Olympia Entrances and door access

On 23/07/2018 at 12:55 PM, Wrong Name said:

The queue hall opens at 8 on the Friday. I haven't done General Entry tickets for many years but I hear they start scanning tickets when the hall opens, so would they not do the same for the Extra Help passes?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

On 23/07/2018 at 1:00 PM, Queen_Sindel said:

As far as I know - it is not guaranteed because as stated I am a Little cut off from communication at the Moment - as far as I know the extra help pass desk would be manned when the Queue hall opens, or shortly thereafter. 

seems to be some confusion when collecting my passes today as well. They weren’t sure whether I should go for entrance H or the access entrance immediately to the side (Olympia West).

I just have a day ticket,  so I’m plucking for the access entrance to the side of entrance H and will wait until I am told otherwise. However if it does happen to be something else, then surely anyone with extra help is losing the five minute advantage on early entrance if we are having to queue with everyone else? Or am I missing something? 

3 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

seems to be some confusion when collecting my passes today as well. They weren’t sure whether I should go for entrance H or the access entrance immediately to the side (Olympia West).

I just have a day ticket,  so I’m plucking for the access entrance to the side of entrance H and will wait until I am told otherwise. However if it does happen to be something else, then surely anyone with extra help is losing the five minute advantage on early entrance if we are having to queue with everyone else? Or am I missing something? 

As I said in my post after this, I have very little knowledge of extra help access so I apologise, and please ignore anything I have said as I do not know if it correct or not.

18 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

TooTall said it is the entrance marked on the map as extra help entrance. All info I can give, sorry.

8 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

TooTall said it is the entrance marked on the map as extra help entrance. All info I can give, sorry.

Ok based on that I’m going for Olympia West entrance. Will be there before 8am so if it’s any different to that I’ll post on here for others with EH to see.;)

1 minute ago, FanGirl said:

Sat outside the Olympia West Door for the Extra Help queue and we are first in the queue. Everyone else coming to queue up are all walking to Gate H and I’m wondering am I in the right place lol

I’ll be there soon!

23 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Btw, the gate H queue is going clockwise around the building. So it will go past the extra help entrance

I just arrived and noticed it’s the same direction as 2016.

If only venue staff could make their minds up! :lol:

28 minutes ago, Dave[BE] said:

what was supposed to be a fun day (after waiting for so many years) is turning into a nightmare

our plane from cologne is delayed for at least 2 hours... If we arrive at 12, there's going to be a huge queu, right?

oh yeah, never fly eurowings!

Considering it opens at 10, I would hope there’s no queue by that point!

37 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Btw, the gate H queue is going clockwise around the building. So it will go past the extra help entrance

I’m going to be there in about 30 minutes, how long is the queue already?! Then again aren’t they only opening the hall at 8? So no wonder everyone is outside...

In row five of the queue, which is now at least ten or eleven deep. Should be okay for my VQs fingers crossed. Guy behind me in the queue didn’t know about the first floor (!) so I’ve done my good deed for the day heh.