Latest Guest Announcement - SAM NEILL

Just now, Pir8Jenny said:

Sad face.  Was hoping there'd be some way folks who paid for the talk could access it.  Ah well. 

It's not as simple as that, even if it was only available to DP holders.  Any footage from something like that you have to have the rights to distribute which means legal official agreements in place with the person being filmed.  It's not as simple as uploading it.  It's also been said that a lot of guests would be a lot less willing to talk as they do if it's recorded.

6 hours ago, Mazzamoo said:

Hello, When will I get my Sam Neil Green Screen shoot refunded please?  I paid by card.

As soon as it can be processed Mazzamoo, they are still at the show breaking down but Queen said in another thread they can trigger the refunds, so you should get it soon

We never got to meet him, the VQ number didn't get high enough on Saturday and it was impossible to even get near him to check on Sunday so we gave up. We're disappointed but these things happen and we got everyone else we wanted. I'm sure they'll be other opportunities! :) 

• Sad 1

I'm not saying that they stole it from me (:ph34r:) but two guys took my idea:

On 7/21/2018 at 7:28 PM, tompain100 said:

And it's a shame my budget doesn't stretch to a photo - would be amazing to get one wearing one of these bad-boys:

61oJHQ4UznL._SY355_.jpg

Living the dream.

and ran with it - only for Sam Neill to then tweet it:

That could have been me :(

• Haha 3

I mainly know him for Jurassic Park so wasn't desperate for his autograph, so for the first time in 10 years of convention going, opted for a photoshoot only because I couldn't miss this rare chance to meet him.

Saw him at 6:40 on Saturday evening, one of the last few to see him after he had blasted through the hundreds before. There were maybe 3 other people there and it was so relaxed compared to the usual conveyor belt experience with the huge guests. I wasn't expecting much given it was the end of a long day but hee was very polite with his greeting, a handshake and a how are you which I answered and reciprocated. When the photo was done I said that I enjoyed him in 'Sirens', he looked surprised, gave me a sincere "thank you," paused, and with a grin said I was the only person to say that to him all day. A brief but nice meet.

• Like 4

On 8/2/2018 at 9:53 PM, Dent_1 said:

I mainly know him for Jurassic Park so wasn't desperate for his autograph, so for the first time in 10 years of convention going, opted for a photoshoot only because I couldn't miss this rare chance to meet him.

Saw him at 6:40 on Saturday evening, one of the last few to see him after he had blasted through the hundreds before. There were maybe 3 other people there and it was so relaxed compared to the usual conveyor belt experience with the huge guests. I wasn't expecting much given it was the end of a long day but hee was very polite with his greeting, a handshake and a how are you which I answered and reciprocated. When the photo was done I said that I enjoyed him in 'Sirens', he looked surprised, gave me a sincere "thank you," paused, and with a grin said I was the only person to say that to him all day. A brief but nice meet.

That's a lovely moment you had with Sam! :smile: Sam was so appreciative when I mentioned how much I loved him in The Tudors. Such an amazing moment! :smile:

• Like 1