Guest Cancellation - Megan Fox

2 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Everyone who has had £20 refunded, did you have tickets to her talk?

No , no talk ticket . Just photo shoot . And it’s frustrating to be told by showmasters to write to eventbrite, and eventbrite say that we shall contact showmasters . No real answer from anyone .... 

Just now, Hanklily said:

Money comes when it comes? Lol... some people, it’s a pity that u can’t book photoshoots and say, yeah reserve me that, the money comes when it comes... x

Yeah it comes when it comes , but the thing is that it’s the wrong amount in the mail , and all say different things . And I could use the £122 that is missing to do things in London with my family ...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chrimlee said:

No , no talk ticket . Just photo shoot . And it’s frustrating to be told by showmasters to write to eventbrite, and eventbrite say that we shall contact showmasters . No real answer from anyone .... 

Umm... yeah thank you for that. Not that I haven't been trying since last night to get this fixed.

Even if I would not be in Hospital with barely 24 hours having passed since I had surgery, I am in a different Country. I can't simply knock on someone's Office door and ask - I am at the Point where I would call, but right now not even my Family understands my voice. I still have a not so nice drainage tube in my throat. Plus I very spectacularly failed the last blood pressure reading because I am trying to help, I am pretty sure the nurses won't like me croaking loudly in a foreign language. I'm actually expecting them to try and take my phone away soon, so if I am gone don't be surprised.

To those who have my private E-Mail: please don't share. If you got it somehow and use it to yell at me like the last 5 People: if it was about me that would make you go to the very end of the refund list. If the E-Mail abuse continues I may eventually choose to listen to the nurses. :(

Really guys. I dragged myself on here and I am trying to stay around because I see that there's issues. I am sorry that's not good enough, but right now I am the only one who is available in at least some capacity.

While I have been typing this rant now I have been copied on an E-Mail from TooTall to SM's contacts at Eventbrite telling them to urgently look into this. The issue is definitely on Eventbrite's end, that's as far as I can go from the Content of this E-Mail.

Should I be allowed to Keep my phone and the Eventbrite People choose to hit "Reply all" I will of Course update.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, Chrimlee said:

Presumably SM have done exactly the same thing with this as they do with all refunds - inform EventBrite somehow that all need to be refunded. It seems logical (to me anyway) that first the delay, and now the wrong amounts are due to an issue at EventBrite's end. Personally I'm just giving it a few days to see if it all get's fixed - but I get that doesn't help those who need the money for other things.

42 minutes ago, Chrimlee said:

It's frustrating but sometimes all you can do is go back to them and say 'no, this is your issue, you are the ones processing this'.  I've had a similar issue with Ticketmaster and an event, but it will usually be down to the ticket site whatever they say

28 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Umm... yeah thank you for that. Not that I haven't been trying since last night to get this fixed.

Even if I would not be in Hospital with barely 24 hours having passed since I had surgery, I am in a different Country. I can't simply knock on someone's Office door and ask - I am at the Point where I would call, but right now not even my Family understands my voice. I still have a not so nice drainage tube in my throat. Plus I very spectacularly failed the last blood pressure reading because I am trying to help, I am pretty sure the nurses won't like me croaking loudly in a foreign language. I'm actually expecting them to try and take my phone away soon, so if I am gone don't be surprised.

To those who have my private E-Mail: please don't share. If you got it somehow and use it to yell at me like the last 5 People: if it was about me that would make you go to the very end of the refund list. If the E-Mail abuse continues I may eventually choose to listen to the nurses. :(

Really guys. I dragged myself on here and I am trying to stay around because I see that there's issues. I am sorry that's not good enough, but right now I am the only one who is available in at least some capacity.

While I have been typing this rant now I have been copied on an E-Mail from TooTall to SM's contacts at Eventbrite telling them to urgently look into this. The issue is definitely on Eventbrite's end, that's as far as I can go from the Content of this E-Mail.

Should I be allowed to Keep my phone and the Eventbrite People choose to hit "Reply all" I will of Course update.

