Gold Pass Ticket vs. Diamond Passes

Please excuse the newb question, but this is my first LFCC so I am not exactly sure of the process. I have a 3Day Gold Pass. I generally only care about getting a few of the bigger name Autographs, and less about getting pictures, so I keep going back and forth on getting Diamond Passes for some of the stars I care most about (again, mostly for their sig) since you are guaranteed a Sig with the diamond. I know with my gold pass, I can basically join whatever Queue is currently formed for the guest for their Sig and skip the entire VQ part. If I really just want to guarantee a Sig, should having the Gold Pass be enough?  Curious what you Vet's of previous LFCC have to say about the benefits of the Gold Pass... Specially looking at Duchovny, Momoa and Neill.   Thanks

Even with the gold pass, you still need a vq ticket for any guests who have a diamond pass, so the gold will not help you with the guests you’ve mentioned. As you get in earlier there is a good chance to get lower vq ticket numbers, but if you want to be sure you’ll get the auto, the diamond pass is the way to go.

2 minutes ago, REL1203 said:

Please excuse the newb question, but this is my first LFCC so I am not exactly sure of the process. I have a 3Day Gold Pass. I generally only care about getting a few of the bigger name Autographs, and less about getting pictures, so I keep going back and forth on getting Diamond Passes for some of the stars I care most about (again, mostly for their sig) since you are guaranteed a Sig with the diamond. I know with my gold pass, I can basically join whatever Queue is currently formed for the guest for their Sig and skip the entire VQ part. If I really just want to guarantee a Sig, should having the Gold Pass be enough?  Curious what you Vet's of previous LFCC have to say about the benefits of the Gold Pass... Specially looking at Duchovny, Momoa and Neill.   Thanks

Gold pass holders need VQ tickets for diamond guests. If you want to be guaranteed the auto a diamond pass is the only way to be guaranteed it.

OK, so yeah I totally missed the part in the fine print with the VQ still being needed for those Diamond Guest... Guess I need to go buy them...  This definitely raises the question now to me if the Gold Pass was worth it, I guess it should be for all the non-gold 

OK, so I just got 3 diamond passes (Duchovny, Rory McCann, and Sam Neill)... I am obviously just a little under-educated on how my Gold Pass works with the Diamond Passes.. So now that I have my DP for those 3 people, does my Gold Pass help in any additional way? Anything else that can make things go a little faster? 

6 minutes ago, REL1203 said:

OK, so I just got 3 diamond passes (Duchovny, Rory McCann, and Sam Neill)... I am obviously just a little under-educated on how my Gold Pass works with the Diamond Passes.. So now that I have my DP for those 3 people, does my Gold Pass help in any additional way? Anything else that can make things go a little faster? 

Not with the diamond guests, no. Having the diamond passes is about the best you can do. The fastest way through autos and photos is to have a low numbered diamond pass (as they will be called in groups starting with the lowest numbers) but that means you would have needed to buy them ASAP after they were released, so you have done all you can do at this point. Essentially, the diamond pass trumps the gold pass for those particular guests.

Edited by Wrong Name

26 minutes ago, REL1203 said:

So if I don't buy a Momoa DP, and on Friday/Sat/Sun, i book it to get the lowest VQ ticket I can, do I stand a chance to actually get the autograph? 

You can't book VQ's.  You go and collect one when you get in and wait for your number to be called, but they are only a place in the queue, not a guarantee of getting an auto

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

You can't book VQ's.  You go and collect one when you get in and wait for your number to be called, but they are only a place in the queue, not a guarantee of getting an auto

Sorry, "Book it" is an american term meaning to move as fast as possible to get somewhere... like "I need to book it to work or I am gonna be late".... Didnt mean "Book" it as in make a reservation or advanced purchase.... Since the Gold Pass Members get in 5min early, if I run to get my VQ ticket for Momoa, do you all think i would have a chance to get it, or would he be one of those guest that its unlikely to actually get to his VQ line? 

35 minutes ago, REL1203 said:

Sorry, "Book it" is an american term meaning to move as fast as possible to get somewhere... like "I need to book it to work or I am gonna be late".... Didnt mean "Book" it as in make a reservation or advanced purchase.... Since the Gold Pass Members get in 5min early, if I run to get my VQ ticket for Momoa, do you all think i would have a chance to get it, or would he be one of those guest that its unlikely to actually get to his VQ line? 

Maybe? Hard one to answer i’m afraid.

36 minutes ago, REL1203 said:

If you run you will be soundly told off by the crew.  DO NOT RUN, all you do is risk knocking someone over, and if the crew see you running you may even risk being held back for VQ's for those who didn't run

We can't predict if VQ holders will be seen with any certainty Rel, I imagine he will see some, but it's not certain nor will we know how many.  To be honest if you aren't buying the Diamond, as long as you go and get your VQ as soon as you get in you will either get it or you won't, we can't say more than that

Image result for elmo gif

Edited by Raylenth

36 minutes ago, REL1203 said:

There's no guarantee that he will make it to VQs, but having a gold pass does give you an advantage in terms of getting a low number (and also, running isn't allowed in the building ;)).

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

4 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Gold pass in theory means slightly earlier entry to the event, so you have a better chance to grab low VQ numbers.

Yes well the 5 minutes earlier to get inside, has that actually ever worked :P ?

1 hour ago, timlux said:

Yes well the 5 minutes earlier to get inside, has that actually ever worked :P ?

Hence my use of the phrase “in theory”, as there’s been stories of Golds not getting in until after the normal queue is well under way.