Guest Cancellation - Megan Fox

3 hours ago, loveamyadams said:

who do i contact as regards the refunds,i have 2 to be refunded, (Fox and Modine) .my credit card details have changed since i bought them in April and May. Thanks.

shop@showmastersevents.com :)

6 hours ago, Darth-Marximus said:

Argghhh!

Obviously gutted as I've only just found out (by sheer chance) upon checking the ShowMasters webpage about Megan's unfortunate cancellation.  While I understand this is totally outwith anyone's control I can however see (according to these forums) that this occurred approx 5hrs ago - roughly when Sam Neill was posted on Facebook as an attendee. 

I had a Diamond Pass booked for Megan - therefore can I please ask when the confirmation emails of her cancellation will be sent out acknowledging refunds as I would like to perhaps reinvest in alternate photo-shoots and/or Diamond Pass's for other celebrities.   I've checked my emails and bank acc and nothing as yet - although it is the W/E

Kind Regards

DarthMarximus

It usually takes around 5 days depending on your bank but I wouldn't expect the email until next week as it's the weekend for Showmasters too.

7 hours ago, Darth-Marximus said:

Argghhh!

Obviously gutted as I've only just found out (by sheer chance) upon checking the ShowMasters webpage about Megan's unfortunate cancellation.  While I understand this is totally outwith anyone's control I can however see (according to these forums) that this occurred approx 5hrs ago - roughly when Sam Neill was posted on Facebook as an attendee. 

I had a Diamond Pass booked for Megan - therefore can I please ask when the confirmation emails of her cancellation will be sent out acknowledging refunds as I would like to perhaps reinvest in alternate photo-shoots and/or Diamond Pass's for other celebrities.   I've checked my emails and bank acc and nothing as yet - although it is the W/E

Kind Regards

DarthMarximus

My confirmation email for the refund came through last night.

7 hours ago, Darth-Marximus said:

Argghhh!

Kind Regards

DarthMarximus

My confirmation email for the refund came through last night.

That is so random... I would have thought that ALL necessary emails and subsequent refunds would be compiled together and any differences in timings beyond that would simply being down to individual banking practices.

I'm also in favour of communicating both the Amazing stuff (of which there is plenty) AND the disappointing stuff on Social Media as opposed to random searching through forums.

Sometimes one method of announcing gets ahead of another. This time the forum was first - usually the complaint is 'why is it not on the forum, I don't use Social Media.' Whatever happens, someone will feel it's not right.

The refunds are auctioned automatically and all at once. However, we did have reports about e-mails disappearing. Did you order from the address you are registered with here?

Have you checked spam and promo folders? If not don't worry too much, the email is just notification, you will still be refunded.  Just give it time and if you Havoline received the money after the legal repayment period contact the shop

Personally, I think if a guest cancels, then you should be entitled to your refund AND your entrance fee as well.

Not being funny, but I would imagine there are a lot of people like me who have planned their trip SPECIFICALLY to meet certain guests, then they cancel, so why should we have to pay out over £50 for an entrance fee for guests that are no longer going to be there?

I think that's totally wrong and will be taking this up with showmasters personally.

Noticed some of you have said your refund has come through automatically, nothing in my inbox yet.

Any idea when the cancellation was announced?

Would you e-mail them on e-mail listed above to be on safe side, or just wait?

4 minutes ago, Jonjon said:

Personally, I think if a guest cancels, then you should be entitled to your refund AND your entrance fee as well.

Not being funny, but I would imagine there are a lot of people like me who have planned their trip SPECIFICALLY to meet certain guests, then they cancel, so why should we have to pay out over £50 for an entrance fee for guests that are no longer going to be there?

I think that's totally wrong and will be taking this up with showmasters personally.

Entrance tickets are to the event Jonjon, , it's laid out in the terms and conditions people agree to when they buy the ticket.  it's the same terms for all events of this type, if you choose to come to see one guest only then you agree to and assume the risk of loosing out on your entry money if you decide not to come if the guest cancels.

Just now, Jonjon said:

Noticed some of you have said your refund has come through automatically, nothing in my inbox yet.

Any idea when the cancellation was announced?

Would you e-mail them on e-mail listed above to be on safe side, or just wait?

The cancellation was announced when this post went up, you can see the timestamp in the first post.  Do not email them, refunds will be processed if you have a ticket.  Only contact them after 28 days if it hasn't come through.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Have you checked spam and promo folders? If not don't worry too much, the email is just notification, you will still be refunded.  Just give it time and if you Havoline received the money after the legal repayment period contact the shop

Yeah I checked all my folders. Like you say though, i'm not fussed. It'll come eventually

8 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Entrance tickets are to the event Jonjon, , it's laid out in the terms and conditions people agree to when they buy the ticket.  it's the same terms for all events of this type, if you choose to come to see one guest only then you agree to and assume the risk of loosing out on your entry money if you decide not to come if the guest cancels.

The cancellation was announced when this post went up, you can see the timestamp in the first post.  Do not email them, refunds will be processed if you have a ticket.  Only contact them after 28 days if it hasn't come through.  

I totally get that and don't need you to explain the policy to me thankyou, as I do understand it.

The point I was making is I think it's unfair for showmasters to deny refunds when guests cancel and I feel you should be entitled to a full refund (including you entrance fee) under these circumstances.

Lets say you book a shoot for 3 guests and 2 cancel...………………. At this point in time, many I would imagine would possibly consider not to make the trip (especially if its a long way) so this is the point I am making...…………….why should they deny a refund, because I think that's wrong and just a way of getting money out of you?

