LFCC 2018 Schedule - UPDATED 26/7

No email from Showmaster saying Ted Raimi cancelled. checked the website and saw Matthew Modine and Lucy Davis Cancelled too.  There goes a bunch of stuff I wanted signed. My load just got lighter to lug around the 3 days.

Just now, TankerT said:

Just to make sure I am reading this correctly, some guests have photo shoot blocks that are only 5 minutes long?

Yes. Showmasters know what they are doing and know how long they will need for the tickets they have sold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bhup said:

No email from Showmaster saying Ted Raimi cancelled. checked the website and saw Matthew Modine and Lucy Davis Cancelled too.  There goes a bunch of stuff I wanted signed. My load just got lighter to lug around the 3 days.

You should receive an email about the refund next week.

Yes this is only a draft, but its a blummin' good start (bar the few missing items people are identifying). We know things are always subject to change right up to the event itself, but it at least gives us an idea of where you are heading with things. Wish you would do this pre-release for all events you do!

Depending on how close the photoshoot areas are to each other on Friday, I have a couple of clashes. But given I have help with queueing and there are afternoon shoots I can opt for if needed, none of it is insurmountable.

1 minute ago, touchthesky said:

Weeeee. So. 

We have Yalc tickets so won’t be in the main hall until later. So we wouldn’t be able to get to the am iwan or Tony Robinson photos should our number be included. 

Can we just rock up to the PM one instead? 

Yes, you can go anytime after your batch has been called, including a later session.

4 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Yes. Showmasters know what they are doing and know how long they will need for the tickets they have sold.

Not doubting that they have this well oiled.  I just wanted to make sure I was reading this correctly as I have some that are close, and two that overlap and will make a cheat-sheet to reference on the day.  (Realizing I will have to check it on the day, for possible changes..)

• Like 1

Just now, Wrong Name said:

You should receive an email about the refund next week.

Cool , usually you get the dreaded email and see someone cancelled and jump onto the website to see who else is out.  Although it's a disappointment it's a relief too as like I said less things to walk about with and more time to get autographs so you can ditch as much stuff as possible as it's not needed for the next day and so on. At least no guests I was desperate to see have cancelled ....so far , fingers crossed  Might just buy some photo ops to fill in space if I get a lot done on the day

With everyone worried about clashes...makes me glad I'm only there to see Tom Welling. Friday; autos then photo with Tom & John. Saturday; auto, photo with Tom, talk. Glad I won't be rushing to anything. :P

Just now, lz23angel said:

Just my luck- I have three photos on friday and two of them clash :lol:

I've managed to say in last few year to whoever is in charge of that booth that I have a clash and they slide you in then ran to the other one and got the back end of it.  the AM / PM shoots make it so easier now but even last year had a few clashed and did the same and pleaded my case.

Just now, Wrong Name said:

We don't have a floorplan yet I'm afraid.

hope they are like last year. Was so much easier than a few years ago when you were going on different floors and corners looking for your shoot in panic mode as you were rushing about when they were close by .  Last years was the best but man it was still crazy busy in that photo area but so much better to know to head to that section and find the booth when you are there

3 minutes ago, Bhup said:

I've managed to say in last few year to whoever is in charge of that booth that I have a clash and they slide you in then ran to the other one and got the back end of it.  the AM / PM shoots make it so easier now but even last year had a few clashed and did the same and pleaded my case.

Oh good, I’d hate to think that it just looks like I’m trying to push in....

Just now, lz23angel said:

Oh good, I’d hate to think that it just looks like I’m trying to push in....

People will understand. It can get stressful but we are all there for the same thing.  I let in people in front of me in the line so they could get a few extra minutes to run to the next one and have also been let in to lines as they clashed. If anyone in the line looks pissed just ignore them and do your thing

• Thanks 1