Olympia Entrances and door access

32 minutes ago, Tom Beaker said:

I still don't understand why the Extra Help wristbands cannot be obtained on the Thursday. 

Because it's the decision they have made for this year Tom.  You won't get much more of a reason than that I'm afraid.  That's not to say they won't redress it, or look into doing it for Thursday next year, but I think it's a logistics thing more than likely.  Also as they have expanded the collections to include Weekend passes they may want to see how that goes before they expand it even further.

The more they offer pre event, the more time and staff it takes.

Just now, Raylenth said:

Because it's the decision they have made for this year Tom.  You won't get much more of a reason than that I'm afraid.  That's not to say they won't redress it, or look into doing it for Thursday next year, but I think it's a logistics thing more than likely.  Also as they have expanded the collections to include Weekend passes they may want to see how that goes before they expand it even further.

The more they offer pre event, the more time and staff it takes.

OK. So, I have a gold pass, my partner who is accompanying me requires the extra help. Effectively I am her carer for the event. On Friday how do  my partner and I get the Gold Pass entrance to take advantage of the early entry without the extra help band? Do those with Extra Help bands get let in early also (as was the case with Collectormania 25) so we can go in via that entrance?

I ask because it seems that, at this moment in time on the Friday, Gold Pass + Extra Help Required means no early entry. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!! 

3 minutes ago, Tom Beaker said:

OK. So, I have a gold pass, my partner who is accompanying me requires the extra help. Effectively I am her carer for the event. On Friday how do  my partner and I get the Gold Pass entrance to take advantage of the early entry without the extra help band? Do those with Extra Help bands get let in early also (as was the case with Collectormania 25) so we can go in via that entrance?

I ask because it seems that, at this moment in time on the Friday, Gold Pass + Extra Help Required means no early entry. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!! 

You've hit the one problematic combo I think.  I'd suggest getting to the venue at a decent time if you can and going to register for the Access pass first then going to the Gold door.  Hopefully that should work

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

You've hit the one problematic combo I think.  I'd suggest getting to the venue at a decent time if you can and going to register for the Access pass first then going to the Gold door.  Hopefully that should work

Apologies if its been mentioned on other threads but what time will Extra Help passes be handed out on Friday? 

Just now, Tom Beaker said:

Apologies if its been mentioned on other threads but what time will Extra Help passes be handed out on Friday? 

Nothing has been said Tom so I guess it will be from opening?  Unless Mods can confirm otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Nothing has been said Tom so I guess it will be from opening?  Unless Mods can confirm otherwise.

So, assuming its from opening, the Gold Pass early entry for Friday is void because my partner requires extra help. 

The queue hall opens at 8 on the Friday. I haven't done General Entry tickets for many years but I hear they start scanning tickets when the hall opens, so would they not do the same for the Extra Help passes?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Snorby said:

Sorry, new to this. I have a standard 1 day photo shoot on Saturday, can I safely assume Gate h is where I need to go please?

Do you have your entry ticket as well as your photoshoot ticket? Cos you'll not be able to get in without one! :smile:

Edited by wjbleming
  • Like 1

Gold Pass attendees, bring a brolly, as BBC Weather shows showers and Thunder, between 6 - 9 on Friday morning   :mellow:. As we'll be the ones queuing outside, and there is no shelter, you could get wet :( 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bundyse said:

Gold Pass attendees, bring a brolly, as BBC Weather shows showers and Thunder, between 6 - 9 on Friday morning   :mellow:. As we'll be the ones queuing outside, and there is no shelter, you could get wet :( 

Cue gene Kelly cosplay. ;)

On 20/07/2018 at 5:07 PM, Too Tall said:

THURSDAY 26TH JULY 

Grand Hall Entrance – Olympia Way – opposite Kensington Olympia Station

Gold Pass, Diamond Pass, 3 Day Tickets, 3 Day YALC pass Collection.

All of the above passes can be collected at the above entrance between 3pm and 8pm. This is not mandatory and only offered as an extra service.

The show is not open on this day so there no access to any of the halls. Pass collection will be on a first come first served basis.

FRIDAY 27TH, SATURDAY 28TH AND SUNDAY 29TH JULY

Grand Hall Entrance – Olympia Way – opposite Kensington Olympia Station

Gold Pass Entrance

Olympia Main Reception – on Hammersmith Road

YALC Entrance

________________________________________________________________________________

Olympia West Entrance – in Blythe Road

Extra Help Entrance for Day tickets & 3 Day Ticket holders

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olympia West - Gate H – in Blythe Road

Main Entrance – Day Tickets, 3 Day Tickets, Diamond Pass Collection and Pay On The Day (subject to availability)

Olympia West Entrance and Gate H will open for queuing at the following times

Friday 8.00am

Saturday 7.00am

Sunday 7.30am

If you have a Gold Pass and Diamond passes - you should go to the Gold Pass entrance and your Diamond Passes will be held with your Gold passes. You do not need to go to both places.

If you have a YALC, or Gold ticket and require extra help, there will be extra help points at both of those entrances so you should go there first.

2udzxgj.jpg

So Extra Help is the Gate H aswell? Or is there a different door?

1 minute ago, SilentHook88 said:

So Extra Help is the Gate H aswell? Or is there a different door?

Extra help is the blue arrow just round from gate H beside the word “road” of Blythe Road on the map.

• Thanks 1

Hello, 
I print this out but I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused..It's my 1st time to Olympia, I have a 3-day ticket, no gold passes and stuff like that, so my question is in which entrance I need to go so to enter when I come there? Can I choose one of those too or only one? Same questions for the exit the building.. thank you!

Edited by TheLastStarfighter

2 minutes ago, TheLastStarfighter said:

Hello, 
I print this out but I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused..I have a 3-day ticket, no gold passes and stuff like that, so my question is from which entrance I need to enter when I come there? Can I choose one of those too or only one? Same questions for the exit the building.. thank you!

You enter in Gate H I believe, with the general entry people (someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

Just now, jammyc1 said:

Hi,

I have two diamond passes for Sunday guests. On saturday when I go to enter, can I collect my diamond passes on the saturday, if so is that the H entrance?

Yes and yes if you have day or Weekend tickets