LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - MATT SMITH

8 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

As much as I want to and I could easily buy one straight away I’m not going to, my sister can’t get one so I’m not going to be cruel and buy one so she feels left out :D

I’ve done an autograph pre order though so I’m happy! 

Might do a photoshoot not sure yet!

BsfV.gif

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, FanGirl said:

I always have printed tickets though (a bit of an organisation freak lol) so I’ve checked on Eventbrite and it has updated on there but, my already printed out Diamond Pass Tickets have the wrong venue? It also says Motorpoint on the Tardis Matt photo ticket and the Tom Baker Diamond Pass ticket. Basically all tonights ticket purchases :huh: 

It will be fine Fan, the office are aware of the issue and it's only the location that's wrong.  Your ticket still says the right date and guest.  But you can print another ticket from your eventbrite account and that should have been corrected.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It will be fine Fan, the office are aware of the issue and it's only the location that's wrong.  Your ticket still says the right date and guest.  But you can print another ticket from your eventbrite account and that should have been corrected.

Thanks I didn’t actually know this so I really appreciate that. I’ve just checked and when I’ve logged in it says Hammersmith Road as opposed to Olympia Way will that be ok still?

I really want it as The Crown fan whilst going to the convention to see Tobias Menzies, who is now in The Crown series, on August but it has gone too far. I was about to buy a Diamond Pass for Aiden Turner and now I don't think I can afford on getting Matt Smith because I need to save for other important things including a wedding anniversary present. :(

15 minutes ago, FanGirl said:

Thanks I didn’t actually know this so I really appreciate that. I’ve just checked and when I’ve logged in it says Hammersmith Road as opposed to Olympia Way will that be ok still?

It should be fine but hopefully there will be a statement about it

• Thanks 1

Amazing guest! Tempted to book a photo to update the one I had many years ago with him in which I look tragic :lol:

Very glad however that I managed to meet him at his stage door two years ago, that has saved me a lot of money on a diamond pass to guarantee his auto on my poster!

1 minute ago, walker-within said:

Amazing guest! Tempted to book a photo to update the one I had many years ago with him in which I look tragic :lol:

Very glad however that I managed to meet him at his stage door two years ago, that has saved me a lot of money on a diamond pass to guarantee his auto on my poster!

He's on batch 8 of 8 at the moment, I imagine they will add more but just wanted to let people know where it's up to just in case.

5 minutes ago, THRESHER said:

I know Matt photo-ops will be hugely popular and time will be limited, but any chance we may see a double photo-op with Arthur Darvil?

Possibly, there are some joint combo's but we have to wait until any further combo's are announced.

1 hour ago, R4wly97 said:

As much as I want to and I could easily buy one straight away I’m not going to, my sister can’t get one so I’m not going to be cruel and buy one so she feels left out :D

I’ve done an autograph pre order though so I’m happy! 

Might do a photoshoot not sure yet!

Do you pay extra for autograph pre order?

Is this different from using a Diamond Pass?

Could some clarify please?

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, MarxistWhovian said:

Thank you.

A pre order is where showmasters get something signed for you at the con, and then send it out to you in the mail. It guarantees you the auto, but means you don't actually get to meet the guest in person.

Edited by tenaciouspirit

20 minutes ago, MarxistWhovian said:

Thank you.

And yes, it costs a bit more, generally auto price + £5 for a signature, personalisations cost a bit more.  It's a service generally intended for people who can't attend.

Bought my Matt Smith Diamond Pass earlier today, very happy! :D Now I have 5 Doctor Who-related Diamond Passes :o I couldn’t be more grateful for this lineup but, quoting the show, “No more” please, I can’t afford anything else :P:lol:

I probably won’t be able to book Tom Baker or the Classic Doctor trio photo as intended because I’ve already spent too much, might also reconsider some of the non-Diamond autos :( Will do an exception if Capaldi/Eccleston/Smith or Smith/Darvill group photos are announced because I’m very weak :P But I’m so happy that with Matt I’ll have met all modern Doctors after this con, since I’ve already met Tennant :D:lol: That was a dream goal of mine, never expected Showmasters to make it happen in only one event! :o:lol:

Anyway, I’ve also noticed that my DP tickets says “Hammersmith Rd” as opposed to “Olympia Way” which appeared in all my previous tickets. The same address is also listed at the top of the store page (at least on mobile). Hope that won’t be a problem so far as guest name and day are correct :unsure:

Edited by Nerd Who
  • Like 1

Did not expect this announcement to be a guest of this calibre.  Super excited.

(I know you're not doing it -- but I nonetheless contemplated the hypothetical of if SM offered a joint photo shoot with all the Doctors in attendance.  My brain exploded.  Both at the thought of the price, and the thought that, no matter what the price, it would sell out.)

• Like 1

Looks like the (regular) photo shoot has already sold out.

TARDIS one still open.

(Am actually hesitating on whether to buy it.  Not because I don't want it, but because I'd want to make sure I've got enough time for a wardrobe change, as the cosplay I want to use with the Capaldi photo shoot the same day would not work Smith.)

• Like 1