Pass Pickup Times

1 minute ago, RachaelN said:

Ok that’s fine, thank you :) so you mean I do still get to join the queue that’s already there, I won’t get sent away like I would if I had a really high number VQ ticket? I don’t mind having to join the queue, as long as I do get the autograph.

If the queue is too long you might be asked to come back but if it's not they will let you join it

7 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

If the queue is too long you might be asked to come back but if it's not they will let you join it

Ok cool yeah, that’s what I thought. I’ll try to get there at about 12 so hopefully at some point between then and closing the queue won’t be too long.    

1 hour ago, Kurdamoni said:

I sound like such a newbie haha thx RayRay! :D 

I feel you, first time I'm going three days from friday 10am till sunday 8pm. Last year I've also gone three days but I arrived in London on friday so I got to the con around 2 pm so I couldn't plan any photo ops. That pickup on thursday is confusing but I'll figure it out :D Still, better safe than sorry of course and asking a simple question never hurt anyone ^_^ 

Okay, every guest i booked on the Friday has now cancelled, we originally booked three day passes but now we won't be coming on the Friday as it's a long journey to make in the wheelchair for no guests, will i still be able to get my pass and special assistance on the sunday? I'm not after refunds, I'll take the hit knowing the terms and conditions when we originally booked but instead will just be attending the sunday now and want to make sure the passes etc will still be there Sunday x

Just now, CarkinsBug said:

Okay, every guest i booked on the Friday has now cancelled, we originally booked three day passes but now we won't be coming on the Friday as it's a long journey to make in the wheelchair for no guests, will i still be able to get my pass and special assistance on the sunday? I'm not after refunds, I'll take the hit knowing the terms and conditions when we originally booked but instead will just be attending the sunday now and want to make sure the passes etc will still be there Sunday x

Yes

• Like 1

Just now, CarkinsBug said:

Yes, you can collect your passes on any day.

• Like 1

Pass Pickup question... having never been there... it sounds like lots of queues, which is fine.  But, are the locations we are picking up things inside or outside?  IE will we be queuing up outside?

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, TankerT said:

Pass Pickup question... having never been there... it sounds like lots of queues, which is fine.  But, are the locations we are picking up things inside or outside?  IE will we be queuing up outside?

Pickup on Thursday will likely be queuing mostly outside (pickup itself will be inside but only just inside as setup of the event will be going on inside). During the weekend pickup and queues will be inside.

Edited by etmuse
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, InsO said:

On Thursday when picking up the Diamond passes can we also upgrade a photo  to a  diamond pass or can this only be done on Friday at the sales desk please?

No, it's collection only, no sales activities Inso, that would have to be done at the Sales Desk on an show day

• Thanks 1

Not seen this one answered anywhere, but it's my first time dealing with diamond passes so...

Are the DP NUMBERS first come first served, or have they already been allocated? Say, for example, I booked a Peter Capaldi diamond pass really early (for the sake of argument pretend I was the first one to book), but am only attending on the Sunday. Will everyone that has collected on the Thursday have lower DP numbers than me, or would I still have DP 1 for the purposes of the VQ?

A little concerned that by the time I have queued and got everything, particularly if I'm only there on the Sunday, that I'll have a really high DP number and be back of the queue or autographs/photos.

To that end - do you HAVE to collect diamond passes upon entry, or can you head upstairs, get the VQ tickets for non-diamond guests, then come back downstairs and collect your passes? I don't really want to end up back of the queue for other guests just because I was willing to spend significant money guaranteeing other autographs...

1 minute ago, autographfan said:

Not seen this one answered anywhere, but it's my first time dealing with diamond passes so...

Are the DP NUMBERS first come first served, or have they already been allocated? Say, for example, I booked a Peter Capaldi diamond pass really early (for the sake of argument pretend I was the first one to book), but am only attending on the Sunday. Will everyone that has collected on the Thursday have lower DP numbers than me, or would I still have DP 1 for the purposes of the VQ?

A little concerned that by the time I have queued and got everything, particularly if I'm only there on the Sunday, that I'll have a really high DP number and be back of the queue or autographs/photos.

To that end - do you HAVE to collect diamond passes upon entry, or can you head upstairs, get the VQ tickets for non-diamond guests, then come back downstairs and collect your passes? I don't really want to end up back of the queue for other guests just because I was willing to spend significant money guaranteeing other autographs...

The pass number is in order of purchase, so if you bought it quickly you will have a low number.

And you can collect the Diamond Pass at any point throughout the day, so you can get it when it is easiest for you to do.

1 hour ago, FoxhoundTCF said:

Excellent. I'll be able to pick up my 3-day wristband on the Thursday on the way to the hotel

Just curious as it's my first con and I've bought a 3 day pass. What's the advantage of picking up the wristband on the Thursday? Wouldn't I still need to queue up at the main entrance with everyone else on the Friday?

Just now, Admuz said:

Just curious as it's my first con and I've bought a 3 day pass. What's the advantage of picking up the wristband on the Thursday? Wouldn't I still need to queue up at the main entrance with everyone else on the Friday?

Yes, but it'll save a few precious seconds of having to get the QR code scanned and the wristband put on on the Friday morning. :smile:

44 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Yes, but it'll save a few precious seconds of having to get the QR code scanned and the wristband put on on the Friday morning. :smile:

Could make all the difference!! B)