Guest Cancellation - Megan Fox

Ahh that's really lousy news. Had a Normal and Bumblebee shoot booked with her. Whilst that money can go elsewhere I'm truly gutted on this one as she was the main person I was coming for. Hopefully she can be rebooked soon, maybe for LFCC Spring.

This is the first year I joined the forums, so I am actually seeing one after another cancel.

Presumably this happens every year....I just was oblivious until arriving at Olympia previously..........:(

Oh well this is one I have been undecided on the DP.....not a problem anymore.

Only a few more days.......how many more to cancel.....:P

Or how many more new guests.

Edited by AckAck

6 minutes ago, AckAck said:

This is the first year I joined the forums, so I am actually seeing one after another cancel.

Presumably this happens every year....I just was oblivious until arriving at Olympia previously..........:(

Oh well this is one I have been undecided on the DP.....not a problem anymore.

Only a few more days.......how many more to cancel.....:P

Or how many more new guests.

Unfortunately if you want to get bigger guests to cons it makes cancellations more likely as they are more in demand for their actual job. Still a very strong line up though. Hope this is the last of the cancellations.

• Moderators
Just now, HeartDT said:

How soon once you know about a cancellation does it  take for you to announce it?

Cancellations are announced as soon as possible.  There is obviously a discussion that takes place to make sure that there is nothing that can be done to get the guest to the show and when it is not possible a cancellation post is made.

45 minutes ago, Charmer said:

Btw, how long to refunds usually take? I also did a pre order for her autograph so I didn’t risk missing out. Would refunds be in time to use the money for another guest or after the event?

Usually a couple of working days, please bear with the office as they're busy getting ready for LFCC.

Also, the preorders are on a different system to the photoshoots so they will be coming through separately.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, andrewrolar said:

At least we know why she was missing on the photo schedule

I will make sure to say "thank you" to TooTall for feeding conspiracy theories. :P;)All he did was he put up a draft where he had forgotten about the Bumblebee shoot before sending it through the usual "third set of eyes" to check because he knew Stuart and I would be driven nuts with the "where's the schedule?" questions over the weekend otherwise.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, andrewrolar said:

At least we know why she was missing on the photo schedule

She wasn't missing Andrew, they hadn't divided the Bumblebee prop shoot into a section for her shoot, but she was/is listed on all the other days for her solos.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Readie19 said:

I’m not that much looking forward to this event anymore now that she’s cancelled :(

Sorry to hear that, unfortunately when booking guests there is always a risk of cancellation, sadly it can be the nature of the beast when booking names such as Megan, their other commitments sometimes have to take priority, as I mentioned earlier however if SM can work something out in the future I’m sure Megan will join us one day.