QS - can I just say a huge thank you for all you're doing. This is way above and beyond for anyone to do this from a hospital bed after surgery. I hope you look after yourself. Yes a lot of people (including myself) are waiting for refunds but you know what, your health is a million times way more important and we appreciate the updates you have provided so far. Take a break, get some rest so you recover fully because we need you healthy and happy. I partially hope the nurses do take your phone away so at least you HAVE to recover easily.

Get well soon... sending fandom hugs and wishes, our eternal Queen.

• Like 6

Not wishing to add to the stress but has anyone else had nothing from Showmasters about a refund or even the fact Megan Fact cancelled?

Yesterday I received an email reminding me to print the photo op ticket I have with her :S 

I appreciate S/M folk are working their bums off setting up now but I'm getting apprehensive that people have been refunded the wrong amount or at least heard they are due a refund, or that Megan has cancelled yet... according to my emails... I'm still having a photo.

Huh... unless she cancelled for everyone else and is only seeing me?! (Yeah, wishful thinking)

I have no idea how it works, but I'm fairly certain Eventbrite have made a really simple error. Possibly something like copy and pasting a refund amount from something else.

I think, however, they're aware that they screwed up now. No amount of screaming voices is going to make a difference. They've already had a ton of people complain about it, and they probably now need to go through them all and check if it's the same issue for everyone.

Rest assured you WILL get your full refund. It's not like Eventbrite are some cowboys; they will do what's right.

I'm sure some people would like to use that money for other things right now, but that's what credit cards are for. Such is life.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, slim said:

Not wishing to add to the stress but has anyone else had nothing from Showmasters about a refund or even the fact Megan Fact cancelled?

Yesterday I received an email reminding me to print the photo op ticket I have with her :S 

I appreciate S/M folk are working their bums off setting up now but I'm getting apprehensive that people have been refunded the wrong amount or at least heard they are due a refund, or that Megan has cancelled yet... according to my emails... I'm still having a photo.

Huh... unless she cancelled for everyone else and is only seeing me?! (Yeah, wishful thinking)

You just confirmed that whatever happened at Eventbrite, Things went royally wrong. That E-Mail shouldn't have gone out.

You will not hear from SM, the refund is handled by Eventbrite, the Website the ticket store is running on. The cancellation is on the Website and the Forum, that is generally as far as it goes. Sometimes Twitter and/or Facebook, but that is it.

There were 19 hours between my post with the last summary and your question. Most of this was night time, I said I would update when I can, and I did intend to Keep that. It would just be nice to be given the Chance to work on Things. Eventbrite had roughly 7 working hours to deal with the issue between the E-Mail and you asking. I don't know what exactly went wrong, but as it is clearly a Major issue that is not exactly a lot of time.

I just came on to post the promised update because - thank the deity of your choice - Eventbrite hit "Reply all" on the e-mail I was copied on and for a Change I do have a slight Idea of what is going on.

The issue has been escalated and in the future any requests relating to such issues will no longer be directed to SM, it is Eventbrite handling this. I will bring this "don't Forget to print" part up once the Office People are back, this should definitely not have happened either.

Eventbrite are saying all Megan Fox tickets have been refunded last night. They did NOT say if this includes correcting wrong refunds. As they don't know my name I doubt they will tell me if I ask. So if you have a wrong refund and have not had an update, please check with Eventbrite.

They have also said that half of the Mary McDonnell refunds have been done. No word about Val Kilmer. SM have instructed them to refund all cancelled guests.

This is all I know, and due to the fact that Eventbrite have never heard my Name in Connection with SM I am sure they won't tell me additional info if I should try and ask.

If you really have the desperate need to find out "why haven't I got my refund yet???" you need to contact Eventbrite. I'm afraid I have done all I can, anything I can think of has been exhausted.