I just think it could have been handled slightly more fairly, don't you?  

2 minutes ago, Jonjon said:

I totally get that and don't need you to explain the policy to me thankyou, as I do understand it.

The point I was making is I think it's unfair for showmasters to deny refunds when guests cancel and I feel you should be entitled to a full refund (including you entrance fee) under these circumstances.

Lets say you book a shoot for 3 guests and 2 cancel...………………. At this point in time, many I would imagine would possibly consider not to make the trip (especially if its a long way) so this is the point I am making...…………….why should they deny a refund, because I think that's wrong and just a way of getting money out of you?

I think it is handled fairly the way it is. If it is such a big problem, wait untill the last minute to book travel, hotel, entry, photo shoots and diamond passes. Problem solved.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

I think it is handled fairly the way it is. If it is such a big problem, wait untill the last minute to book travel, hotel, entry, photo shoots and diamond passes. Problem solved.

I don't see how that would solve the problem quite frankly.

Hotels sell out, choices become very limited and can get VERY expensive, especially at this time of year, travel isn't as discounted at short notice as advanced fares.

Shoots and packages sell out with very popular guests, so don't see how this solves the problem.

Great plan btw.

Each to their own I suppose. LOL

Edited by Jonjon

This is not a Megan Fox-Con but a multi genre convention. If it would have been a MF-Con it would have been a totally different matter with refunds. SM can not work by seperate rules depending on how many guests you or anyone decide to see. That too would be unfair. Rules are set, when you book you are informed what comes with it, even with Photo Ops and Diamond Passes. T&C is for all of us. And I know lots of people wait until much closer to the event before they buy entry ticket if they only plan to see just one guest, just in case they cancel.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

This is not a Megan Fox-Con but a multi genre convention. If it would have been a MF-Con it would have been a totally different matter with refunds. SM can not work by seperate rules depending on how many guests you or anyone decide to see. That too would be unfair. Rules are set, when you book you are informed what comes with it, even with Photo Ops and Diamond Passes. T&C is for all of us. And I know lots of people wait until much closer to the event before they buy entry ticket if they only plan to see just one guest, just in case they cancel.

Why would there need to be separate rules?

It's quite simple really...……………. a guest cancels, you are therefore entitled to a refund.

I think that's more than reasonable if you ask me, but they cant do that can they?

2 minutes ago, Jonjon said:

It's quite simple really...……………. a guest cancels, you are therefore entitled to a refund.

I think that's more than reasonable if you ask me, but they cant do that can they?

Yes you are entitled to a refund, but only a refund of what you purchased for that individual guest if they cancel, I’m assuming here that you bought Megan Fox’s diamond pass. But like Chris1970 has said this is a multi genre comic con and not a Megan Fox only comic con, showmasters do state that entry tickets and such are non refundable and non transferable, so basically I suggest you just go to the event and enjoy it, feel happy you can actually attend this year because the line up is amazing, I wish I could be there because there are so many people I want to meet but oh well, and also it’s a very sad day when geeks start complaining about having to attend a comic con, maybe the world really is ending haha 

• Like 3

It's always a risk going to one of these big events to meet only 2-3 guests.

What's true though, is guests obviously help an organiser sell tickets.

When specific guests cancel, the customer is left in the lurch and may think it unfair they can't get the cost of their entry ticket back...but spare a thought for the organiser. Cancellations - especially in the 2 weeks leading up to an event - can cost a lot in terms of unrecoverable expenses. Not just the monetary expenses associated with booking guests, but the sheer time and effort put into arranging their appearance.

45 minutes ago, Jonjon said:

But where do you draw the line? Do you say anyone who has a guest cancel gets a refund? But then what if all my friends pull out on me, I don't want to go anymore, so I use a guest cancellation as an excuse. SM would open themselves up to anyone being able to cancel, and use that as their reason. Do you say 'anyone who has proof of a guest cancelling on them gets a refund? In which case, what if i'm only going for an autograph, I have no proof that I wanted to meet that guest. You could say, anyone who has a diamond pass guest cancel on them gets a refund? But that's unfair for non diamond holders? I guess you could say anyone who has no guests left gets a refund, but what if I have two guests booked, one I really want to meet, and one I only kind of want to meet. The one I really want to meet cancels, and I feel like I don't want to go. But am I allowed a full refund at that point? Guests are just an attraction (albeit the main one), just like the exhibits, games corner or comic zone. I have a friend who only goes for the fudge place. Do they get a refund if the fudge place pulls out? 

I understand your frustration, but logistically it just seems fairer to offer a blanket wide no refunds policy, compared to tailoring it to specific conditions.

Edited by tenaciouspirit

1 hour ago, Jonjon said:

You understand the policy but disagree with it and think it shouldn't apply.  Sorry Jonjon, you agreed to it when you bought your tickets.   You seem to be blanking on a fundamental point here.  The entry tickets are to get you in to the show.  The show is still happening.  If you want to go to see a specific guest that is your choice but doesn't change what the entry ticket is and it's terms.  If you choose not to come, whatever the reason is, it is still your choice.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Jonjon said:

You are refunded for guest related activites.  Entry tickets are not solely guest related tickets

44 minutes ago, Jonjon said:

But your entry ticket isn't for the guest. Your entry ticket is to give you access to guest halls, the Merch tables, the free talks... none of that has changed. And if we focus on the guest halls specifically, we are talking about wanting a refund due to one cancellation out of near on 120 guests still attending I believe.

You want a fair refund system? By my math you are entitled at most to 1/120th of your entry ticket cost :)

• Like 3