Diamond Pass Questions

InsO

13 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

They usually come with a ball chain that you can hang round your neck. You might be better off bringing your own lanyard.

A lanyard it the strap part that you hang round your neck. The pass itself is a plastic laminate.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. Definitely buying lanyards then.

I got a lanyard with mine last year? (which I must remember to take with me on Saturday) 

(well actually I got the lanyard when I went to collect my print - got nothing with it when we collected on Thursday)

Just now, WinterDoctor said:

Been told couple answers to this if anyone can confirm please :) When going to Diamond Pass autograph table, if they're already doing VQ tickets, do you get fast tracked to front of the queue or added to the back without needing a VQ ticket?

If you have a diamond pass for a guest you will get fast tracked, bit only for the guest who your diamond pass is for, you still have to get VQs for the other diamond guests.

1 minute ago, WinterDoctor said:

That's fine, so if say for my Matt Smith DP if I miss the DP Auto call out cause of photo clashes and when I go to his table, if there's a queue of VQ I still get put in front of the person seeing him currently? 

No, you'll join the end of the queue.

14 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

If you have a diamond pass for a guest you will get fast tracked, bit only for the guest who your diamond pass is for, you still have to get VQs for the other diamond guests.

As Lemming said Dalek, you do not get taken to the front if you go when VQ's have been called, you get added to the end.  Diamonds are a guarantee of getting the items but there is no fast track aspect

17 minutes ago, WinterDoctor said:

Been told couple answers to this if anyone can confirm please :) When going to Diamond Pass autograph table, if they're already doing VQ tickets, do you get fast tracked to front of the queue or added to the back without needing a VQ ticket?

The official line is that you will join the back of the queue and will NOT get fast tracked to the front. It appears there have been some crew who have misunderstood this in the past though.

Edited by Wrong Name

A bit off topic but just figured I jump on my original tread. When giving a diamond guest a gift do you hand it to one of the people sitting next to them, the person that sales the autographs or to the guest themselves please? 

Just now, InsO said:

A bit off topic but just figured I jump on my original tread. When giving a diamond guest a gift do you hand it to one of the people sitting next to them, the person that sales the autographs or to the guest themselves please? 

You can give it to the guest, but just an FYI it's no different if it's a non diamond guest you want to give a gift to.

• Thanks 1

I have a diamond pass question, and figured I would post it here... So if I have a DP and the photoshoot is set for Sunday, does that automatically mean the Autograph has to be on Sunday, or could it be earlier? Or is the Autograph a # that will be on DP when I pick it up, and I just have to wait till that number DP is called (I am going all 3 days)?  Also, if the person I have a DP with is having an AM and PM Session, is there any reason I should try to go to the AM one over the PM? I ask only cause there is a Talk as the same time as the AM session for one of my DPs that I want to attend, and the person has  a PM photoshoot but didn't know if I was over looking something. 

2 minutes ago, REL1203 said:

I have a diamond pass question, and figured I would post it here... So if I have a DP and the photoshoot is set for Sunday, does that automatically mean the Autograph has to be on Sunday, or could it be earlier? Or is the Autograph a # that will be on DP when I pick it up, and I just have to wait till that number DP is called (I am going all 3 days)?  Also, if the person I have a DP with is having an AM and PM Session, is there any reason I should try to go to the AM one over the PM? I ask only cause there is a Talk as the same time as the AM session for one of my DPs that I want to attend, and the person has  a PM photoshoot but didn't know if I was over looking something. 

You can get the auto on any day the guest is there

The photo is locked to the day you choose and will be on your pass

You can go to either session, you will be called up before Gold and GA on either session

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, XIII said:

You can get the auto on any day the guest is there

Any day? Is there no type of numbering for the Auto Part of the DP? or is it just kinda a DP Free for All when it comes to the Autograph part, go whenever? 

1 minute ago, REL1203 said:

Any day? Is there no type of numbering for the Auto Part of the DP? or is it just kinda a DP Free for All when it comes to the Autograph part, go whenever? 

They will be a sign that states which diamond pass numbers can go for their autograph, it will say something like 1-100 or 1-200 and if your diamond is within that number at that time then you can go get your autograph 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, REL1203 said:

1 hour ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

They will be a sign that states which diamond pass numbers can go for their autograph, it will say something like 1-100 or 1-200 and if your diamond is within that number at that time then you can go get your autograph 

Not quite just at that time.  You can get your auto any time during the event (during the time the guest is there obviously) once your number has been called, so if it's a 2/3 day guest and they call all the DP's on the first day, you can go as soon as your number is on the board, an hour later, or the next day if you wish

• Thanks 1

Hi. I'm going to pick up a Diamond pass for Meat Loaf. I have a Sunday pass. His AM photoshoot is from 9.30am which i'd like to make. Would it be better for me to pick up my pass on Saturday if the queues are going to be large on Sunday morning?? I know the gates open at 9.00am on Sunday and as Meat Loaf's photoshoot is 9.30 i might not have time to make it. Also do the Diamond passes start back to the beginning again each day ( 1-100, 1-200 etc ) Thanks

Edited by Fastboy

1 minute ago, Fastboy said:

Hi. I'm going to pick up a Diamond pass for Meat Loaf. I have a Sunday pass. His AM photoshoot is from 9.30am which i'd like to make. Would it be better for me to pick up my pass on Saturday if the queues are going to be large on Sunday morning?? I know the gates open at 7.30am on Sunday but i doubt i could make it there so early. Also do the Diamond passes start back to the beginning again each day ( 1-100, 1-200 etc ) Thanks

If you can pick it up the day before it does make it easier.  Kind of.  They will open with Diamonds 1 to where they got to so anyone with a lower ticket who didn't go through the previous days can still join the queue.  If they called all the diamonds the previous day they will open with 'All Diamonds' then move to 'All Diamonds, VQ's 1-30' and onward

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

If you can pick it up the day before it does make it easier.  Kind of.  They will open with Diamonds 1 to where they got to so anyone with a lower ticket who didn't go through the previous days can still join the queue.  If they called all the diamonds the previous day they will open with 'All Diamonds' then move to 'All Diamonds, VQ's 1-30' and onward

Thanks!! Does the queuing start from 7.30am Sunday morning to pick up the Diamond passes do you know?? ( did i read that somewhere? )

Just now, Fastboy said:

Thanks!! Does the queuing start from 7.30am Sunday morning to pick up the Diamond passes do you know?? ( did i read that somewhere? )

Diamond Pass collection point is in the general entry queuing area, so you can access the Diamond Pass collection point from the time the queuing area opens, which is indeed at 7:30 am :D

Just now, Fastboy said:

There is no exact time for when diamond pass collection starts but it'll be sometime between the queue hall opening and the con opening.