Olympia Entrances and door access

31 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

You have to go all the way to gate H.

Many thanks I had a feeling that I would but thought it was worth asking! I'm just coming to meet David Duchovny and his first photo session isn't till 1155 so its not like I'm in any great rush! Looking forward to it tho! :lol:

17 minutes ago, red8886 said:

So I'm just going on Sunday and would need xtra help so I was figured I was going to the entrance at Blythe Road.  I just bough a diamond pass for Sam Neill. Where should I go now.

The West entrance on Blythe road if you have applied for Access, they will have your Diamond passes there

Hi. Do I need a specific YALC ticket to use the YALC entrance? My first photoshoot isn't til 11:55am so I was hoping to check out the YALC section first but I see the Saturday YALC tickets are sold out so I was just going to get a standard Saturday ticket... I understand I wouldn't be able to go through to the main section til 10am but that's fine.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Spookie said:

Hi. Do I need a specific YALC ticket to use the YALC entrance? My first photoshoot isn't til 11:55am so I was hoping to check out the YALC section first but I see the Saturday YALC tickets are sold out so I was just going to get a standard Saturday ticket... I understand I wouldn't be able to go through to the main section til 10am but that's fine.

Thanks!

To enter through the YALC entrance you need a YALC ticket, as YALC ticket holders get to join the YALC section from the opening time. Regular ticket holders can't join the YALC section before the same times the YALC ticket holders can join the LFCC section, I think..

15 hours ago, Hawkman40 said:

At Birmingham, I remember going straight in showing my QR code of my-prepurchased entry tickets. There was no queue, but a rather long one to the side of me - I'm guessing they hadn't bought any tickets prior.

Can I safely assume that if I've bought prior entry tickets and have the printed sheet or QR code on my app, that entry ( once I find the right door) is quick?

I heard some story about people queuing for hours at London last year to get in - but who were these exactly?

My tip arrive after gates open. Then you join a moving queue and it's usually a bit easier to see which queue to join as they tend to merge as they back up all the way to the train station. 

Last time it was snaked all he way round the venue back to olympia station just for standard entry. 

It's one thing getting up at 6am for early entry, but what if you have a pre-paid photoshoot e.g. the General Lee with Bo, Luke and Daisy Duke at 11am, and as you wait in the queue you know at 10:45am  that you simply won't make it through the doors??

Are you justified in pushing to the front and explaining to the guys at the door? 

4 minutes ago, Hawkman40 said:

It's one thing getting up at 6am for early entry, but what if you have a pre-paid photoshoot e.g. the General Lee with Bo, Luke and Daisy Duke at 11am, and as you wait in the queue you know at 10:45am  that you simply won't make it through the doors??

Are you justified in pushing to the front and explaining to the guys at the door? 

If you are running out of time and there's only on photo session then yes, alert the crew, but if you have general entry and you are still queuing to get in at 10.45 then something has gone massively wrong inside ;) - Well, on Sat and Sun mainly as they open at 9

Edited by Raylenth

15 hours ago, VikingGrrrl said:

To enter through the YALC entrance you need a YALC ticket, as YALC ticket holders get to join the YALC section from the opening time. Regular ticket holders can't join the YALC section before the same times the YALC ticket holders can join the LFCC section, I think..

13 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Yes, there's a one hour embargo on entrance to each section from opening both ways

Thank you both. So I could go in the YALC entrance from 10am? Although I guess at that time there would be a way to go between the areas inside, without exiting the building and going round to the YALC entrance?

• Moderators
Just now, Spookie said:

Thank you both. So I could go in the YALC entrance from 10am? Although I guess at that time there would be a way to go between the areas inside, without exiting the building and going round to the YALC entrance?

The YALC entrance remains only for those with a YALC ticket even after 10am. Anyone with a non-YALC ticket who wants to get into YALC will use the internal connections at that point.

Sorry to be asking questions all over the place but a bit confused, I purchased full 3 day passes for both myself and partner/carer on the event shop page and have applied for extra help, do I go straight to Olympia West on Blythe at the extra help entrance for our help bands and entrance bands to get in or do we need to go to gate h first for entry bands then extra help entrance for help band and entry? Sorry to be thick, we've never been before and thanks in advance for any help :)

2 minutes ago, CarkinsBug said:

Sorry to be asking questions all over the place but a bit confused, I purchased full 3 day passes for both myself and partner/carer on the event shop page and have applied for extra help, do I go straight to Olympia West on Blythe at the extra help entrance for our help bands and entrance bands to get in or do we need to go to gate h first for entry bands then extra help entrance for help band and entry? Sorry to be thick, we've never been before and thanks in advance for any help :)

You only go to Blythe Road. Everything will be waiting for you at extra help desk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

You only go to Blythe Road. Everything will be waiting for you at extra help desk

Thank you!!! I know it must be hard with all that's going on lately so thanks for taking the time to answer! You guys are doing an amazing job, I hope you have a better few days coming up, I appreciate the job you're doing ☺

• Like 1

3 hours ago, etmuse said:

The YALC entrance remains only for those with a YALC ticket even after 10am. Anyone with a non-YALC ticket who wants to get into YALC will use the internal connections at that point.

Ah ok, got it. Thanks!