Guest Cancellation - Megan Fox

I was wondering whether it might take longer for my refund as I ordered the photoshoot yesterday morning and she cancelled in the afternoon. As it was the weekend does that mean you may not have taken the payment yet? How would it work if this is the case? Would my payment just be declined and go back into my account?

Edited by Charmer

4 minutes ago, Charmer said:

I was wondering whether it might take longer for my refund as I ordered the photoshoot yesterday morning and she cancelled in the afternoon. As it was the weekend does that mean you may not have taken the payment yet? How would it work if this is the case? Would my payment just be declined and go back into my account?

I'm really sorry, I genuinely don't know. The mods are not working with the store Software. You can try contacting the shop, but I can't promise if they will even Reply before the Event.

1 hour ago, Andrewmoore0 said:

Just my two cents, and I am sure I don't have a clue of the intricacies and challenges of running a business like SM, but feels like this is actually more of an opportunity for SM than a risk.

What the others have said. ;)

I've even explained that this was already being looked at, that's all I can tell sitting on my Hospital bed. As you said no one of us but SM knows exact Details. I trust them and accept they have their reasons for Business decisions, or I would not be volunteering for them and frequently be yelled at.  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Hayden Is My Hero said:

I’ve yet to have an email about cancellation/refund. Will it come through soon?

The cancelation happened on Saturday and today is the first working day since, so give them time! I got my Ted Raimi refund this morning and he cancelled before Megan.

I've seen it mentioned somewhere, probably in a reply on the facebook page that there may be an issue with some people not receiving the emails.  I don't believe this will affect refunds as SM tell Eventbrite to refund everyone, the email is just notification.  Keep an eye on your account and if you haven't had the money in 28 days then contact the SM shop

11 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

The cancelation happened on Saturday and today is the first working day since, so give them time! I got my Ted Raimi refund this morning and he cancelled before Megan.

I got my email confirming my refund for Lucy Davis' shoot and she was listed as cancelling on Friday so am hoping Meghan's comes through later. If not, then as long as the money comes back that's the main thing.

21 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I've seen it mentioned somewhere, probably in a reply on the facebook page that there may be an issue with some people not receiving the emails.  I don't believe this will affect refunds as SM tell Eventbrite to refund everyone, the email is just notification.  Keep an eye on your account and if you haven't had the money in 28 days then contact the SM shop

Nope, that was me posting on here.

56 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Rats, hope you're ok, QS!

Surgery tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, Charmer said:

I got my email confirming my refund for Lucy Davis' shoot and she was listed as cancelling on Friday so am hoping Meghan's comes through later. If not, then as long as the money comes back that's the main thing.

You will of Course get your refund. It's very likely just a System issue.

• Haha 1

Just now, Queen_Sindel said:

Surgery tomorrow.

Try to get some rest QS, you will need it tomorrow. As much as you are a goddess here with help and information you also need to rest. (Just concern and such, not "telling" ;))

1 minute ago, Chris1970 said:

Try to get some rest QS, you will need it tomorrow. As much as you are a goddess here with help and information you also need to rest. (Just concern and such, not "telling" ;))

What he said. ^^

We'll try and keep that Blue CareBear under control... ;)

3 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Surgery tomorrow

Being the gentleman that I am, I am prepared to take up moderation/administrative duties on the forum in order to allow you to make a full recovery. 

I will do it in a mature and professional manner. 

I promise. 

:angel:

The 1st time I did the London one I was next in line to get my Back To The Future poster signed and completed with the other signatures from the other days and I was cut off and told that;s it, To say I was unhappy was an understatement and every time I saw my poster with all the signatures but missing his I thought that's it, chance has gone.  He did last year so I learned it's not the end of the world when a guest cancels  as you could pick them up in the following years and never say never.  Now I just mutter an expletive to myself and shrug my shoulder when I see someone has cancelled as at least I have something in the vault to take out when they next do a con and won't need to go hunting for an item.  Plus spending all that money on other guests it's almost a nice relief getting money back so your credit card bill hasn't taken such a large hit.  I'll keep doing London , Glasgow , Birmingham every year and may even pop into a few nearby cities too if they have good guests. 

I'd never make the con the be all and end off because of one guest,

Unless it's Chloe Bennett and she cancels then I will throw the mother of all hissy fits in privacy and have my grump face of for months.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Readie19 said:

I still haven’t had an email about getting a refund, any idea how long that will take? 

There seems to have been an issue with some emails not going through, I presume you have checked all your folders?  You will still be refunded but if it isn't in you account 28 days after the cancellation then contact the showmasters shop, most people get the money back fairly quickly though

17 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

There seems to have been an issue with some emails not going through, I presume you have checked all your folders?  

Yes, and absolutely nothing. I think generally people (me included) are wanting the money back asap to purchase other photo ops.

9 minutes ago, Khalessi Kate said:

Yes, and absolutely nothing. I think generally people (me included) are wanting the money back asap to purchase other photo ops.

It's down to the banks and how quickly they process the transactions I'm afraid