• Thanks 1

Apologies if you thought I was being "snotty" in my message - I was simply confused because people had said they'd had emails from Showmasters and yet I have received nothing. This is the first time I have had a guest cancellation and I understand the reasons - which are also perfectly fine. I am not pointing fingers as to blame, I am not trying to cause issues - as I stated in my message. I simply asked a reasonable question due to people receiving different emails. Had I meant to have received an email from Showmasters, for example, I know I would have had to reach out to them (and they would have likely replied after the event now). Now you are saying it is through Eventbrite, I know that's not the case. 

The reason I asked my question is because no one else - in all of these posts that I read - have stated the same issue and are instead talking of refunds. I do not think my question is out of line but thank you for the response. 

5 minutes ago, slim said:

Apologies if you thought I was being "snotty" in my message - I was simply confused because people had said they'd had emails from Showmasters and yet I have received nothing. This is the first time I have had a guest cancellation and I understand the reasons - which are also perfectly fine. I am not pointing fingers as to blame, I am not trying to cause issues - as I stated in my message. I simply asked a reasonable question due to people receiving different emails. Had I meant to have received an email from Showmasters, for example, I know I would have had to reach out to them (and they would have likely replied after the event now). Now you are saying it is through Eventbrite, I know that's not the case. 

The reason I asked my question is because no one else - in all of these posts that I read - have stated the same issue and are instead talking of refunds. I do not think my question is out of line but thank you for the response. 

Although you have no way to know this unless you read the right specific posts Slim, all of the crew are at the event and so aren't available to deal with a few things, Queen is actually in hospital at the moment 24 hours after surgery so it's the drugs. She's doing what she can but shouldn't even really be on here at all :D but is doing it as they are short on Mods at the moment

Edited by Raylenth

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Although you have no way to know this unless you read the right specific posts Slim, all of the crew are at the event and so aren't available to deal with a few things, Queen is actually in hospital at the moment 24 hours after surgery so it's the drugs. She's doing what she can but shouldn't even really be on here at all :D but is doing it as they are short on Mods at the Moment

I've posted that a Little over a page ago in here actually. ;) 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, slim said:

It's probably the drugs again making me misunderstand everything, but with the exception of the "print your photo ticket" E-Mail your Situation is exactly the same as the others who have posted. I've been repeating the same Thing for 2.5 pages now, so forgive me that it becomes exhausting. I am typing these Long monologues everyone ignores on my phone in Addition.

I hope everything is clear now. Check your account in case the E-Mail got lost, if the right amount is there good, if the wrong amount is there please contact Eventbrite.

Got a redund today , but only £20 Of the £86 . Eventbrite say that I need to work with the organizer if I want to know anything more . They said I got two partial refunds , but only got the mail about £20 . I have not got any refund mail about Val Kilmer either yet ....

30 minutes ago, Chrimlee said:

Got a redund today , but only £20 Of the £86 . Eventbrite say that I need to work with the organizer if I want to know anything more . They said I got two partial refunds , but only got the mail about £20 . I have not got any refund mail about Val Kilmer either yet ....

No, you Need to speak to Eventbrite. It was promised yesterday that this was being communicated to everyone at Eventbrite Customer Service in an E-Mail, but unfortunately some People apparently have not got the Memo yet.

As I posted before, I can only tell Megan refunds have been processed completely and at the Point where I got this e-mail Mary refunds were half through.

I will try to Reply to the E-Mail I was copied on and ask about Val and remind them again to take care of their refund Problems. I can't guarantee they will listen because I am not one of their Office contacts, but I will try.

Nothing in my account yet so I don't know if I have the £86 coming or just £20. The email does say (partial refund) so I am thinking it will be the £20 unless they have sorted themselves out.

15 minutes ago, DIDS said:

Nothing in my account yet so I don't know if I have the £86 coming or just £20. The email does say (partial refund) so I am thinking it will be the £20 unless they have sorted themselves out.

Did you have other items on this order with Megan that might not have been refunded? Then it might be the 86 after all.

As I explained above, I have e-mailed Eventbrite to try and find out what is going on. I am really not sure if they'll give me any info because my Name is not associated with SM in their files. But as the complete Office staff is at the Show that's pretty much the Maximum I can do until they are back.