LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - TOM BAKER

Just now, Angelkath said:

Hi maybe I'm missing something but I can't find the times for the standard Tom Baker photo ops on the schedule, just the TARDIS ones x

This schedule is just a rough draft, as stated in the original post. This is one of the errors that will be fixed in an updated version on Monday.

1 minute ago, fanowaty said:

Any chances that more Tom Baker DPs will be added? I totally missed those and didn't see them selling out THIS fast...

Only there for a few hours so I'm not surprised that they sold out this fast. Perhaps they will add more after the weekend but I doubt it.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, The_batflash123 said:

Only there for a few hours so I'm not surprised that they sold out this fast. Perhaps they will add more after the weekend but I doubt it.

He's also a slow signer, so guaranteeing an auto for all DPs means the number of DPs has to be even more limited

1 minute ago, Tom Beaker said:

I have a Diamond Pass for Tom and I honestly have't got anything for him to sign. 

...and I cant afford an original Golden Voyage of Sinbad poster :(

You get a Poster with your Diamond Pass maybe get that signed? 

54 minutes ago, Tom Beaker said:

I have a Diamond Pass for Tom and I honestly have't got anything for him to sign. 

...and I cant afford an original Golden Voyage of Sinbad poster :(

Yep, same problem over here. Thinking about bringing my vinyl of Energy of the Daleks with me but I'm afraid it's gonna break while travelling from Belgium :unsure:

24 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

Yep, same problem over here. Thinking about bringing my vinyl of Energy of the Daleks with me but I'm afraid it's gonna break while travelling from Belgium :unsure:

Leave the actual disk at home, and just bring the cardboard sleeve?

3 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

With breaking I also ment dents in the cardboard. I have nothing that's big enough to protect it. That's the main problem.

Fair enough. I'm bringing one in an art folder, but i understand that's not practical for flights. Not sure what to suggest on that one. It's possible that there are hard cases for vinyls out there, but I've not seen one.

1 minute ago, Wrong Name said:

Fair enough. I'm bringing one in an art folder, but i understand that's not practical for flights. Not sure what to suggest on that one. It's possible that there are hard cases for vinyls out there, but I've not seen one.

I'm thinking about just getting my photo with him signed (depending on the schedule if signing is before or after his photo ops) and frame it or perhaps let him sign my Diamond Pass and put it in a frame together with his photo. Would make a fun memorabilia. 

Just now, AckAck said:

The fact that the DP’s are sold out, is it worth buying a standard photo shoot?

Will there be time (pun intended) for these.

Yes, if they haven't sold out you can still buy a photoshoot and as such are guaranteed a photoshoot.

On 21/07/2018 at 5:51 PM, The_batflash123 said:

With breaking I also ment dents in the cardboard. I have nothing that's big enough to protect it. That's the main problem.

I had a similar problem with a Laserdisc. I took the actual disc out, only bought the cardboard sleeve. I sandwiched it between two thin piece of plywood and but it in the middle of my suitcase surrounded by clothes. 

Edited by Tom Beaker
Typo - its not a Laserdic!!
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tom Beaker said:

I had a similar problem with a Laserdisc. I took the actual disc out, only bought the cardboard sleeve. I sandwiched it between two thin piece of plywood and but it in the middle of my suitcase surrounded by clothes. 

Off-topic: Last year I brought a standard travelling backpack with me and a smaller backpack that was 1/6 of the bigger one. Can you guess which ones had my clothes and which one contained all the collectables I wanted to get signed? :D

On-topic: I'm gonna bring a suitcase with me this year because I'm gonna buy a lot of those frames. Perhaps I can put my sleeve in their but I don't know if it will fit though (it's not a very big suitcase, still need to do everything by public transport).

On 21/07/2018 at 11:17 AM, fanowaty said:

Any chances that more Tom Baker DPs will be added? I totally missed those and didn't see them selling out THIS fast...

Quoting you in the hope you see this Fan rush to get your Tom DP

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

I regretted not buying one originally, but when I saw they added more I jumped at the chance....also do we know what TARDIS the photo will be with (9th/10th doctor, 12th doctor or original) 

Just now, danthomas17 said:

I regretted not buying one originally, but when I saw they added more I jumped at the chance....also do we know what TARDIS the photo will be with (9th/10th doctor, 12th doctor or original) 

Usually Tardis photos are with the Tardis featured from Doctors 4-7, the iconic classic Tardis.