Olympia Entrances and door access

• Showmasters Admin

THURSDAY 26TH JULY 

Grand Hall Entrance – Olympia Way – opposite Kensington Olympia Station

Gold Pass, Diamond Pass, 3 Day Tickets, 3 Day YALC pass Collection.

All of the above passes can be collected at the above entrance between 3pm and 8pm. This is not mandatory and only offered as an extra service.

The show is not open on this day so there no access to any of the halls. Pass collection will be on a first come first served basis.

FRIDAY 27TH, SATURDAY 28TH AND SUNDAY 29TH JULY

Grand Hall Entrance – Olympia Way – opposite Kensington Olympia Station

Gold Pass Entrance

Olympia Main Reception – on Hammersmith Road

YALC Entrance

________________________________________________________________________________

Olympia West Entrance – in Blythe Road

Extra Help Entrance for Day tickets & 3 Day Ticket holders

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olympia West - Gate H – in Blythe Road

Main Entrance – Day Tickets, 3 Day Tickets, Diamond Pass Collection and Pay On The Day (subject to availability)

Olympia West Entrance and Gate H will open for queuing at the following times

Friday 8.00am

Saturday 7.00am

Sunday 7.30am

If you have a Gold Pass and Diamond passes - you should go to the Gold Pass entrance and your Diamond Passes will be held with your Gold passes. You do not need to go to both places.

If you have a YALC, or Gold ticket and require extra help, there will be extra help points at both of those entrances so you should go there first.

2udzxgj.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, **Kelsey** said:

@Too Tall  I'm bit confused ?? Do I need to collect my 3 day pass on Thursday? Because I'm coming up on Friday. Sorry it's been long day.:blush:

No. This is just an extra service for those who want to save time. You can very well pick up on Friday :)

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, CatherineRice said:

Why cant extra help passes be collected on Thursday please ? 

Will it be possible to buy photoshoot and talk tickets in person on Thursday to avoid massive queues on Friday ?

No, the only think they are doing is pass collection Catherine, the show is not open beyond that,  You can buy tickets on line still if they haven;t sold out

So.. after what I can tell the extra help entrance is where the exit was last year. Where is the exit this year?? A lot of people struggled with finding where they could exit the venue last year. So if there could be given any information about where it is located this year it would help a lot of people.

Also where will queueing for the after show event take place?

22 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

So.. after what I can tell the extra help entrance is where the exit was last year. Where is the exit this year?? A lot of people struggled with finding where they could exit the venue last year. So if there could be given any information about where it is located this year it would help a lot of people.

Also where will queueing for the after show event take place?

The exit is usually the Gold pass entrance Viking, which is on the road that runs alongside the railway line, the Access Entrance on show days is to the same hall that general entry queue in, they just go through the proper door rather than the side entrance GE uses

Gold pass entrance and main exit https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4971725,-0.2097033,3a,75y,220.58h,77.26t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sTIkpPxyi3BqItRgmGl1joA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Access entry ( H is literally round the curve of the building looking right) https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.4965379,-0.2122601,3a,75y,118.16h,94.62t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sBFwsoyZP2-igB5yhXunceg!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo1.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DBFwsoyZP2-igB5yhXunceg%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D151.9283%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656

Excuse my ignorance please as I’ve never been to the Olympia before but what is the difference between the arrows (entrances according to the key) and the lettered “gates”?

specifically my partner requires disabled access so is it the gate (H) or the blue arrow entrance that we use?

22 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Excuse my ignorance please as I’ve never been to the Olympia before but what is the difference between the arrows (entrances according to the key) and the lettered “gates”?

specifically my partner requires disabled access so is it the gate (H) or the blue arrow entrance that we use?

It's taken from the Olympia website so it's a key they use, no idea what the arrows mean but it may represent the disabled access doors.  Disabled entrance on Fri-Sun is the blue arrow next to H

38 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It's taken from the Olympia website so it's a key they use, no idea what the arrows mean but it may represent the disabled access doors.  Disabled entrance on Fri-Sun is the blue arrow next to H

Thanks Ray

Edited by Ravogd

4 hours ago, VikingGrrrl said:

4 hours ago, Raylenth said:

The exit is usually the Gold pass entrance Viking, which is on the road that runs alongside the railway line, the Access Entrance on show days is to the same hall that general entry queue in, they just go through the proper door rather than the side entrance GE uses

I repeat: The exit last year was where the extra help entrance is this year. (Arrow on Olympia West).

After a lot of people complained about having trouble finding the exit during last con and being denied exiting through various doors, I understand this was the only exit available.

Question: Where is this years exit? Since it can't be where it was last year because this is now the extra help entrance. If the exit is where the gold pass entrance is then that is fine. I just want to know where it is going to be and not end up like a lot of people last year wondering where it is and staff at different unused doors not being able to tell where it is.

And I know where the gold pass entrance is RayRay, it's not my first LFCC.

Sorry for the rant. Love you!

9 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Then I am confused, I exited by the gold pass entrance last year, and as far as I am aware that was the official one

Image result for elmo gif

This is confusing.. The exit I used was the one through the doors in Olympia West (not the gate) and there where crew with stamps there.

2 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

This is confusing.. The exit I used was the one through the doors in Olympia West (not the gate) and there where crew with stamps there.

I guess they were covering both doors?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, VikingGrrrl said:

I'll try and get a definitive answer on this when I can, at present there is only me on tonight but I will follow it up.

• Thanks 2

At Birmingham, I remember going straight in showing my QR code of my-prepurchased entry tickets. There was no queue, but a rather long one to the side of me - I'm guessing they hadn't bought any tickets prior.

Can I safely assume that if I've bought prior entry tickets and have the printed sheet or QR code on my app, that entry ( once I find the right door) is quick?

I heard some story about people queuing for hours at London last year to get in - but who were these exactly?

Forgive me if this has already been asked its my first time attending a con! As ill be arriving by tube and I have printed out my Saturday entry ticket can I enter via Grand Hall entrance (which is opposite Kensington station) and walk through to gate H to collect my Diamond pass or will I have to walk round the outside of Olympia and enter through gate H? 

Looking at it I'm sure ill have to walk round to gate H but just wanted to ask in case I can potentially save myself some time! 

1 minute ago, cazzawalker said:

Forgive me if this has already been asked its my first time attending a con! As ill be arriving by tube and I have printed out my Saturday entry ticket can I enter via Grand Hall entrance (which is opposite Kensington station) and walk through to gate H to collect my Diamond pass or will I have to walk round the outside of Olympia and enter through gate H? 

Looking at it I'm sure ill have to walk round to gate H but just wanted to ask in case I can potentially save myself some time! 

You have to go all the way to gate H.

16 minutes ago, Hawkman40 said:

At Birmingham, I remember going straight in showing my QR code of my-prepurchased entry tickets. There was no queue, but a rather long one to the side of me - I'm guessing they hadn't bought any tickets prior.

Can I safely assume that if I've bought prior entry tickets and have the printed sheet or QR code on my app, that entry ( once I find the right door) is quick?

I heard some story about people queuing for hours at London last year to get in - but who were these exactly?

Depends when you get there and how many other people are trying to get in at the same time. Always plan extra time to enter the venue.