Diamond Pass Questions

InsO

1.      At the diamond talk as you go first if your partner has a standard ticket, can you hold a sit for them so you can seat together? I see how it would be unfair on diamond and gold pass holders if everyone held a seat but at the same time it would be somewhat unpleasant if you and your significant other are separated because he/she is not a big enough fan to purchase a diamond pass.

2.      As a huge Peter Capaldi fan, would love him to sign all 3 of my Doctor Who posters. Is that possible to buy 2-3 more autographs on top of the Diamond pass or is there a limit one per person please? I might be imagining this but thought it said guaranteed extra autograph when I purchased the pass but the text has gone now. 

Apologies if these have been answered elsewhere, did a search but could not find anything relevant other than traders buying insane amounts of autographs with diamond passes in previous years.

Ta for the answers in advance!

Edited by InsO

1. Yes, see here: 

2. If you wanted to sit together, you would have to sit further back with the standard ticket holders, they could not join you in the diamond/gold area.

3. You can purchase up to 5 autos at one time.

You should have a read of the FAQ thread where a lot of this is covered :D

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1. whenever you want Inso, on Thursday or the days you are attending.  Not sure what you mean, the guests are usually there for opening and if they don't have a photo or talk first thing they will go to their auto table.

2. No.  If you want to sit together you will have to sit in standard seating with him.  That's unfair to everyone else with standard tickets otherwise  Think about how many extra people would be up front if every diamond pass holder did that

3.You can buy 5 auto's at a time, so on top of the one included in your pass you can buy 4 extra

• Thanks 1

Hey folks, 

About the extra autos - I’ve seen it said a few times that you can buy up to 5 extra, but the listing in the Eventbrite shop states otherwise:

“The guaranteed option to buy up to 1 extra autographs if wanted” 

I only wanted 1 myself but I wouldn’t want anyone to be disappointed on the day. 

18 minutes ago, Dorgris said:

Hey folks, 

About the extra autos - I’ve seen it said a few times that you can buy up to 5 extra, but the listing in the Eventbrite shop states otherwise:

“The guaranteed option to buy up to 1 extra autographs if wanted” 

I only wanted 1 myself but I wouldn’t want anyone to be disappointed on the day. 

How many autos you get to buy can be limited to a lower number because of different reasons, but this does not happen often. Some diamond passes have stated there is a guaranteed option to buy x extra autos, so with them you are guaranteed the option to buy x extra autos.

• Like 1

There's only 1 guest so far with a lower than normal extra guarantee and that's Meatloaf at 1 extra.  Everyone else should be normal rules.  But note it's 5, so the one included in your pass and 4 more.

11 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

There's only 1 guest so far with a lower than normal extra guarantee and that's Meatloaf at 1 extra.  Everyone else should be normal rules.  But note it's 5, so the one included in your pass and 4 more.

Okeedokey, that’s good to know. Just so you know though, the Capaldi listing on Eventbrite does have the same lower than normal extra guarantee as Meatloaf’s listing. An error, I’m guessing? 

Just now, Dorgris said:

Okeedokey, that’s good to know. Just so you know though, the Capaldi listing on Eventbrite does have the same lower than normal extra guarantee as Meatloaf’s listing. An error, I’m guessing? 

Possibly, or they have added it in so they can cut it if needed if they need to speed the queue up.

Sorry Just read this on a different thread - can a mod confirm this please

"If you have a Gold Pass and Diamond passes - you should go to the Gold Pass entrance and your Diamond Passes will be held with your Gold passes. You do not need to go to both places."

This is going to make it a bit easier as I have  gold pass to pick up on Friday and some Diamond passes.

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, homerj said:

Sorry Just read this on a different thread - can a mod confirm this please

"If you have a Gold Pass and Diamond passes - you should go to the Gold Pass entrance and your Diamond Passes will be held with your Gold passes. You do not need to go to both places."

This is going to make it a bit easier as I have  gold pass to pick up on Friday and some Diamond passes.

This came initially direct from SM on Facebook (and has been confirmed by TooTall in the entry thread pinned here) so is as confirmed as it can be.

Edited by etmuse

Question: my son and I both have Peter Capaldi Diamond passes and we’re both planning on going to his talk. Unfortunately, I see on the schedule that it clashes with his photo op with Isaac Hempstead-Wright. Can I save him a seat so he can join me later when he has finished taking his photo?

Also, we are traveling from abroad and we may have trouble with the cell phone reception at the venue. I am afraid of how difficult it will be if we get separated. Can I accompany him to his other photo ops and stand on the side or do I plan ahead to meet him at some pre-established point?

Thank you.

41 minutes ago, Beepages said:

Question: my son and I both have Peter Capaldi Diamond passes and we’re both planning on going to his talk. Unfortunately, I see on the schedule that it clashes with his photo op with Isaac Hempstead-Wright. Can I save him a seat so he can join me later when he has finished taking his photo?

Also, we are traveling from abroad and we may have trouble with the cell phone reception at the venue. I am afraid of how difficult it will be if we get separated. Can I accompany him to his other photo ops and stand on the side or do I plan ahead to meet him at some pre-established point?

Thank you.

Technically no, you can't save seats.

It depends on how old he is Bee, if he's young then yes you can, if he's old enough to be on his own (Ie over 15/16) and you aren't accompanying him in a carer capacity then you won't be allowed into the booth without a ticket,  you can wait for him near the exit though

Thanks for the reply @Raylenth. Can he get in to the talk with his Diamond pass even if the talk has started? He was looking forward to that.  And on the day, we will pick a meet up spot if we get separated. We are looking forward to the event and it will be his first trip to London!

2 minutes ago, Beepages said:

Thanks for the reply @Raylenth. Can he get in to the talk with his Diamond pass even if the talk has started? He was looking forward to that.  And on the day, we will pick a meet up spot if we get separated. We are looking forward to the event and it will be his first trip to London!

Late comers are admitted to talks Bee, there won't be any issue with that, but he will just have to find any available free seat.  You will have a good time, the best thing to do when you get in is have a look around the venue so you are familiar with the layout then you can pick a meeting place you are both comfortable finding again.  There's often lots of movie cars dotted around the venue so they make a good meeting place as they are instantly recognisable

Just now, KevSim said:

Hello. Just quickly want to hijack this thread, as people are being really helpful!

If I want to buy additional autographs on top of my Diamond pass, do I buy them online, or at the venue?

Thanks

You buy them at the venue and pay when you go to get the autograph included in the diamond pass :D

13 minutes ago, KevSim said:

Hello. Just quickly want to hijack this thread, as people are being really helpful!

If I want to buy additional autographs on top of my Diamond pass, do I buy them online, or at the venue?

Thanks

12 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

You buy them at the venue and pay when you go to get the autograph included in the diamond pass :D

You buy them at the guest's desk at the venue and can purchase an extra 4 on top of your Diamond Pass (so 5 in total as usual) :smile:

2 minutes ago, irdamajere said:

On the topic of diamond passes so I don't start a whole new thread, do lanyards come with the passes or do I need to bring my own? Maybe a silly question but it's my first time buying a DP.

The pass itself is a lanyard with an image of the guest and your pass number on it.:D

17 minutes ago, irdamajere said:

On the topic of diamond passes so I don't start a whole new thread, do lanyards come with the passes or do I need to bring my own? Maybe a silly question but it's my first time buying a DP.

They usually come with a ball chain that you can hang round your neck. You might be better off bringing your own lanyard.

15 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

The pass itself is a lanyard with an image of the guest and your pass number on it.:D

A lanyard it the strap part that you hang round your neck. The pass itself is a plastic laminate.