Guest Cancellation - Megan Fox

I was Only coming to see Megan. Now she’s cancelled I should be refunded entry tickets too? As we “have to buy them” so now she’s cancelled we should be able to get a full refund on all we had to buy in order to meet her..? Now we’re not going.

We shouldn’t be out of pocket due to her cancelling, not our fault, we won’t be coming now. I had 2 Saturday and 2 Sunday day entry passes and the DP with her... we had to buy all them for her.

What a nightmare! I think I Had her booked since March?! Totally gutted.

I understand they can cancel and things happen but I shouldn’t  be expected to lose the 2 days entrance money and then expected to pay it all again if she attends a future event? :( 

2 minutes ago, Kristian said:

I was Only coming to see Megan. Now she’s cancelled I should be refunded entry tickets too? As we “have to buy them” so now she’s cancelled we should be able to get a full refund on all we had to buy in order to meet her..? Now we’re not going.

We shouldn’t be out of pocket due to her cancelling, not our fault, we won’t be coming now. I had 2 Saturday and 2 Sunday day entry passes and the DP with her... we had to buy all them for her.

I understand they can cancel and things happen but I shouldn’t  be expected to lose the 2 days entrance money and then expected to pay it all again if she attends a future event? :( 

I'm afraid you can't get refunded on entry tickets if a guest cancels.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kristian said:

The entry tickets are non refundable as you are paying entry for the show and are not guest specific, Kristian.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Kristian said:

As the others have stated when you buy entry tickets it is for the show and not guest specific, the terms and conditions when purchasing tickets do state these are non refundable and non transferrable.

"Only entry tickets and gold passes include entry to the event, and this will be on the days stated only. Activities may take place across all days of the event. We do not take responsibility for any missed activities due to not being present for the full duration of the event.
Guests appear subject to work commitments. Not all guests will appear all days.
Entry tickets are non refundable or transferable unless the show is cancelled, however should you purchase an individual photo session with a guest who cancels you will be allowed a refund on your photo session ticket."

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Kristian - I have hidden your last post.  I understand your frustration but the terms and conditions are very clearly stated at the point of purchase, if you wish to take this further please email the online store and speak to the sales team.

Edited by StuartG2198

6 minutes ago, Kristian said:

You both did, you may not have read it but it was in the T's and C's.

Many may not understand my logic behind it last year, but as I only had 3 guests that I wanted to meet I bought my photos early and left the entry ticket until last thing when I knew the likelihood was high they would all be there. Photos can get refunded, entry cannot. So I waited until the low tickets remaining warning was issued for the day I wanted to attend and then bought it.

This year with an initial 9 guests I wanted to meet I bought my entry early as even with the 4 cancellations I've had since, I've swapped to 2 other guests with the impending refund and still have 7 to get through for a good day and experience.

These things unfortunately happen - you have to remember guests are people too, not robots.

Edited by StuartG2198

Also we all totally understand how frustrating it is when the guest you want cancels but the entry ticket rules are standard across the industry.  If you are booking to see one person and are paying out for travel and hotels ect you have to ask yourself before hand if you can risk it knowing there is a chance the guest can cancel and entry is non refundable

2 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

Many may not understand my logic behind it last year, but as I only had 3 guests that I wanted to meet I bought my photos early and left the entry ticket until last thing when I knew the likelihood was high they would all be there. Photos can get refunded, entry cannot. So I waited until the low tickets remaining warning was issued for the day I wanted to attend and then bought it.

Very understandable, I just buy tickets when I book my hotel. The chance that there will be no actors I want to meet is very small. Even if guests cancel, I'll still have a great time meeting new people because I always come alone to these things. Of course if they would cancel all Doctor Who actors in the next week, I will not be so happy about that either but it happens. London is a great city and I'm always happy to be away from home for a few days.

2 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

Very understandable, I just buy tickets when I book my hotel. The chance that there will be no actors I want to meet is very small. Even if guests cancel, I'll still have a great time meeting new people because I always come alone to these things. Of course if they would cancel all Doctor Who actors in the next week, I will not be so happy about that either but it happens. London is a great city and I'm always happy to be away from home for a few days.

It is the wide spectra of genre that attracts me, just know that anything could happen. The big surprise of who the guest might be each time it is announced, sometimes it is for me and sometimes it isnt but still the joy it gives others just adds a special feeling over lfcc. I am so happy with the latest addition, pity guests have to cancel but it is known from day one it can happen. All part of the Con game, no matter where in the world. I know I will have a fantastic weekend and I look forward to see all of you, some I guess without knowing. And I am happy for each and everyone of you that get to meet whoever you are meeting. Enjoy! ^_^

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

It is the wide spectra of genre that attracts me, just know that anything could happen. The big surprise of who the guest might be each time it is announced, sometimes it is for me and sometimes it isnt but still the joy it gives others just adds a special feeling over lfcc. I am so happy with the latest addition, pity guests have to cancel but it is known from day one it can happen. All part of the Con game, no matter where in the world. I know I will have a fantastic weekend and I look forward to see all of you, some I guess without knowing. And I am happy for each and everyone of you that get to meet whoever you are meeting. Enjoy! ^_^

Couldn't have said it better myself :thumbup:

21 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

True, that's what also attracts me. If every Doctor Who guest had to cancel next week, I'd still have 8 photoshoots left. I'm on 17 shoots right now, it's a personal record (most of the cons I attend have like 8 guests). I wouldn't even mind if some of these guests cancel next week because I actually could use some chill time instead of running across the halls :P

Argghhh!

Obviously gutted as I've only just found out (by sheer chance) upon checking the ShowMasters webpage about Megan's unfortunate cancellation.  While I understand this is totally outwith anyone's control I can however see (according to these forums) that this occurred approx 5hrs ago - roughly when Sam Neill was posted on Facebook as an attendee. 

I had a Diamond Pass booked for Megan - therefore can I please ask when the confirmation emails of her cancellation will be sent out acknowledging refunds as I would like to perhaps reinvest in alternate photo-shoots and/or Diamond Pass's for other celebrities.   I've checked my emails and bank acc and nothing as yet - although it is the W/E

Kind Regards

DarthMarximus

19 minutes ago, Darth-Marximus said:

Argghhh!

Obviously gutted as I've only just found out (by sheer chance) upon checking the ShowMasters webpage about Megan's unfortunate cancellation.  While I understand this is totally outwith anyone's control I can however see (according to these forums) that this occurred approx 5hrs ago - roughly when Sam Neill was posted on Facebook as an attendee. 

I had a Diamond Pass booked for Megan - therefore can I please ask when the confirmation emails of her cancellation will be sent out acknowledging refunds as I would like to perhaps reinvest in alternate photo-shoots and/or Diamond Pass's for other celebrities.   I've checked my emails and bank acc and nothing as yet - although it is the W/E

Kind Regards

DarthMarximus

I would guess 4-5 days before you get the money back. So it has been with my cancellations.