able to do one day next week)  - are there any tips or beginners guide writeups to this part of the event?  I'm pretty timid and terrified of doing this solo but the agenda really looks like what I need... so trying to prep mentally as best I can!

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, InsO said:

Quick question, if you have LFCC tkts are you allowed to go to YALC workshops or do you have to book tkts for those please? 

You can get into Yalc an hour after opening with an LFCC ticket and vice versa

15 hours ago, evilfairie said:

I think it's part of the YALC, where people can go and pitch their book ideas (or something similar)  to agents. No advice to give though am afraid but good luck.

Ooh, I have an idea. It's about a blue bear that's super awesome, but he's part of a community that doesn't recognise his super awesomeness. 

In the end he eats them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

The snarling, evil Ray-Ray?

Plus her clumsy, oafish, and comically stupid sidekick. I just need to find the right name for him, but it's always difficult to pick the right name. Or maybe what I actually need is the opposite of the right name.

I've got it!

wjbleming!

36 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Ooh, I have an idea. It's about a blue bear that's super awesome, but he's part of a community that doesn't recognise his super awesomeness. 

In the end he eats them.

And then he spent the next few years alone, sitting around in his undies and sad before dying of a massive heart attack brought on by too much red meat

Image result for Slob bear

19 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

The snarling, evil Ray-Ray?

Image result for Crying Cumberbatch gif

3 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Plus her clumsy, oafish, and comically stupid sidekick. I just need to find the right name for him, but it's always difficult to pick the right name. Or maybe what I actually need is the opposite of the right name.

I've got it!

wjbleming!

Comical, yes, clumsy, yep, oafish and stupid? Nah, come on now, but you were nearly there! Well done, buddy! :thumbup: