Pass Pickup Times

So, I picked up my gold pass and my diamond passes.

How do they know if you got your photo/autograph?  All I got was these plastic large dog tags.  (I didn't get a chain either, which I thought I expected to see.)

Perhaps I should have asked at the venue, but with everything going on, and my son being quite hungry, I just got my envelopes and left.

3 minutes ago, TankerT said:

So, I picked up my gold pass and my diamond passes.

How do they know if you got your photo/autograph?  All I got was these plastic large dog tags.  (I didn't get a chain either, which I thought I expected to see.)

Perhaps I should have asked at the venue, but with everything going on, and my son being quite hungry, I just got my envelopes and left.

They clip out the relevant piece of your plastic dog tag.... with a little circle punch so they can see you've been for photo auto etc.   Its the little pictures on side of the dog tag they punch  out :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeartDT said:

They clip out the relevant piece of your plastic dog tag.... with a little circle punch so they can see you've been for photo auto etc.   Its the little pictures on side of the dog tag they punch  out :)

Thanks so much!  Panic attack averted.

2 minutes ago, TankerT said:

Thanks so much!  Panic attack averted.

You're welcome.   Guard the passes with your life.  Every year i find at least one diamond pass not fully used someone has lost.  I always hand them in... and would like to think anyone part of this community would... but you never know :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

You're welcome.   Guard the passes with your life.  Every year i find at least one diamond pass not fully used someone has lost.  I always hand them in... and would like to think anyone part of this community would... but you never know :)

Not everyone is as honest as most of us, HeartDT... just don't be like someone I know at a con this year that lost their pass & expected the company to issue him a refund on the spot. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, SkiesofBlue said:

Quick question ! I printed out my E-tickets. Do I still need to pick them up, i.e. go to Gate H on Blythe Road ? Thanks for your help in advance

Depends..if you bought either a 3 day pass, gold pass or any diamond passes then yes there is something to collect.   If you have a day pass only.and no diamond passes then nothing for you to collect.

Edited by HeartDT

4 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

Depends..if you bought either a 3 day pass, gold pass or any diamond passes then yes there is something to collect.   If you have a day pass only.and no diamond passes then nothing for you to collect.

Hi ! Yes, I've got a Diamond Pass for Peter Capaldi. Does one go to Gate H only to collect the passes or do you go straight through and find yourself "in" the convention ? (btw, it's my first convention, so I have no idea whatsoever)

3 minutes ago, SkiesofBlue said:

Hi ! Yes, I've got a Diamond Pass for Peter Capaldi. Does one go to Gate H only to collect the passes or do you go straight through and find yourself "in" the convention ? (btw, it's my first convention, so I have no idea whatsoever)

It depends on what entry ticket you have.  If you have a 1 day one or a Weekend pass then you go to Hall H on Blythe Road and collect your pass, if it's before opening then you go and join the entry queue also in that hall

24 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Yes, blank. Just picked mine up. No queue. Got two No 1 Diamond Pass. My highest one was Sam Neill with No 216.

1 minute ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Who were your number one diamond passes for?

Just as a heads up guys but please don't discuss pass numbers, it spooks people

Serious request as per last year!

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Just as a heads up guys but please don't discuss pass numbers, it spooks people

Serious request as per last year!

Although saying that I'm pretty sure my Megan Fox diamond pass would have been no.1 :P

3 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Ah ok I wasn't aware that it was an issue, sorry about that. :D

Just now, tenaciouspirit said:

Yeah sorry, I wasn't aware either!

That's OK, I did the same thing last year. If the mods see this and say it's fine then by all means, I just know how it went last year when I posted mine :D

Okay, I'm spooked... I had all my guests cancel but one and had been debating whether to still go as it'll be a long journey and day for me being disabled and trying to get into the photo in time as I can't make the pm photo due to travelling home, thatNumber seriously just put me off, I've got literally no hope.... This experience is not going well for me, my first con.... I'm seriously considering staying home :(

3 minutes ago, CarkinsBug said:

Okay, I'm spooked... I had all my guests cancel but one and had been debating whether to still go as it'll be a long journey and day for me being disabled and trying to get into the photo in time as I can't make the pm photo due to travelling home, thatNumber seriously just put me off, I've got literally no hope.... This experience is not going well for me, my first con.... I'm seriously considering staying home :(

Speak to the crew and explain, they will do everything they can to help you